Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New GW A2 Monarch

Just received my new GW Monarch.
Here are a couple of early pictures;

As usual, a great GW A2 with all the "vintage vibe" one could hope for.
John has my measurements nailed.

This is the same hide and knits as he used on the jacket he recently had for sale on the GW web site that he had made for a movie production....but without the leather "aging".

http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/sale_monarch_0004.html

I was already familiar with this hide, owning another jacket made from the same.
Turned out just as I was hoping.

Last edited:
Wow - killer A-2 Jeff! Glad you got something for all of your patience this year. Of course, to say it's a gorgeous jacket is stating the obvious. I like that hide, and actually, the Monarch pattern looks great. Those new knits are also a great color/contrast. Look forward to some modeling shots. Congrats. Always worth the wait! :eusa_clap

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic looking jacket. Now we need to see more pics with your wearing the Monarch!

saucerfiend

Practically Family
Jeff,

Beautiful jacket! Can't wait to see the wearing pics. Nice choice of hide color. My Monarch is a seal as well. Enjoy it!

Brian

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Great, great looking jacket, and incredibly accurate - you thoroughly deserve to get the absolutely best jacket JC could make you - and the gold knits go beautifully with the hide. Fit pics!!!:D

Well, that one was worth waiting for pal. Nothing like getting a beauty like that in the mail, then getting to wear it. Nice that the weather is now perfect too. I bet that hide will look the biz after some wear. I've seen some of JC's wear pics and they just get better and better.
In fact, I pulled out the Ventura this AM and began wearing it. Already looks better than the first pics taken at the beginning of the year. Well done. Add the Monarch to the sharp-fitting contracts.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Great pictures and great fit. You may not look like Brad Pitt, but you look a helluva lot more like him than I do! Killer jacket though. :D :thumb:

Thanks Fanch.
John has my measurements and how I like my A2's down to perfection.
I tend to be broad across the back chest and shoulders, need a bit of extra room there.
Medium wasted.
Relatively short armed and torso'd for a "standard" size 44/46.
Like a medium length on the torso...don't like tunneling of the sleeves but want them long enough to not pull up when reaching forward.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, I am also a size 44/46 in a contract A-2 but unlike you have very long arms and somewhat short torso in relation to my height of 6'1" and change. Offhand, I don't see how your fit could be improved on.

andyfalzon

Vendor
Nice jackets.
So, if what it takes to start buying from us is that you guys see Brad Pitt in a BK jacket, then why didn't you say so?
Ask and thou shall receive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic