Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

AtlantaSpike

Familiar Face
Recent sign-on here - Don't wear as much vintage as I did in my younger days (sizing, practicality) but I love the look and general aesthetic of the post deco-pre atomic period (although I enjoy both earlier and later styles too). My collecting passions run towards motorcycles and vintage guitars, but I can be quite the impulse buyer - already picked up an Open Road and an aviator jacket from a couple of the existing members. Lived in Atlanta forever, play a lot of 50's country and 40's jazz music here in town. Looking forward to enjoying what the Lounge has to offer.

Spike

SourdoughSally

New in Town
Greetings from Alaska. :)

I've been enjoying reading this great forum for a while and finally joined in. I love all old things, cars, clothes, styles, furniture, etc.

Looking forward to being a part of this nice community.

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Hello!

I've been here before, but it was a long, long time ago (different user name...couldn't remember any of my sign in info it's been that long!)

Very glad to be back among like-minded folks :)

jedichase

New in Town
Hello everybody,

My name is Chase, I'm 18, and currently reside in Florida. I found the Fedora Lounge via my love of hats and the art deco period. I'm one of a few teenagers these days who love the past, and who wishes he was born 50 years before he actually was (1993). I'm a collector at heart so I have multiple pieces from the 40's. Other hobbies of mine would include loving my Lord Jesus, drawing, being a geek, film, bullwhip cracking, chess, archery, and juggling. My career goal in life is to become an animator for film. This comes from a combination of my love for film and art. Favorite films of mine would be Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Casablanca, the Maltese Falcon, and King Kong (1933). Thanks for reading and letting me be a part of this amazing community.

Miss Sabrina Fairchild

Familiar Face
I stumbled across the forum after doing some research on girdles and then spent the next 5 days reading! So I thought I should probably join. So far I love it. I live in Melbourne. Australia, I am a mum, I love musicals, shoes and all things 40/50's. I haven't worn pants in about a year (pj's excluded) and am always looking for new vintage pieces to wear (or reproduction pieces that are decent quality). Looking forward to getting to know you all and reading more.

Big_Papi_T

New in Town
Greetings everyone!

I've been lurking for a while now, and just realized after posting in "The Powell from Matt Deckard Apparel" thread, that I had never posted an intro. :eusa_doh:

I won't take up too much of your time. I'm really into the Golden Age (late 20's thru 1930's & early 40's), in particular all things gangster/mob & law enforcement related, Film Noir etc; which makes sense as my prior occupation was in the security field (private & homeland). Currently I'm back in school fulltime, working towards a B.A. in the Criminal Justice / Criminal Psychology field of law enforcement (hence my avatar of James Cagney's 'G-Men' poster ;)).

I'm also a big fan of the writings of Dashiell Hammett, as well as films based upon his works, in particular 1941's 'Maltese Falcon' and 'The Thin Man' series, so much so I'm on the waiting list for one of Matt Deckard's Tusk White "Powell" Fedora's! :D
Currently I have a couple of novels (historical fiction) in the works, but far from being complete yet. One day....

I'm also a bit of a history junkie...all kinds, love it! Along with my nephew (who is also on this forum), I use to reenact the War Between the States, & I was a member of the Brigade of the American Revolution. I've had a few articles published in the past on the American Civil War (in Blue & Gray magazine etc) as well as some Highland Scottish related articles on tartan etc in some private genealogical/Scottish clans publications.

I really enjoy visiting this forum, I've learned a lot from it, and I hope one day to contribute in some small way to it.

Thanks for letting me ramble.
Cheers!

Last edited:

MikeBravo

One Too Many
I stumbled across the forum after doing some research on girdles and then spent the next 5 days reading! So I thought I should probably join. So far I love it. I live in Melbourne. Australia, I am a mum, I love musicals, shoes and all things 40/50's. I haven't worn pants in about a year (pj's excluded) and am always looking for new vintage pieces to wear (or reproduction pieces that are decent quality). Looking forward to getting to know you all and reading more.

Nice to meet you, and welcome to the board, it's great to have another Aussie aboard.

I too am a Melburnian. I saw your post in the Melbourne get-together thread and we are overdue for a meetup. Any suggestions are welcome

As for your signature, I love Lucy

Miss Sabrina Fairchild

Familiar Face
Nice to meet you, and welcome to the board, it's great to have another Aussie aboard.

I too am a Melburnian. I saw your post in the Melbourne get-together thread and we are overdue for a meetup. Any suggestions are welcome

As for your signature, I love Lucy

Thanks! I don't get out much so I am not the best for suggesting places (I homeschool my 4 daughters)...but as long as it's close to public transport I can generally make it :)

mr.slick

New in Town
Hi there,

Pretty cool forum you have here! Been lurking around for some time now, finally decided to join.

My name is Brian, i'm 20 years old and i live in the netherlands.

I'm recently got really into the late 20's thru 1930's & early 40's, the whole clothing and furniture style of that time. Been lovin´the cars as long as i remember.
Well, i got nothing more to say :)

See you around!

Cheers.

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
Thanks! I don't get out much so I am not the best for suggesting places (I homeschool my 4 daughters)...but as long as it's close to public transport I can generally make it :)

Go homeschoolers! :D (Home-schooled: Pre-K - 12th)

Greetings everyone!

I won't take up too much of your time. I'm really into the Golden Age (late 20's thru 1930's & early 40's), in particular all things gangster/mob & law enforcement related, Film Noir etc....

I'm also a bit of a history junkie...all kinds, love it! Along with my nephew (who is also on this forum), I use to reenact the War Between the States, & I was a member of the Brigade of the American Revolution. I've had a few articles published in the past on the American Civil War (in Blue & Gray magazine etc) as well as some Highland Scottish related articles on tartan etc in some private genealogical/Scottish clans publications.

I really enjoy visiting this forum, I've learned a lot from it, and I hope one day to contribute in some small way to it.

Thanks for letting me ramble.
Cheers!

BPT, what NW city are you near to? I have a lot of family up that way... maybe someday we can organize a 4th of July "G-man cocktail" or something!

Welcome to the Fedora Lounge everyone! I hope someday we can do as big a meet as "comic-con" but for Fedora Lounge-rs! So many people... at least we can "gather" online from our respective lounge chairs... :p

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
That's awesome...I have to ask (because I am a mum and constantly question every decision I make and because I don't often run into grown ups who were homeschooled) are you glad that you were homeschooled?

Although there are some things I would do differently, my wife and I (she was also a homeschooler! :D ) definitely plan to home-school our kids!

Maybe we should start a home-school thread on here... ;)

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
That's awesome...I have to ask (because I am a mum and constantly question every decision I make and because I don't often run into grown ups who were homeschooled) are you glad that you were homeschooled?

Absolutely! Although there are some things I would do differently, my wife and I (she was also a homeschooler! :D ) definitely plan to home-school our kids!

Maybe we should start a home-school thread on TFL... ;)

Miss Sabrina Fairchild

Familiar Face
Absolutely! Although there are some things I would do differently, my wife and I (she was also a homeschooler! :D ) definitely plan to home-school our kids!

Maybe we should start a home-school thread on TFL... ;)

I think that's always the way with parenting...very few people feel their parents did all the right things....of course in our case we are totally the opposite of our parents! Homeschool thread would be cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn