Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New AL Roadster in FQHH Havana Brown

cuchulain

Familiar Face
I've been looking at Aero/AL/Lost Worlds etc... jackets but I wasn't willing to pay $1,000 for a leather jacket. But looking online I came across this Alexander Leather's Roadster FQHH in Havana Brown. It's new without any break-in or creasing once delivered to me. The only issue was it was missing a snap on an inside pocket and some stitching on the other inside pocket was slightly off. I may fix this one day but probably not, I don't really care the pockets work fine and the rest of the coat is mint and I got it for only $400 which I feel was a steal.

This is a size 40 and I think the fit is pretty spot on, the jacket is stiff as anything though, not very comfortable to wear at all, not sure I can deal with that for a long time, it feels like a straight jacket.

Anyway, comments on fit are welcome, I'm not sure if it's a hair short. Thanks

k7QDAKE.jpg
nYJ514s.jpg
6YluIVC.jpg
9yEewXs.jpg

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Good score! The length looks ok? It's up to you, your the dude wearing it. Some folks here wear them shorter than others, but that looks good to me. The sleeves and shoulders look good too. For $400...laughing all the way to the pub. It will soften up plenty, just wear the hell out of it. Congratulations mate.

cuchulain

Familiar Face
Looking closer the jacket is a good inch to inch and half below my belt line so the length is good to go, any "shortness" of the jacket can probably be attributed to the "shortness" of the wearer, I'm 5'9 so no matter what it's just not going to look like it would on a guy 6'3.

Now I just have to break this thing in...

Looking closer the jacket is a good inch to inch and half below my belt line so the length is good to go, any "shortness" of the jacket can probably be attributed to the "shortness" of the wearer, I'm 5'9 so no matter what it's just not going to look like it would on a guy 6'3.

Now I just have to break this thing in...
That's the joy of it. It's not made to drape out of the box. Wear it often and in all conditions. In no time it will feel like a second skin and will mold and fit you like nothing you've ever owned!

Cooperson

One Too Many
As others have said, fit is spot on for that style of jacket. There are ways to accelerate the break in process, if you want to go down that route, otherwise just wear it every chance you can.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
That was a very good buy and fits well IMO.

It’ll break in quite quickly with wear. I always wear a new heavy leather jacket around the house and lounge around in for a couple of days. It’s usually like a suit of armour at first and sometimes with a looser coat you can sit down on a sofa in it while it’s still trying to stand up. But if you sit on it on the sofa for couple of weeks moving its position and rolling it up in different ways you'll find that the combination of body heat and your weight softens it well. Also driving in it is very good for breaking it in. You can get it wet and wear it until dry and that will bring the grain out and soften it. But personally I think that changes the nature of the hide and what I do is more like normal wear. However each to his own...

That’s the Horween chrome tanned HH I think and judging by some swatches I’ve had it is quite stiff at first but it softens well with some hand rolling.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
The fit is perfect imho. Great jacket, real bargain! It's obviously a Aero HWM knock-off, but for what I am concerned, there are dozens of brands, expensive and cheap who do their version of this style and since AL/SB re-worked the Roadster pattern a while ago, it is not a theft of the design anymore but just another interpretation out of the many out there in my eyes.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Very nice jacket and perfect fit.

If you want to speed up break in, try to wear it in the rain and then let it dry while wearing it.
Or if you don't feel like going in the rain, just use a spray bottle to spray yourself all over then let it dry on you.

Do that a few times, moving around while it's drying and it should fit like a glove.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran