Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MY Stetson Got Stolen!

Wild Root

Gone Home
True! The east and other areas that do have real weather do cater to hat and coat people.

Just out west there really isn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t any real reason to wear hats or what have you. There are a few people who do, but we?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢re not enough for establishments to put of hat or coat racks. Some of the old buildings in the area have rooms where coat/hat checks were placed but, they?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢re closed up now and no one cares except for me and a few others.

WR.

matei

One Too Many
Sorry to hear about your purloined hat - some people have no class.

I have been lucky so far regarding my hats, but I am also vigilant! A few weeks ago, while waiting for my darling wife outside Marks & Sparks here in Islington I had some ruffians make a half-arsed attempt at swiping my 1940's Royal Stetson from on top of my head.

I could see them coming and managed to stave off the theft of my beloved headgear by suddenly moving back just two steps. Fortunately, for both parties, they decided to move on to easier pickings.

Regarding children... jaysus - good manners are simply not being taught today. It is as if parents are afraid to discipline their offspring. My wife and I observe this on a daily basis. Children are allowed to run amok in public and get away with appaling behaviour.

If I would've carried on like some of the children do today I would've received the proverbial clatter upon the gob from me aul fella.

Raffles

New in Town
all clubs over here have hat and coat checks, a lot of resturaunts do too, but I suppose that because it's such a cold wet country they don,t want damp coats all over the joint.

Raffles

New in Town
Oh yeah it's cold up there. I've spent many a winter in a caravan at St. Andrews and one morning we had to defrost the door to get out! It is nice there though but only if u can put up with a bit 'o chill. Windy too, that's when I invested in a hat saver. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24