Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
I'm pretty bad at introductions and talking about myself, but here I go...
My name is Laurie, I'm a 20-year-old Canadian gal who grew up in Saskatchewan and am now living in a small city in Alberta (points for you if you've heard of Camrose!) as a multi-media journalist.
I've always been fascinated with the 1940s fashion and all around way of life. I don't really dress vintage, but like to think that my hair, make-up and clothes are a bit of a throw back to the good ole days! I also just recently moved in with my boyfriend into one of the oldest apartment buildings in the city - we're not sure of the date, but we're thinking sometime in the 1940s - so I like to think that gives me some 'vintage cred', as it were.

I think I found FL by randomly clicking on links on vintage style blogs, and boy am I glad!

L.

susan

Familiar Face
...and another newbie :) I´m Susan from germany, I know the fedora lounge for several years, but now I finally managed it to register myself here. I´m interested in many decades, especially the roaring20s - early 60s...until Mary Quant introduced the mini skirt ;-)

Susan

Romy Overdorp

One of the Regulars
Hey there!
My name is Romy, 23 years old and I'm from the Netherlands. I live in a small village near Amsterdam, so it's quite a snore fest around here :(
I've been lurking around for a while, but I just had to sign up.
This is such a great forum to share the same interests with people who are like minded!
My favorite era's are the 40's and 50's! I always enjoy listening to my grandma (memaw! I just love that word) telling stories about when she was young. Unfortunately she also experienced the war (WWII), so some stories are quite horrible but I think it's good to hear them so we never forget what happened. Funny thing, she just called on the phone while I wrote this :D Gotta love your grandma! So she is definitly a part of my inspiration about those era's.
Well...enough yapping I'm going to start posting around here!

Heeresbergführer

Familiar Face
Grüß Di' Bergkameraden,
(greetings mountain friends),

My name is Patrick and I'm fairly new to the Lounge. My area of interest is 'Golden Era' skiing, hiking, camping, mountaineering and WWII mountain troops from all countries. I think I inherited my interest in this classic style from my mom, who is French and grew up there in the 1940's. Also, my uncle was an avid mountaineer and he sparked my love for the mountains at the early age of 4 years old.

I had the good fortune of living and working in Europe for 10 years, plus hunting through flea markets for original period items. I am a director of photography for the Department of Defense and have a passion for vintage photos and films too. Another vintage pastime that I enjoy is woodcarving...I studied under a Bavarian Woodcarving Master for 6 years.

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

pkskipatrol02bw.jpg

kiserskiing01et8.jpg

lovatsscouts01ap8.jpg

R.G. White

One of the Regulars
Hello! Well, I am really not to great at all this, but I'll give it a shot!

I'm seventeen years-old and have always had a bit of an obsession with the past. I mean always. I once asked my mother why my father didn't where a suit to work, because that's what I thought he was suppose to wear, based on all the old TV shows I watched! I've always enjoyed the music, movies, styles and fashion of the Victorian era through about 1960. My bedroom is based on the style of the 30s/40s, and I personally feel more comfortable in my own little world than I do in the 'modern' world.

I found the Fedora Lounge through Miss Joeri, who saw a video of mine on Youtube.

Well, so long!

I also have a bit of interest in the Netherlands, and am currently learning Dutch!

Welcome fellow Wisconsinite!

Hello! Well, I am really not to great at all this, but I'll give it a shot!

I'm seventeen years-old and have always had a bit of an obsession with the past. I mean always. I once asked my mother why my father didn't where a suit to work, because that's what I thought he was suppose to wear, based on all the old TV shows I watched! I've always enjoyed the music, movies, styles and fashion of the Victorian era through about 1960. My bedroom is based on the style of the 30s/40s, and I personally feel more comfortable in my own little world than I do in the 'modern' world.

I found the Fedora Lounge through Miss Joeri, who saw a video of mine on Youtube.

Well, so long!

I also have a bit of interest in the Netherlands, and am currently learning Dutch!

Hello friends!

I am writing to let you know that there is a new thread up for this event!
The information regarding the Queen Mary Fedora Lounge annual get-together in Long Beach Southern California has been posted!

Please take a moment to go to the thread, read all about it.
Don't forget to invite any friends with an interest in vintage to visit also!

