Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Grey Akubra Federation

Dick Tracy

New in Town
I have three Feds: carbon gray, tawny fawn, and mid brown. They have all been true to size. And in comparison to the new Stetson's I own, they out perform them in every way. Good hat, especially, for the price.

CasaBlancaChuck

Familiar Face
Atomic Glee...you inspired me to order the grey Federation (it doesn't take much to nudge me over the edge for another hat)...my 3rd Federation and 4th Hatsdirect...Got to get ready for winter...

collarmelton

New in Town
Akubra Fed fit

Deb, at Hats Direct, was most emphatic about erring on the larger side with respect to my black Federation, which I bought several months ago. In fact, she insisted that I confirm my head size (57) before she would ship the hat. While my measurement still worked out to a 57 in the Fed, it was a large and loose 57, in comparison to other brands. Her advice was sound, though, as is Jake Fink's, above, because after a month, the hat had magically shrunk/conformed to my head and is now in no way too large.

Michaelson

One Too Many
My standard practice has been to supply Ron with my exact head measurement. Ron has then measured his hats until he found one that fit my head.

Hasn't failed me yet!:)

Regards! Michaelson

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Re: Fed sizes

I realize now that I actually ordered my fed a size too large (60 cm rather than 59) & I think they tend to run a skosh large anyway......-long story short- I wet the sweat, placed it on a lampshade w/ a 60 watt bulb & within an hour I had a PERFECTLY fitting hat with the coveted reverse taper than some (mostly on COW) strive for their every waking hour :D ...my .02

carebear

Is the ribbon black or a darker grey? I'd kind of like to avoid black to go with my brown shoes/belts. For whatever reason I feel like the ribbon should match or be neutral.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
carebear said:
Is the ribbon black or a darker grey? I'd kind of like to avoid black to go with my brown shoes/belts. For whatever reason I feel like the ribbon should match or be neutral.

The ribbon is, I believe, a darker grey - but don't hold me to that just yet, because I don't have it in front of me. Later on when I get a chance, I'll check for sure.

carebear

Okay Atomic,

it's been a week and I'm not a patient man....:rage:

Just kidding. :D

Did you get a verdict on the band, whether it's black or grey?

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
carebear said:
Okay Atomic,

it's been a week and I'm not a patient man....:rage:

Just kidding. :D

Did you get a verdict on the band, whether it's black or grey?

Ah! Sorry about that. I get busy and then forget to do things (see also, sending my letters in the FL correspondance project). I'll be heading home for lunch, so I'll report back then.

MJL

One of the Regulars
Nice thread. Can someone please comment on the shipping charges for these hats from Australia to the USA? I have been thinking about getting one but I am put off by the thought of the HUGE shipping.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Sorry for the other delay, folks - something bad and hurtful happened to me today, which I really shouldn't get in to here, but it's been distracting me.

The ribbon on the grey Fed looks black to me, but it could just be a really, really dark grey. It's kind of hard to tell, but I'll go with black for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany