Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hiya James, good to see ya'

Where are you in the Great White North? My wife is from Calgary & we hope to settle up that way someday. The loveliest Country I have ever seen. You are very fortunate, my friend. That said, let me get the first Kokanee! :cheers1:

Steveb1

Familiar Face
Deodand said:
Hey,

Just thought I'd introduce myself as a new member :) I figured there is no better way to start posting than to introduce myself.
I don't really know much of what to say, so if you wanna know anything, just ask.

:D

Ha.. Packin Heat beat me to the first question. So Deodand, why don't you tell us about your style preferences since that seems to be the theme around here.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Thought I'd say hy and give ....

.... some info on myself. Have been lurking for about a year now and finally joined. Have been wearing hats for around 40+ years now, mostly western, LBJ style Stetsons and now some of my fathers that I'm getting referbed. (several Peter Bros. from here in Ft. Worth and some Worth-Walden which he got over in Dallas). Bought my first Akubra from David Morgan back in the early '70s and have been a customer ever since. Was a Bushman and I just got my second Bushman this past year ! I currantly own and wear 3 Akubra's and find they are truly one of the BEST hats for the money currently being made IMHO :) Found Panama Bob here and now own 6 of his fantastic Panama's and like DM, I will be a customer of his forever.
Am still currently a sometime Asian/Euro watch collector and have been collecting fountain pens for over 30 years now.
I look forward to engaging in some of the discussions but please understand I am one of the digitaly impaired as far as photography goes so won't be able to post many pics :)

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Been lurking this past year & have finally joined....

.... so I thoughtI'd introduce myself and say hidey ;) . Have worn hat's for over 40 years now ( mostly Stetson LBJ's, I live down here in Texas ya know ;) ) and am in the process of getting a couple of my fathers Peter Bros. hats referbed with them as well as a couple of Worth-Waldens he got over in Dallas 30+ years ago.)
Bought my first Akubra, a Bushman back in the early seventies and just bought another last year. I currently own 3 Akubra's, a Bushman as mentioned ( and the wore out original), a Stylemaster and a Squatter, all bought from David Morgan up in Bothel WA. GREAT, GREAT people to do business with and after being exposed to Panama Bob from this site I now own 6 of his FINE Panama's and rank him alongside DM as the BEST !!
I'm a fountain pen collector, mainly postwar German pens, as well as a vintage Asian watch collection.
I don't own a digital camera ( but 6 Nikon film cameras, all still functioning just fine lol ) so can't do much pic posting but hopefully that will change.
I live in the DFW Metroplex down here in Texas.
Just wanted to say Howdy ya'll lol

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Just wanted to say hi and .....

.... introduce myself. have been lurking most of this year and finally joined last night. Have been wearing hats since the late '60s ( mostly Stetson LBJ's) and have several of my father's Peter Bros. and Worth-Walden's in for referb at Peter Bros. currently). Bought my first Akubra ( a Bushman which is now a yard hat) back in the early 70's from David Morgan and currently have 3 more, a new Bushman, a Squatter and soon to arrive, Stylemaster. After being introduced to Panama Bob here, I now have 6 of his FINE panama's ( 3 Montecristi's and 3 Cuenca's). BTW, IMHO, David Morgan and Panama Bob have to be two of the FINEST folks to buy some really GREAT hats from;) !
I live in the DFW Metroplex part of Texas, (closer to Ft.Worth really) and have 4 grandchildren ;)
More later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925