If you go to the EVENTS section look for the NEW thread entitled:
Adventure Aboard the Queen Mary '11| Los Angeles, CA | 5/19-22/2011
or click the address below.
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...the-Queen-Mary-11-Los-Angeles-CA-5-19-22-2011

The Itinerary is post number one.
We are working on putting together reservations for both Friday night and Saturday night Dinner.

Plans included visits to Long Beach, Seminars, and Sunday night at the Cicada Club in LA.

You can click on a link for the Fedora Lounge Queen Mary FAQ’s,there we touch on some of the questions you might have. Questions: My first visit: what to expect. / There is so much planned, / What if I don’t have any retro, vintage or vintage inspired clothing? / Staying Aboard / Dinner / Communications / The Picnic:
In between events? / As to your budget. / Regarding pictures and video.

If you nearby or are going to be in the area please swing by if you can or join us for more time. It's a lot of fun and if you haven't had a chance to come to any event before this one works well as a first timers' event.

Hope to see you there and join the discussion on the thread in the events section.
Sincerely,

John in Covina

justanuthercap

New in Town
Hello all... just wanted to give a quick introduction. Been lurking for quite a while gathering information from all you fine folks, so thanks for that.

Found my way here initially because of my love of hats of all kinds, but fedoras in particular. And now, thanks to you all... I am crazy about 50's atomic fleck! So I've been gathering some interesting, jackets and pants.

I don't expect to be able to add much to the knowledge pool, but do expect to ask some questions now and then. And yes, I promise to use the search function first. (Well, I could probably add some to the conniseur area as I do enjoy the umm.... let's go with, occasional, whisky or whiskey.)

So add a mid 40's guy living in Central Florida (the mecca of ballcaps, shorts and flip flops in fine dining establishments) to your roster.

-Scott

crazmaister

New in Town
Hi everybody...i'm new here!
I'm Tobia, 23 from italy and i love fifties. I'm not always dressing vintage but my hair are always shiny and slicked back, and my comb is always in the pocket!

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, here goes..
Hello world!
My name is Marija (yes, not a typing error, there is a "j" in my name). :) I come from small country with loads of history. Serbia.
This year I'll be 25. 1/4 of a century. Great. :)
Why am I here? Because I am in love with vintage. Forever. Since I was a kid. 1940s all the way. Fashion, etiquette, style and all.
However, no one around me really like hats, fur and red lips. I live in small town where all you can see is denim and straightened hair. Not me. So, maybe they find me a bit odd. I say: wearing a lady's hat is not a crime, is it? And putting little bit of fur on a collar of a coat, what's wrong with that? And, yes, I do go out looking like I do to pubs and clubs. And I do listen to house music (I even hop-hop to the sound). At home, i prefer more.. well.. pleasurable music, that goes with my afternoon tea. And, most of the times, I take my tea alone.
But, then..
Then I found out there are LOAD of you looking like me, liking the same things I like and REALLY enjoying old movies. Yay! So, I decided to join in.
I hope we'll have fun together!
;)

Almost Vintage

One of the Regulars
Hello Ladies and Gents

I'm Vivian (Viv) and I'm a lover of all things vintage. I'm especially drawn to the 40's and 50's, but find inspiration in other era's as well. Even though I live in a rather large city on the East Coast, there doesn't seem to be a big vintage community and most people I know do not understand my fascination. It's nice to have found a spot of like minded people :) I look forward to getting to know you.

ferula98

New in Town
Hello all, I have been a member for a little while but havent had time to post and say hello untill now.
I live in London and have been passionate about antiques, the golden era and 'vintage' for as long as i can remeber. The thirties is probably my favourite era but im inspired by bits of many.

I have learnt some great facts and titbits from you all and its lovely to read everyones input. I looking forward to posting more and hopefully making friends with a few of you.
x

MadameMarcie

New in Town
Hello there - glad to now be a member! My name is Marcia and I live in Alexandria, Virginia.

I found you while searching for information about a vintage Borsalino hat I discovered during one of my treasure hunts at an estate sale. What can I say - I'm an estate sale junkie! I live for the weekends when I have the time to check out the local sales. I just wish I could know more of the history and stories behind some of my "treasures" I've been lucky enough to find.

I look forward to posting and learning and getting to know you folks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24