Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Highwayman

767fo

One of the Regulars
I just took delivery of this highwayman and I am very happy with it. I prefer A2's and vintage style civilian jackets but the Aero Highwayman has been on the wish list for a long time. This is a standard model with a tapered waist. I am very glad I did'nt order the trim sleeves and armholes or I would'nt be able to move. I really cannot get over how thick the FQHH is, but it will be fun trying to break this in:D The two flat shots were sent from Aero and the lining is called Dundas modern light. I hope you all enjoy the pics. Thanks

Front1.jpg

Openfront1.jpg

Back.jpg

Flatfront.jpg

Lining.jpg

oldcrow82

One of the Regulars
767fo, another stunner from aero. I think you chose wisely. The highwayman looks perfect on you. And not just the dimensions. I think the overall profile of the highwayman fits your frame just right!

Wow - looks great! BTW, you look just like my brother - made me do a double-take. Great fit. Did you place your order using accurate numbers on your measurements? Did you ask for any up/down sizing? Just trying to get a grasp on what others have done. Is it numbers-wise what other jackets are that you own? That is, if you're normally a 42, is this a 42?

too much coffee

Practically Family
Great jacket 767fo. To me that looks like a perfect fit. The sleeve length is as it should be also. One of the very best Highwayman I've seen.
Even though the Highwayman has what some call a boxy fit, it just proves that these jackets look best on someone with an in shape physique........and you my friend have it nailed!

Wear it in good health and thank you for posting the pics.

Best regards, coffee

767fo

One of the Regulars
Thank you all for the nice comments. As far as sizing goes other than having the waist tapered Amanda told me these measurements are for a standard Highwayman size 42. The pits are 25.0, shoulders are 20.0, front length is 22.5, back length is 26.0, and the sleeves at my request are 25.0. Most of my jackets are from John at Good Wear Leather and on average the pits are 24.0 to 24.5 and the shoulders range from 19.0 to 19.5 depending on the contract. Will suggested I size up in these areas due to the thick hide and i'm glad he did. Thanks again

Thank you all for the nice comments. As far as sizing goes other than having the waist tapered Amanda told me these measurements are for a standard Highwayman size 42. The pits are 25.0, shoulders are 20.0, front length is 22.5, back length is 26.0, and the sleeves at my request are 25.0. Most of my jackets are from John at Good Wear Leather and on average the pits are 24.0 to 24.5 and the shoulders range from 19.0 to 19.5 depending on the contract. Will suggested I size up in these areas due to the thick hide and i'm glad he did. Thanks again

Great info, thanks! Is 767fo translated into 767 First Officer? Even more ironic as my brother was a pilot too (USMC)

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
I just took delivery of this highwayman and I am very happy with it. I prefer A2's and vintage style civilian jackets but the Aero Highwayman has been on the wish list for a long time. This is a standard model with a tapered waist. I am very glad I did'nt order the trim sleeves and armholes or I would'nt be able to move. I really cannot get over how thick the FQHH is, but it will be fun trying to break this in:D The two flat shots were sent from Aero and the lining is called Dundas modern light. I hope you all enjoy the pics. Thanks

Front1.jpg
Openfront1.jpg

Back.jpg
Flatfront.jpg

Lining.jpg

Which of these do you like the best, the A2s or the Highwayman?
Good Wear (GW)ACME 16160
Acme_16160_1.jpg

Post edited.

A common word which is used when a jacket fits, is "nailing it". John Chapmans work comes up often when talking about "nailing"

Sorry if I seemed obtuse to anyone.

Last edited:

767fo

One of the Regulars
Which of these do you like the best, the A2s or the Highwayman? (Quote from Jaguar66)

The Highwayman is a great jacket and I have always admired the work that Aero does. But my A2's from John at Good Wear are my favorite. What a great hobby:)

Which of these do you like the best, the A2s or the Highwayman? (Quote from Jaguar66)

The Highwayman is a great jacket and I have always admired the work that Aero does. But my A2's from John at Good Wear are my favorite. What a great hobby:)

The ONLY rub I have with A2's, my favorite jacket, is the knits. It's difficult to not be paranoid over moths. I suppose getting new knits isn't a huge deal these days, but it's the Achilles Heel of the G1/A2 for me. Otherwise, until I get my 50's Half Belt Deluxe, the A2 remains on the top.

Jeeze Jag..
..Now you have my head swimming! 'Nailed it' must be our midwestern term for 'no further adjustment needed'...otherwize 'good enough to nail down'. Yes..I suppose 'perfection'. I guess it does relate better here in the heartland where we toil at getting it right..then drink coldbeer. Where the beautiful people on the left coast only 'get nailed' at wine tasting among the movie stars...and,of course,everything is always already perfect...:D
I like both styles of jacket. JC certainly hammers out (?)the best A-2 IMO...and also what looks to be a striking utility jacket as well. Aero just seems to be so unique with their type of HH used for utility jackets..and very accommodating with custom alterations.
Looks to me that 767fo has 'pinned down'(figure out) a perfect fit on every jacket pictured.
Now it's time for a cold longneck.
I just received my new Aero Stuart this morning(that I think Aero..er 'nailed')...so I may just throw down some California red...:whistle:
HD

Last edited:

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hi Jag66;

HD gave an altruistic explanation of the "nailed" word and its use. I concur.

When I used the phrase on page 1 of this post, it was used as a compliment to 767fo relating to the Highwayman itself and also the way it fits him.

Nothing more........nothing less.

Regards, coffee

Windward

Practically Family
OMG - what an amazing collection! - Its so hard to tell which one looks best - but have to admit you wear it all very very well!:eusa_clap

The Highwayman is such a unique utility jacket and with leather waistband and cuffs a perfect / classic design and due to the all leather design probably looks a bit "more valuable". But on the other hand the A-2 - looking at your variations and classic-historical features - also an eye candy.
My favorite is the Aero 38 with stand up collar. Thanks for sharing so many great pics!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails