Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New 2014 Aero styles

schitzo

Suspended
I'm digging that August, and am wondering what leather the model is of. Looks awesome from here and I'm hoping it's something lightweight, not their brown FQHH. Sloane? Holly?

Dr.Seuss

One of the Regulars
Plainsman = Longer Maxwell, sans buttons? If so, opinions as to whether Aero would customize this into a button format?

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Nice to see some longer slim fitting jackets. Now FLoungers can stop complaining about Aero's bum-freezing period correct lengths!

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Does that mean the "battered" HH are a lightweight leather? It would seem crazy to me to label a jacket as a "lightweight 1930's Half Belt" and then show a picture of it made of a heavyweight leather .....

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yes, relatively speaking, it's a lighter leather - it first appeared for the Aeromarine, a jacket that's not suited to FQHH.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Actually, I quite like the look of the leather they used to display the plainsman...that might be the go rather than black or cordovan. I'm guessing its battered seal horse? Can anyone confirm that or know what it is if its something different?

This is indeed the battered seal horsehide, which is a mid-weight hide :)

Edward

Bartender
What, nothing new in the MC range?

Well, the board racer is a new Cafe Racer type, then that 59er Rivetts Highwayman is a very classic British motorcycle jacket design. Unless, though, they start aping the Lewis lancer front designs (a distinctly British take on the concept, markedly different from the American Perfectos et cetera, from which ,of course, they did take inspiration), they really kind of have all the mainbases covered in the motorcycle end of things.

One thing I do like is that tumbled cordovan...

Yes, it's very nice. My Bootlegger is standard FQHH, and it has aged beautifully.

Can't imagine anyone playing golf in the Royale nowadays !

Heh, no. I like it a lot. Puts me in mind of a more accurately thirties Indy type jacket. It'd never pass muster for the cosplay crowd, but if I was looking for a historically accurate jacket along the same theme as the Indy one, this is what I'd jump on. Anyone who has long looked at A2s but doesn't like knits sohlud be looking hard at this as an option.

Some nice jackets , but I agree with Mr Worf that they're not as inspiring as the previous batch of new designs.

I imagine it's all horses for courses, really. It'd be impossible, though, to have such an impact as did the new announcements last year, bearing in mind that the Aero range prior to early 2013 had been set in stone for as long as I'd been looking at their website. Inevitably, a second round of new designs in as many years won't be as big a shake-up.

Funny how the Waldes zips add that little bit extra character as well. Still sold on the Board Track though. It's a question of colour now: black or cordovan...

If you don't already have a black jacket, I'd be minded to go with that, remembering the Cordovan Bootlegger you also want.... (did somebody say 'enabler'?).

Well, the board racer is a new Cafe Racer type, then that 59er Rivetts Highwayman is a very classic British motorcycle jacket design. Unless, though, they start aping the Lewis lancer front designs (a distinctly British take on the concept, markedly different from the American Perfectos et cetera, from which ,of course, they did take inspiration), they really kind of have all the mainbases covered in the motorcycle end of things.

Aye, forgot about the Board racer. Much as I love the look of Lewis leather gear I'd rather Aero sticks with the repros of the US classics. You are right, they may have all the major players in the MC section but still, it would be cool to at least have Aero's take on the CHP style back, for example. Or take Rin Tanaka's book - there are so many incredible jackets in it, I don't think there's a single design I wouldn't want to own...

IXL

One Too Many
It might not be one of the newest styles, but the Aero Two-tone J-106 makes me go all weak in the knees.

Me too. I'm not cool enough to pull it off, but is freaking beautiful.

Will have none of that! I was convinced of the same thing in regard to Perfecto-styled motorcycle jackets and now it's the only type of jacket that I wear and have been wearing for a good few years.
Give it a try! I'm certain you'll end up surprised how well it works for you.

IXL

One Too Many
Will have none of that! I was convinced of the same thing in regard to Perfecto-styled motorcycle jackets and now it's the only type of jacket that I wear and have been wearing for a good few years.
Give it a try! I'm certain you'll end up surprised how well it works for you.

^^^^^ What he said! I have several Perfecto and Perfecto-styled jackets. According to the comments I get, it works.......I think it would work even better in that two-tone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925