Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero A-2

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Good chance that I'm heading over there on Thursday. I'll let you know if I see a huge pile of A-2s lying around. I had the pleasure of chatting to Ken this morning, and hearing him ask one of his staff how my jacket was coming along - cut and just about to be sewn, apparently. To say I'm rather excited is a massive understatement.

Last edited:

MJCR

One of the Regulars
I'll post as soon as I have a despatch notification. I went for the Seal Brown Steerhide (never had Steerhide, so I thought it would make a nice change) in a 48".

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Thanks Fanch, wdw. I have placed an order online and Christine replied that the leather has been cut and will get made this week.

I have been to their factory back in October and bought a 1930's half-belt which was a good find. Because I work in the office Mon-Fri from 9am-5:30pm and if I want to go to Galashiels I will need to take time off. Wish they could open on Saturday as well :p But at the moment I'm working offshore :(

Right now there usually is someone around Saturdays, if you want to plan a trip when you're back on dry land drop me a line.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Mmmm. Thats Great, but what about those who have been patiently waiting ages for their A-2 due to the backlogs..... :eusa_doh:

This is a limited order, while Christine who has just returned is getting back on track with her sewing. Once she's ready to work on all A-2 styles and back up to speed, this offer for immediate delivery will no longer be available.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Would be good to hear if they are actually ready to be shipped. Thanks.

The demand has been much higher than we'd anticipated. There are many ready to go, but some styles/sizes are coming in which aren't done yet, so we're lining these up for Christine next as soon as the orders are in.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The demand has been much higher than we'd anticipated. There are many ready to go, but some styles/sizes are coming in which aren't done yet, so we're lining these up for Christine next as soon as the orders are in.

I have noticed that a few of the jackets on your sale page's sleeve and body length are noted. I think this is a good idea for the entire sale line! Not sure how many emails you receive from potential customers inquiring about dimensions, but on the sale page this might save you from having to reply to those emails.

Brettafett

One Too Many
This is a limited order, while Christine who has just returned is getting back on track with her sewing. Once she's ready to work on all A-2 styles and back up to speed, this offer for immediate delivery will no longer be available.
Mmmm. OK.
Holly... Could you tell me, what are the full measurements of this std size 40" bronco A-2 on your sale page?
Incl windflap and/or zipper length....?[huh]
And, what is the length of your cuffs? 2.5"

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=1256

Thanks

Last edited:

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My second purchase from Aero for the past three months. If wasn't for the "ready to ship", I'd have waited until Summer 2013 to order an Aero A-2.

Last edited:

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Holly, I know you guys are busy so I did not email you with questions about delivery time and chose to wait but in the meantime also trying to incite the guys to go and take a look.:D I just got the notification that mine was shipped today. Thanks again.

Last edited:

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Mmmm. OK.
Holly... Could you tell me, what are the full measurements of this std size 40" bronco A-2 on your sale page?
Incl windflap and/or zipper length....?[huh]
And, what is the length of your cuffs? 2.5"

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=1256

Thanks

I've sent your request to Rachel, at the moment I'm still almost a day behind with emails so any measurement requests are best sent direct to her - rachel@aeroleatherclothing.com.

We're going to be adding these measurements to all future sale/vintage items, as there are MANY requests and we don't have time to keep on top of them all right now.

Foster

One of the Regulars
I agree it would be good to place measurements online for the basic sizes of the A2 jackets, I am sure it would save the folks at Aero some time. They just checked size measurements on sleeve and back length for me recently.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
I agree it would be good to place measurements online for the basic sizes of the A2 jackets, I am sure it would save the folks at Aero some time. They just checked size measurements on sleeve and back length for me recently.

The problem with putting measurements of our standard sizes online is we cannot guarantee them to be 100% exact, due to the nature of the materials we use. We're working on putting together sizing charts tho, to make answering these requests much easier.

But from now on, there will be sizing on all one off items, on the sale/used/apprentice/vintage pages!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy