Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
I'm a Hellcat

Hello! My name is Suzanne and I am a total vintage addict....whew....got that one off my chest. :eusa_clap

I am a 31 year old female from Virginia near the Washington DC area. I am a musician (lead guitar in a female 80s cover band), and budding fashion designer by night..and by day I am an engineer. I have more personality than I know what to do with, so sometimes I feel like I am living a double life!

I have tendency to love all things Gothic. I have been a fan of 1970s UK Punk Scene for years and my thirst for the subcultures eventually brought me to the Rockabilly/Psychobilly Music Scene. That is where I began to really, really get into vintage subculture. But of course, being a gothic personality I like to twist my look to the edgier side, with more extreme hairstyles and clothing. I have always been a fan of subcultures, ever since High School I did my senior research paper on Subculture of the 1960s.

I could probably describe myself as a mix of Mae West, Morticia Addams, Lily Munster, and Marilyn Monroe!!!!! :p

I joined here after lurking hoping to make some new friends who share my OBSESSION for the vintage aesthetic. I have absolutely no one to talk about pin curls and victory rolls with! Also in the future I dream of having a custom vintage reproduction clothing business, and I am embarking on the journey to learn how to manipulate vintage patterns. (I am an avid sewer, make all my clothes) I hope to find some great companions on here!

PS- Inky....I totally think we could be twins..I have tat sleeves and red hair too! LOL

CliffG

One of the Regulars
My name is Cliff

Hi, I am Cliff, I found this place while doing google searches for information on various topics.
I am happy to be a member of this forum.
I do enjoy reading the posts, perhaps I will be able to participate in some what of a knowledgable fashond at one point or another.
Thanks,
Cliff

Bettys Closet

New in Town
Ahoy mateys

;) Hi all.
My name is Renay and I am 23 and writing from Australia.
I was very excited to find the Fedora Lounge ( I have stumbled upon this site SO many times I thought it was about time I Joined!)
The smallish town I live in has about as much culture as a tree stump so I hope this will be a great place to enjoy the bygone era with like minded people.
I feel also that I was born at the wrong time (Or maybe I have lived that life and am now a reincarnation). I adore all things 30's 40's 50's (loving diner dresses, anything with a nautical theme, victory rolls... the list could go on forever)
I work at an engineering firm by day and also I work as a photorapher (I love to photograph beautiful girls and boys). I will be posting photos Asap.
Also I collect vintage sewing patterns and love to sew. I am at the moment creating my own vintage like patterns. practice makes perfect... they are far from it at the moment haha.
Thanks for reading my ramblings. I propose a toast to all of the good conversations to come.
(wow this was quite the essay. time to get back to work)
ta ta
Renay
ox

Evelyn Ellenor

New in Town
Hello!

My name is Evelyn Ellenor (stage name) or just Erin. I'm into Vintage Glamour and I'm also a milliner. I live on the Gold Coast, QLD, Australia and work as a photo editor at a Kids Photographer. I hope to have a proper hat business some day but atm only run it as a hobby due to mortgages and things.
The link to my hat website is in my signature.

I was referred by Last Chael aka Abigail, because I was dying to find a community to help me with all things vintage. I just found an extremely useful link on where to buy vintage style gloves and will get money and buy lots.

XXX

dallastech

New in Town
A New Member

Hello, Fedora Loungers - I am new to the Lounge and wanted to introduce myself and say, Howdy. Hats, I've had a few. One was labled a Texas Brollie by some Aussies - took me forever to figure out what a Brollie was. Westerns have been common to me but I wanted to expaand my horizons. So, I decided to buy a fur felt just off of the trail - of course, I had to hear what Loungers" thought. Thank you one and all. Oh, what happened to my reading? Well, the Three Forks should arrive Thursday and the Banjo on Friday. Ought to make a nice start. Again, Thank you for the well written advice.

