Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Good Wear Ventura...

I love it how somehow refreshing the screen behind the information of scorching heat looks. 89f here today, 90f tomorrow, 91f day after tomorrow... Just when I was getting my hopes of surviving this summer up. Oh well, it was great knowing you guys. XD

This is the worst time of year. Fall commercials. Fall clothing on tv. Football starting. And hideous temps.
This more than usual. I wish I was a Parrot Head. It would make more sense here.

You ain't kidding (fellow So Cal resident).

Ironically, I live desert adjacent, but my wardrope is much more suited to a mountain climate.

Same here Supe. In fact, every time I look in my closet, I wonder why my wife hasn't put me in the home. I know my roots are in the colder, northern climes, so I guess I'm just "prepping" for the day when we go.

I just never ever enjoyed heat sans the years I spent doing lots of SCUBA diving and getting out in the sun after cold dives was great. Other than that, you can keep it! And since I came from Montana, lived in Chicago during the nasty 60's and grew up in Central PA, I know cold, and lived cold and do in fact enjoy cold! ;)

I'm anxious too. I've got the Ventura pics and my new GW Perry to model.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Ahhhh poor diddums.... It too hot for you out dere? (Worf laughs and ducks away from thrown chicken!) Actually I feel for you bro. In the winter (and we had a doozey last year) you can ALWAYS get warm even if it means choppin' wood or snowshoeing... When it's hot it's just HOT. Triple digits ain't no fun nor no picnic. I'd tell you what it was here today (78 and sunny) but it'd just make you mad and I need all the friends I can get (or bribe). You're always welcome to come east where de ground don't shake, the mud don't slide, de forest don't burn (usually) and the natives are friendly (mostly)....

Worf

technovox

One Too Many
It's been over 100º for over a week. Right now at my house, 104º. So, excuuuuuuuse me if I don't take jacket pics!~ :rofl:

I feel for you. I grew up in SoCal, and every time I go down there, it just seems to get hotter.
But not all California is burning up. Right now I'm watching a thick fog roll into San Francisco...a very welcome sight after our little heat wave. Might be cold enough to break out the Aero tomorrow ;)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It is funny how the first flickers of autumn start now, though. Looking from the back bedroom window of my parents, I can see the leaves on a horse chestnut just starting to turn red.

Everything is dead here. Draught has done it's job and we're not allowed to water much. Removed the lawn a few years back, but the trees, etc. are in rough shape...no postcards from here...but we might get some rain this fall - or so they "predict"...
Bite me Sloanie... :p

Ahhhh poor diddums.... It too hot for you out dere? (Worf laughs and ducks away from thrown chicken!) Actually I feel for you bro. In the winter (and we had a doozey last year) you can ALWAYS get warm even if it means choppin' wood or snowshoeing... When it's hot it's just HOT. Triple digits ain't no fun nor no picnic. I'd tell you what it was here today (78 and sunny) but it'd just make you mad and I need all the friends I can get (or bribe). You're always welcome to come east where de ground don't shake, the mud don't slide, de forest don't burn (usually) and the natives are friendly (mostly)....

Worf

I know you cats had a rough winter - I was back helping Mom in PA...I was the only one on the block who got up and seemed to enjoy shoveling...for a couple days anyway. I do love my cold. You can always warm up, but in the heat, you just shrivel.

I love Fall. The anticipation of it is also good as I spend the Sunday night hour watching "Ice Road Truckers". It seems to come on just when the temps here are unbearable. Gives me some twisted sense of relief.

I imagine that if I came out for a visit, we may get into trouble. We could drive a piece and pickup HD and go on an old man leather jacket gang ride :lol:

jon11

A-List Customer
do we ever get a climate suitable for leather jackets, you USA guys it too hot for them, and here in Ireland its too cold and wet, lol in saying that Butte, what a fantastic jacket, sorry i am a bit slow catching up on posts.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Both are VERY welcome. I'm curious to see how the patina develops but also how the fit changes with wear. No hurry, as you see in the post I have plenty of time!

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
I'm about 7 months away from my due date and I'm thinking of changing my order to a Ventura. Butte, could you post some updated pics if possible?
Anyone heard what the current lead time is? I'll be back in the US at around my 22 month's date, i put my order in 53 weeks ago. Currently leaning towards a black Arcadia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland