Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero A-2

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Really??

That is a wide jacket with very narrow shoulders. And VERY wide for a size 40.

My Aero ( a 42-15142-P) is 23.5" pit-to-pit, and 20" across shoulders - and is labelled a 44....

Sorry, I think Rachel might have accidentally sent the wrong measurements and I just hit copy and paste. Too busy here, sorry should have checked!

Actual measurements are -

Pit to Pit 41.5"
Sleeve - 25"
Length - 25"

majormajor

One Too Many
Sorry, I think Rachel might have accidentally sent the wrong measurements and I just hit copy and paste. Too busy here, sorry should have checked!

Actual measurements are -

Pit to Pit 41.5"
Sleeve - 25"
Length - 25"

Hi Holly

I guess you meant pit to pit 21.5". That would make it a very nice snug fitting size 40 ;)

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Hi Holly

I guess you meant pit to pit 21.5". That would make it a very nice snug fitting size 40 ;)

I've done it again! Ahhh, my dad handed me the measurements and I just typed them, I think it'll be 41.5 all round the chest. Tho he's written "Chest 43".

Seems my mind has clocked off for Christmas.

FAFOO68

Familiar Face
Hello,
I had an Aero Bronco A2 in size 40 (that i exchanged for a 42-142 p) and it's a trim fit jacket.
The measurements were :
Pit to pit : 21,75
Shoulders (across back) : 17,51
Back lenght (without waistband) : 22,02
Sleeve lenght (witout knit) : 21,85

Hope that's help.
Cheers,
F68

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Boxing day. The Quartermaster issue. The jacket arrived on 24th just opened it here after midnight on the 26th. LOL.
WP_000131_zps567f6864.jpg

majormajor

One Too Many
Boxing day. The Quartermaster issue. The jacket arrived on 24th just opened it here after midnight on the 26th. LOL.
WP_000131_zps567f6864.jpg

Nice jacket, and a good fit.

The colour balance of the pic looks pretty skewed towards red.

Would you say the colour of the leather is accurate in the pic?:D

Blackadder

My phone's camera is only 5MP. While it looks ok on the phone screen, the resolution sucks when enlarged. The colour looks right but is of a rather low resolution (has kind of a yellow tint when viewed on my laptop screen).
The pillow is red satin and yet it does not look bright in the photo.:D
WP_000125_zps142903a6.jpg

WP_000112_zps1fd7efb2.jpg

Last edited:

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I don't get the whole pit to pit thang. I think it's usually your chest size plus four inches. So if you have a 40' chest, the pit to pit is 22. A tailor measured my chest and said it was 39". Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I just got a new LW A2 and it's a 40 and the pit to pit measures 23"! And I don't think it's too large because I tried on a 38 and it hurt my armpits and the new 40 is hardly too roomy in that area. A lot of times I see guys in really tight A2s and wonder how it fits in the armholes. A pic of the 38 and the 40 attached

Photoon2012-12-14at1658.jpg

Whereitpinches.jpg

Last edited:

Blackadder

My size 34 LW Dubow. You can see the difference despite both being size 34.
image_zpsff4773ca.jpg

image1_zps945d2120.jpg

WP_000145_zps0762d29d.jpg

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I don't get the whole pit to pit thing. I think it's usually your chest size plus four inches. So if you have a 40' chest, the pit to pit is 22. A tailor measured my chest and said it was 39". Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I just got a new LW A2 and it's a 40 and the pit to pit measures 23"! And I don't think it's too large because I tried on a 38 and it hurt my armpits and the new 40 is hardly too roomy in that area. A lot of times I see guys in really tight A2s and wonder how it fits in the armholes. A pic of the 38 and the 40 attached

Whereitpinches.jpg

Vespizzare, I think that 6-7" of clearance between chest and p/p measurements sounds about right. Very uncomfortable to have a jacket bind in the chest and shoulders. One can always layer or wear a heavy flannel shirt to make the jacket smaller but cannot make the jacket (or shoes) larger. Too small/tight simply does not get worn and is sooner than later discarded.

Blackadder

Vespizzare, I think that 6-7" of clearance between chest and p/p measurements sounds about right. Very uncomfortable to have a jacket bind in the chest and shoulders. One can always layer or wear a heavy flannel shirt to make the jacket smaller but cannot make the jacket (or shoes) larger. Too small/tight simply does not get worn and is sooner than later discarded.
I kind of agree. For me though, I have 4 A-2s all different fit. I can wear tight fit jeans and T-shirt with the Aero, loose khaki pants and heavy sweater with the LW, long sleeves shirts and jeans with the BK. That's why I bought 4 ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24