McFarlaneNYC

Familiar Face
Hi all.
I am new to the Fedora Lounge, and I really like it so far. Thought it would be good to introduce myself to start. My Name in Charlie, hail from New York City and I am still in high school. I have always been interested in Vintage styles and culture, being raised by my family purely on TCM, TVland, and Stories about my Grandparents life growing up in North Jersey in the 40's and 50's. Only this year did I start to match my interest in 40's and 50's with my wardrobe, though I have been dabbling in vintage photography, collecting, and music ( this is where I branch of from my northern roots, almost only listening to Bob Wills and His Texas playboys) . I am still new to it, but have been a WWII reenactor for three years. Anyhow this place looks great and I am Happy to be here.

Charlie

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
23SkidooWithYou said:
Oh, and a personal note to C-dot...your signature is rather inspirational...I DO need to get my style groove back and that means investing some effort. Also, sister...if you really do go to raid Inky's closet, I'm coming with ya! ;)

That's the effect I wanted ;) Helena Rubenstein was an inspirational lady.

Hop in my car, I'd love to burglarize Inky's closet with you! You've been warned, Inky my dear. lol

PS. Auntie Mame is one of my favourite movies.

Inky

One Too Many
C-dot said:
That's the effect I wanted ;) Helena Rubenstein was an inspirational lady.

Hop in my car, I'd love to burglarize Inky's closet with you! You've been warned, Inky my dear. lol

PS. Auntie Mame is one of my favourite movies.

ya'll are welcome anytime - just bring cookies ;)

navet_confit

New in Town
Hi ladies,
My name is Dominique, and I live in Montreal, Canada. My first language is French, but I'm also fluent in English, although you might notice my grammar and syntax can sometimes be a little awkward.
I've been a vintage enthusiast for about three years now. I used to post regularly on vintagehair (the LJ community), but now my hair is barely two inches long, and ''check out my Jean Seberg-inspired hair'' posts can become a little redundant. I've been lurking on this forum forever, so I'm sorry if I'm too familiar with some of the regular posters. I finally got a non-hotmail email address today, and my first thought was ''I can finally register on the FL!!'' So yeah. That tells you how much time I spent on here, even without an account.
I love styles from the 20s to 60s, but I dress fifties most of the time. Wow, I need to stop rambling. I look forward to getting to know you!

Louise Anne

Suspended
Hi every one Paul back ! I not new here at all, I thought I explain that I changed my email address and unfortunately there was a slight mix up and my account was detected.
That's all in the past, I am back and I am here.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Paul said:
Hi every one Paul back ! I not new here at all, I thought I explain that I changed my email address and unfortunately there was a slight mix up and my account was detected.

OH Paul! Swoon, swoon, triple swoon...your ivory suede Flapper car coat is TDF (to die for). I look forward to seeing more of your collection.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Paul said:

Hooray! We have missed you :)

Let's get that post count back up.

Lenore

Practically Family
Paul said:

Welcome back Paul!!!!!!

Lenore

Practically Family
navet_confit said:
Hi ladies,
My name is Dominique, and I live in Montreal, Canada. My first language is French, but I'm also fluent in English, although you might notice my grammar and syntax can sometimes be a little awkward.
I've been a vintage enthusiast for about three years now. I used to post regularly on vintagehair (the LJ community), but now my hair is barely two inches long, and ''check out my Jean Seberg-inspired hair'' posts can become a little redundant. I've been lurking on this forum forever, so I'm sorry if I'm too familiar with some of the regular posters. I finally got a non-hotmail email address today, and my first thought was ''I can finally register on the FL!!'' So yeah. That tells you how much time I spent on here, even without an account.
I love styles from the 20s to 60s, but I dress fifties most of the time. Wow, I need to stop rambling. I look forward to getting to know you!

Officially, welcome to the boards! I adore your tutorials! My first pin curl set was taken from one!

Vintage*Vixen

New in Town
"How do you do?"

Hello all,

My name is Georgia and I have always felt I was born in the wrong era...probably like many of you. I am an actress from california, and I just came upon this site a few days ago. It is great to have a place to talk about the days of old and learn new hairstyling tricks from the ladies in the powder room. I'm glad to see there are some kindred souls in the world who look upon the golden era as fondly as I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic