Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Bootlegger v. 2.0 CXL Brown

Can you give my some advise about the sizing of the Bootlegger. How is the fit compared to other Aero jackets as a Premier 1930 Half Belt. And what is the difference in sizing with a STF Bootlegger ? ProteinNerd didn’t you have a STF Bootlegger and what size did you choose?
Thanks.
I can't speak to the STF or premier fits but I can tell you this size 40" BL fits like my 42" 30's HB and a touch larger than my 42" CR's.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Can you give my some advise about the sizing of the Bootlegger. How is the fit compared to other Aero jackets as a Premier 1930 Half Belt. And what is the difference in sizing with a STF Bootlegger ? ProteinNerd didn’t you have a STF Bootlegger and what size did you choose?
Thanks.

How depressing, I actually had to go and get it out of storage it’s so not jacket weather here....

Mine is a size 38 STF Bootlegger
Pit to Pit is 21.5
Shoulder is 18
Waist is about 19

So its much wider in the shoulders than a typical premier fit jacket, a 40 premier fit is closer to 17.75 inches!

Insomnia

One of the Regulars
89F4F374-F590-4969-83C6-CEA55F51BA07.jpeg Thank you both. I’m planing to go with the STF Bootlegger. ProteinNerd your measurements sounds great, I had to speak to Holly because I thought that i need a size 40 to get those measurements. The idea is a jacket like this.

Rich22

Practically Family
What a brilliant jacket! Somehow i’d never looked at the bootlegger before and thought “I must own that”, but with the modifications it looks a much more appealing item. What does it look like buttoned up at the top? I like the look of the extra flap on the collar- just curious if it’s also functional in any way. Was this HH or steer leather? I got to the end of the thread and cant remember now! haha!

Rich22

Practically Family
Is this one of those things where if you don’t specify if leather is HH or steer it is automatically one or the other? Hmm

Rich22

Practically Family
Or perhaps I should know that such jackets are never done up to the top, and extra button flaps are purely decorative? Colour me confused. Was mainly just paying the jacket a compliment...

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Is this one of those things where if you don’t specify if leather is HH or steer it is automatically one or the other? Hmm

"despite the heavy steer, it's remarkably easy to wear."
I think his original Bootlegger was HH.

The upper lapel button is mostly decorative, and a royal PIA to use.
Can't imagine the throat latch being more fun, but i don't have one on mine.
(the one on my Freewheelers LaBrea works great, but it has a snap button)

Rich22

Practically Family
Looked back through the thread and pleased to see I wasn’t the only one that missed the steer reference :D it looks like FQHH... I had samples of both sent to me and that doesn’t look like the steer sample (which didn’t look nice) and just like the amazing looking HH

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
I had samples of both sent to me and that doesn’t look like the steer sample (which didn’t look nice)
Could I ask you to specify this please? What exactly do you mean?
I'm confused reading above - 'cause Aero's CXL steer is usually looks superb to me (both - visually and tactilely) and to me it's a hard question - which CXL leather is actually the best. I mean - HH or Steer. Who knows... I love both))

Looked back through the thread and pleased to see I wasn’t the only one that missed the steer reference :D it looks like FQHH... I had samples of both sent to me and that doesn’t look like the steer sample (which didn’t look nice) and just like the amazing looking HH
Sorry rich. This jacket was steer and the chin strap could in fact be done up to the top. This Aero is one I could've used for riding. The shoulder gussets were frantically functional.

"despite the heavy steer, it's remarkably easy to wear."
I think his original Bootlegger was HH.

The upper lapel button is mostly decorative, and a royal PIA to use.
Can't imagine the throat latch being more fun, but i don't have one on mine.
(the one on my Freewheelers LaBrea works great, but it has a snap button)
I'd say it was functional but not practical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner