Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

need your suggestions for Shia Labeouf Transformers 3 Leather Jacket

Last edited:

dustyjohnson10

New in Town
I know about this website but it doesn't have the jacket which I am searching for. :(
I just need suggestions whether I should buy this jacket from this site ? Is the price of this jacket reasonable ??

I wouldn't buy it.
Not familiar with the site, the price is "too good" for a nice leather jacket, and there are "companies" out there selling poor quality "leather jackets" based on movie jackets to folks enamored of them.

Again, I'd recommend asking about this specific company over at the Film Jackets Forum.
Those folks have a lot of experience with companies selling "film jackets". I suspect somebody has come across this company at some point in time and can fill you in about them.
Though this jacket is not specifically discussed at the forum (at the current time), there may be somebody there who can steer you in a good direction.

JanSolo

Practically Family
The jacket looks very much like any cheap fashion jacket you can buy at European department stores. At 179 Dollars you should expect at least a minimum amount of quality.
The leather panels are not ridiculously small and there are not parting seams on the sleeves which is good.
Apart from that don't expect this jacket to be as well made as the usual (classic, vintage) stuff which is discussed here on the Fedora Lounge.
Lambskin fashion jackets are not made to last. The leather is thin and can rip very easily if you hit a door handle etc. And the quality of workmanship is very often disastrous, no matter what the manufacturer claims...

Grey washed goatskin would be a much better alternative. You should really contact Indy Magnoli and ask him if Magnoli Clothiers would make that jacket for you. They make a lot of film jackets and the quality should be way above the jacket in the link you provided.

http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/jackets-c-89.html

dustyjohnson10

New in Town
yea agree with you, and I have also gone through with the site you mentioned. I saw the website which is offering transformer 3 jacket and people have very good reviews over other products too and appreciated after recieving their order. and if I have to buy jacket from Magnoli Clothiers then I have to wait till Christmas to buy it till i got enough to spend on that kind of jackets .. lol. :p but really thanks for your suggestions. :)

dustyjohnson10

New in Town
thanks for your suggestions :( ... i had a live chat with the website online team and still thinking whether to go for it or not... i am very desperate for this jacket... lets see i will update you guys.

Last edited:
Figured somebody on the Film Jacket's Forum would have tracked that down.
1460 Euros????!!!!!!! :eeek: :eeek:
At least it should be a Belstaff for that much. OUCH!!!!!!
I change my opinion.
For what the quality of leather looks like on the original, $170 is a MUCH more reasonable price. It wouldn't surprise me if the "knock off's" quality was actually BETTER than the originals.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo