Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Good Wear Ventura...

Awesome. Hope or turns out like you're dreaming of. I'm thinking of asking John if he'd do a two-tone. It would have to be very slight, and could be a disaster if not thought out well. I also have a thing for the new steer hide.
What color/hide did you decide on? Liner?

Oh crap. I see a possible surprise family intervention nearing. Psychologists..Priests..and voodooists all gathered in a little motel room chanting over a poor man tied to a bed draped in all matter of leather hides screaming for..'just one more'...while levitating to break in the newest HH :p

Oh crap. I see a possible surprise family intervention nearing. Psychologists..Priests..and voodooists all gathered in a little motel room chanting over a poor man tied to a bed draped in all matter of leather hides screaming for..'just one more'...while levitating to break in the newest HH :p
So true HD! I was thinking yesterday, I could live with this one jacket nicely. I mean, I love so many designs and hides, but this one just drives me nuts when I put it on. I kinda want to get another one in another hide/color. It's like when I got my first Schwinn bike as a kid. It's that good.

schitzo

Suspended

lol

It could happen! But seriously, It'll be interesting to see how you feel about this verntura in a.year's time. If yo're bored of it then we know it's definitely an illness, and that you are a sick sick man!

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
I just checked for an update on my Goodwear. Now it won't arrive until at least next "fall". That'll be at least 18 months! People change in that time.

Apparently there are 50 jackets in front of me. John must be getting on for as many orders as Aero, and he's one guy.

SJ

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Plus..He has to have some family time/time for other interests. He is just one guy.

As a point of reference for a newb... how long, from start to finish does it take J.C. to make one jacket? also does he only work on one at a time or could he have two or three going at once?
Any opinions on who's the next Goodwear, there certainly seems to be a market for great handmade jackets.

As a point of reference for a newb... how long, from start to finish does it take J.C. to make one jacket? also does he only work on one at a time or could he have two or three going at once? Any opinions on who's the next Goodwear, there certainly seems to be a market for great handmade jackets.
Depending on the model, I believe it can be 2+ days. When you see one you'll know why. Ventura: $4500. PM me lol

You ain't gonna sell it. Who you trying to kid? You'd feel naked before you could get it in the shipping box..and tear up like a lost big baby before even thinking about taping it up. This one's different....
I honestly thought "what would I do if..." and I gotta say, I might offer John $1500 to let me jump in line, spend $1500 on a jacket, then have $1000 left for the next order. How's that? :)I wouldn't sell it. It's not going in any boxes! Not even if Worf cuts down to a 48. lol

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I honestly thought "what would I do if..." and I gotta say, I might offer John $1500 to let me jump in line, spend $1500 on a jacket, then have $1000 left for the next order. How's that? :)I wouldn't sell it. It's not going in any boxes! Not even if Worf cuts down to a 48. lol

Hold on a sec buddy... I'm a nifty 50 now... next stop the great 48. You've been warned. But if I get that small a whole new world would open up... a world I can't afford... not until butt-munch is outta college or gainfully employed.

Arrgh....

Worf

Hold on a sec buddy... I'm a nifty 50 now... next stop the great 48. You've been warned. But if I get that small a whole new world would open up... a world I can't afford... not until butt-munch is outta college or gainfully employed.Arrgh....Worf
Yeah, I should be paying for kid's edumacations but jackets are so much more fun lolI did feed them all for a few years though so no guilt here.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Im really happy for you, it must be a wonderful feeling.
It really looks like a perfect fit, but you know this already.

What I like the most is the contrast stitching, the lining and offcourse the total look and style of the jacket.

Im not a fan of the straps on the cuffs tho, I guess it will look cool in a coupple of years, but right now they look odd to me (I know they are accurate, but still)

The stitching does look perfect.

I tried to read the whole thread, but didnt find the info: how thick is the hide and how is the weight of the jacket compared to Aero fqhh?

Thanks Griff. 1.1-1.2mm thick. It's a tad thicker than the previous black hide one I tried. I'd say mid weight. Perfect. I can weigh it later for you...
It's not my Aero FQHH HBD lol. That thing is like 10 lbs.
The straps I almost asked to be left off. I am extremely glad I didn't. They are looking really cool, and don't get in the way at all. The jacket I must say is...perfect. I couldn't do anything better.
If I made another, I'd do black and a crazy liner - assuming John would go for it. Something biker appropriate like black/white checkerboard or the like.
I try to find flaws or things I don't like. Can't do it.

pauleway

Practically Family
Thanks Griff. 1.1-1.2mm thick. It's a tad thicker than the previous black hide one I tried. I'd say mid weight. Perfect. I can weigh it later for you...
It's not my Aero FQHH HBD lol. That thing is like 10 lbs.
The straps I almost asked to be left off. I am extremely glad I didn't. They are looking really cool, and don't get in the way at all. The jacket I must say is...perfect. I couldn't do anything better.
If I made another, I'd do black and a crazy liner - assuming John would go for it. Something biker appropriate like black/white checkerboard or the like.
I try to find flaws or things I don't like. Can't do it.

The sleeve straps are really nice (check Seabiscuit movie) and period correct. I'd like to see some better pics of lining, very nice also. If you get another one you should consider a 2-tone. I just got one from Aero (got pics ready-will post soon) and it is really a great looking jacket!

bretron

Call Me a Cab
If we don't end this habit soon we all will be bachelors on crack and horsehide!

That is too true:D I am at the point of being broke, and have no desire to sell off my last couple jackets. Soo the three inbound ones are gonna have to do for a long damn time! My wife agrees :lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred