Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need a windbreaker, any recommendations?

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I've been looking for a good one for over a year, you have no idea how hard it is to find something decent.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
$350, ouch! Are they worth that?

I have one in navy and like it quite a bit. It is a classic and the plaid lining is perfect. If I were to do it again, I'd get it in tan as I seem to always wear it with denim. However, I don't think they are worth anywhere near $350. I bought mine off the SF Buy & Sell for $100 and it was like new. Shop around and you can find a deal. The type of jacket is referred to as a Harrington and many companies make them. Baracuta has the name and is very nice, but there are other options. I'm pretty sure Lands End even sell one.

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
I have one in tan and it does go really well with jeans. The lining is the business as has been said. I paid 180 quid for it about four or five years ago and I don't regret it. It got a lot of wear in the spring and autumn but the thing is I agonise over the possibility of a stain on the tan material. I've kept it pristine but... If I could get it again I would probably get lotus green or black. I don't wear mine so much since I got my oil pull HH highwayman and my black filson/levis trucker jacket. Both are tough as nails so I'm not so concerned with mishaps. The Baracuta is probably for special occasions these days which really is the conundrum: it's strictly speaking a casual jacket but it's not a casual price.

Peacoat

Bartender
The Harrington has a different collar and different cuffs. The McGregor Antifreeze is the closest of the vintage models, and may have been the jacket. Good luck finding one in red, however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic