Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Belstaff Patterson Halfbelt

Cole

One of the Regulars
To break up the rutine of the usual suspects in this place, when it comes to jacket manufacturers, here are some fit pics of my newly aquired Belstaff Patterson jacket.

I didn't pay the full retail price, so the money for value diskussion I've seen here sometimes when it is up to Belstaff jackets can be avoided. ;)

pat9.jpg
pat10.jpg

pat11.jpg
pat12.jpg

pat13.jpg
pat15.jpg

pat14.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Nice colour, and the fit is on the nail. Beware of the badges, though. When I was vaguely tempted by one of their jackets, I spoke to one of their shop staff, and she said there had been a problem with the older badges snapping, potentially damaging the leather - they've now changed it to a less breakable material.

wdw

One Too Many
Looks very good on you. Is that their "summer-weight" leather?

What I like about Belstaff is that the sleeves are always a good long length, although they notoriously undersize the chest by one or even two sizes.

Cole

One of the Regulars
I think it is the summer weight, but I am not certain. It is a thinner, lighter leather then the Panther I had from them.

I agree on the sleeves, they allways have a good length, which is important to me, bcause I'm build a little bit more on the gorilla side of things and have long arms.

The rest of Belstaff's sizeing is all over the place. I had jackets from L to XXL fit me well, which makes it extremly hard to buy one on the secondary market, because you never know what you end up with.

wdw

One Too Many
I had two Mediums and two Larges, with one of the Mediums being the largest of all and a Large being the smallest of all.

If it's thinner than the Panther, then it'll be the summer weight. Also, the summer weight tends to have a satin lining as opposed to the cotton tartan.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Good looking jacket, nothing wrong that I can see. I do like the shade of the leather a LOT! Really makes the jacket kinda unique. I am NOT a badge or outside lable guy though. I've the same problem with Vanson products as well. If I'm paying that much money for your product and you expect me to advertise for you to boot? Ah don't think so!!!

Worf

Last edited:
Looks good,Cole!
Unique. I like unique..if it doesn't dip into the runway fashionista phaze..as this jacket doesn't. Looks a good style with charactor. Of course the great fit seals the deal.
Congrats
HD

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Nice pattern, good fit. Pity about that badge. If it were mine I'd want that gone. How is it mounted to the leather?

IXL

One Too Many
I like the jacket! I also like the badge and don't think it detracts from the jacket at all. I do,however, think the tree needs just a bit more pruning. :)

JanSolo

Practically Family
Good fit there, Cole. I like the colour, too. Also quite a clean design from Belstaff...some of the recent stuff is a horrible mash up of all sorts of details you find on very different vintage jackets. Yours is good! I'd say your weight has dropped by at least 6-7 pounds. Am I right?

Cole

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the compliments guys. :)

I had two Mediums and two Larges, with one of the Mediums being the largest of all and a Large being the smallest of all.

If it's thinner than the Panther, then it'll be the summer weight. Also, the summer weight tends to have a satin lining as opposed to the cotton tartan.

I know what you mean. My largest Bellstaff is the Black Label M-Blouson in size L, which leaves plenty of room for layering, even with the zip in liner still in the jacket.

This one has the tartan liner, so I guess it could be a winter version, even if it is not a warm jacket.

pat8.jpg

You dropped a few pounds?

I'd say your weight has dropped by at least 6-7 pounds. Am I right?

More like 20 pounds in the last 6 month. But I'm working on geting a few of them back. Some of my jackets grew a tad big on me. :D

... Also quite a clean design from Belstaff...some of the recent stuff is a horrible mash up of all sorts of details you find on very different vintage jackets.

I agree. Since the Labelux takeover things have gone terribly wrong with Belstaff concerning the desingns and the priceing. There are quite some Belstaff jackets from the Malenotti era that I like very much and would buy instantly, if I could get my hands on them in my size and had the funds. But the new high fashion luxury direction they've taken does not appeal to me. Just look what they did to the Racing Blouson, which was a very nice jacket. Just horrible. :eusa_doh:

majormajor

One Too Many
Maybe I'm just used to Aero, but it just looks a little lightweight for me.

Great fit, though;)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the compliments guys. :)

I agree. Since the Labelux takeover things have gone terribly wrong with Belstaff concerning the desingns and the priceing. There are quite some Belstaff jackets from the Malenotti era that I like very much and would buy instantly, if I could get my hands on them in my size and had the funds. But the new high fashion luxury direction they've taken does not appeal to me. Just look what they did to the Racing Blouson, which was a very nice jacket. Just horrible. :eusa_doh:

Their crocodile hide one is particularly horrible. Ewan McGregor wears one in an ad, and you can see him cringing slightly. It's so vulgarly bling that even P Diddy would turn it down on the grounds of it being 'a bit too much'.

AtlantaSpike

Familiar Face
I have a lot of their technical motorcycle gear, and found it to be first rate quality. I can only imagine the leather goods are the same - looks great.

Silverpoint

New in Town
I'll second that point Atlantaspike. In my estimation, their motorcycle products are extremely nice. I ride in a couple of their jackets- a Montana, and a Snetterton. Have bought a few other bike jackets over the years, but none compare. And best of all, they are a breath of fresh air style wise. Far too many companies make endless versions of a cafe or Marlon Brando.

But it is looking increasingly like Belstaff are leaving this segment behind in their quest for exclusive high fashion.

And Cole- think you have nailed it here. Very nice!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'll second that point Atlantaspike. In my estimation, their motorcycle products are extremely nice. I ride in a couple of their jackets- a Montana, and a Snetterton. Have bought a few other bike jackets over the years, but none compare. And best of all, they are a breath of fresh air style wise. Far too many companies make endless versions of a cafe or Marlon Brando.

But it is looking increasingly like Belstaff are leaving this segment behind in their quest for exclusive high fashion.

And Cole- think you have nailed it here. Very nice!

I've heard a few people who really know their stuff, referring to their leather as 'being like tissue paper'. Compared to other high street stuff, it is better than the likes of Boss and whatnot, but charging £1,200 for one of their jackets, not steer, horse, goat or anything interesting, is enough to give me a nose bleed. I know it's not 'bad' quality - and I'm only talking about their fashion stuff here - but with the new design, the huge, city centre flag ship stores and their carpet bombing advertising campaign, you have to wonder where you stop paying for the jacket and start paying for their 'other stuff'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner