Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Pioneer in Kudu

wild_balls

Practically Family
Had my eyes on that one, too slow! Looks even better when I see it on a person, beautiful jacket great fit!
Had kudu on my plate once, tasted good!

Cheers Joakim

Tony B

One of the Regulars
Cracking jacket and it couldn't fit any better if it had been made for you but just one word of advice, speaking from experience, if it is like deerskin NEVER leave it on a hanger for any length of time, always lay it down somewhere or the shoulders can stretch out of shape.

People say that about other leathers but deerskin is really bad for that, the stretch gets pulled out to the max and just stays stretched and wont pull back.

Regards Tony

Rockin' Dog

New in Town
What a great pick, Cooperson!

Perfect fit on you, great looking leather and I love the seam lines on it.
...its the Mutts Nuts & The Cat's Meow!
If I hadn't bought a LHB last year, I'd be certainly looking at one of these...though if I recall ...weren't they only available in smaller sizes?

Enjoy!

Cooperson

One Too Many
Thanks guys and thanks for the tip on the stretching hide Tony. I know Kudu is an Antelope but I guess it must be similar to deer, just a big old rough looking one - I'll keep it off the hanger just to be on the safe side.

Rockin'Dog - Don't know about the sizes available, but as the Pioneer pattern uses more but smaller panels I don't see why see why large sizes couldn't be made.

InsOma

New in Town
Great looking jacket, and I agree with the others, it looks like it was made for you! As you know from the thread I started, I'm beginning to be in the market for an "alternative" hide for my next jacket, and the kudu looks really nice, but I don't know if I want another really "heavy" leather. How would you compare it, weight-wise, to kudu or deer?

Cooperson

One Too Many
I've never owned deerskin so can't compare. Although the kudu has some heft to it, it doesn't feel heavy when wearing it - probably due the softness and the way it drapes. Heavy front quarter horse is my favourite hide, but it can feel like wearing a suitcase particularly when a jacket is new. Kudu is a very nice alternative if you fancy a complete change.

wdw

One Too Many
Insoma, Aero have said the kudu won't work on longer jackets due to the size of the panels, so you'll need to choose from goat, mid-weight horse or something else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo