Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome

Well, I must say that I'm so happy to see so many new ladies signing up for the Lounge. Welcome to Amapola, Lizzie, Jazz Baby, Miss Bella, RetroMom, and Cherry Bomb. I'm sorry if I have left anyone out.
This is such a great forum. I have learned a lot from many of the posts, and can always rely on the ladies in the powder room when I need to find out about the most obscure of information. I hope you all find it as wonderful as I do, and pretty soon feel like the members of the lounge, although you might never meet them in person (I hope you do), are like family.
So, welcome to the Lounge. Come on in and enjoy yourselves.
Daisy

C

cherry_bomb

Daisy Buchanan said:
Well, I must say that I'm so happy to see so many new ladies signing up for the Lounge. Welcome to Amapola, Lizzie, Jazz Baby, Miss Bella, RetroMom, and Cherry Bomb. I'm sorry if I have left anyone out.
This is such a great forum. I have learned a lot from many of the posts, and can always rely on the ladies in the powder room when I need to find out about the most obscure of information. I hope you all find it as wonderful as I do, and pretty soon feel like the members of the lounge, although you might never meet them in person (I hope you do), are like family.
So, welcome to the Lounge. Come on in and enjoy yourselves.
Daisy

Thanks so much!! I've been lurking for awhile w/o actually joining... I don't know why I didn't sooner!?! :eusa_doh: *smooch* thanks love!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
retromom...and I thought my household was busy! :D well, I'm glad you've joined the lounge, may be a great break? I actually didn't introduce myself until quite awhile after I joined ...then I saw this thread and...:eek: there was like 4 pages already filled!

Katydid

One of the Regulars
Hey all

Hi, I'm Katie and I've been hanging out here for a few weeks now soaking up all the vintage vibes and loving every second of it! I'm from central Pennsylvania and just starting to discover the vintage stores around here so any help in that area would be appreciated! I've always loved the 40's thanks to my mom who likes old movies. I love the clothes, cars, shoes, hair, everything but have just recently started to explore this interest now that I have someone (my boyfriend) who shares my passion. He's been a reenactor for about 11 years now and ever since I went to an airshow with him I've been so excited to dress vintage. This year I'm going to the Reading Airshow attempting to go vintage so if anyone is from the four state area around PA and you go to Reading just look for the girl who looks like she's trying but failing miserably. :p Anywho, I have millions of questions so I hope no one's bothered! Sorry for such a long post. You ladies have so much knowledge and I just can't wait to learn and get to know everyone!

JoyfulGirl

New in Town
Hello ladies! I'm another one of those lurkers who has finally signed up. I met a few of you lovely ladies at the NYC gathering. The others might know me from Guybrush's excellent write-up of the Maltese Falcon hunt - I was his Chinese Angle on the events. Of course, I normally go by Margaret.

I'm a filmmaker in New York and I've always had a love for the old and not so old black and white films and film noirs. Give me half a chance I can bore you about lighting schemes and mise en scene in Casablanca, The Third Man, etc. I'm also an avid swing dancer and always enjoy the nights when we all dress up for the time period. I'm a sucker for just about anything that allows me to curl my hair and dress up! :D

I know it's been said a million times, but this really is a great place. I just joined, but everyone I met at the get together at the Roosevelt was wonderfully nice and welcoming. It was like I had been a part of the forum for years. So, thank you to everyone I met for further infecting me with the 'vintage bug' and hello to everyone I've yet to meet!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Hi Ladies,

I’m Sarah from Boston, another new member. I’ve had a love of the Golden Age ever since I can remember—movies, music, clothes, graphic arts, you name it. For the last few years I’ve been busy with graduate school and work, but things are finally easing up and I have some time to connect with others with similar interests. I’m looking forward to contributing to the Fedora Lounge community.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A warm welcome to two new members, JoyfulGirl and Imoldfashioned.
I had the pleasure of meeting JoyfulGirl last weekend in her hometown NYC. She's a cool chick, lots of fun to hang out with, glad to see you here.

I'm glad to welcome Imoldfasioned. It's nice to see another person from Boston here in The Lounge. Pretty soon there will be enough of us here to actually have an event! That would be fun.

Well, welcome to you both. I hope you find The Lounge and particularly the Powder Room as great as I do.
Cheers,
Daisy

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Daisy Buchanan said:
A warm welcome to two new members, JoyfulGirl and Imoldfashioned.
I had the pleasure of meeting JoyfulGirl last weekend in her hometown NYC. She's a cool chick, lots of fun to hang out with, glad to see you here.

I'm glad to welcome Imoldfasioned. It's nice to see another person from Boston here in The Lounge. Pretty soon there will be enough of us here to actually have an event! That would be fun.

Another welcome to the new folks from one who's still pretty new herself -- and I'm amazed to see so many other New England gals in the group. Maybe we can get the Queen Mary to sail around to the East Coast some year!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the welcome Daisy! It would be fun to do a Boston event--sometimes I envy the folks on the West Coast, there seems to be such a concentration of vintage enthusiasts there.

skinnychik

One of the Regulars
Wow, it's fun reading all of those introductions! I didn't know that so many of you were actually kinda new to the forum. I'll toss mine into the mix as well.

I am a 27-year-old English teacher in the Denver area. I've also lived in Florida, Missouri, California, and (for a very short time) Kansas. I dragged my boyfriend back to Colorado with me to try to make money with real estate. We do a lot of home improvement... "fixing & flipping" on a small scale. Our current project is a tiny 1953 house in need of a LOT of attention. It's so fun to rip up shag carpet and find hardwood, or to tear down fake wood paneling and replace it with subway tile. I'm already on the lookout for our next project...I want one of those 1800s houses in downtown Denver...if only the crime rate weren't so bad there.

I found the Fedora Lounge searching 40s hairstyle instructions for about the billionth time. One day it just popped up as a search result. Happy day. I love all the tips on clothing sizes, vintage repros, and makeup. It's better than a history class!

Lotus Leroux

One of the Regulars
Well, I have been reading threads on the forum for about a month now and figured it was time to register and introduce myself...

I live in the Los Angeles area, am very much into the 1930s and 1940s, and in recent years have really gotten into buying vintage patterns and sewing. I am inspired to learn that so many of the ladies in the lounge sew as well! I am also into vintage dancing and love getting dressed up to go out. I have found the Fedora Lounge to be an excellent resource for so many things and want to say thank you to all the ladies who have posted their ideas, tips, links, purchaes, etc...

This is a great place!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
A formal greeting.

Hello all, Ive been on the FL for a couple of weeks, but havent really introduced myself.

My name is Shelley. I live in San Francisco, and recently (as in two weeks ago) graduated from the Academy of Art College with an MFA in animation. My BFA is in children's book illustration from the Columbus College of Art/Design, in Columbus, OH.

My family is from Louisville (Lull-vil to the natives :) ). I have a dog named Georgia (aka Pubby Kisses), and a cat named Brasco (my longest male relationship :) ).

As I type, I am sitting at my sewing table working on a skirt.

Thanks all.

LD

Naama

Practically Family
Hello Shelley! Wow, Animation, for some time I also wanted to study that! And, I guess my dog is also some ridgeback mix, but nobody knows, since his father is unknown and his mother is some wild mix as well (she's a stray-dog from greece). So, good to have you here ;)

Naama

decodoll

Practically Family
Welcome, Shelley. :) I graduated from the Academy of Art too with a degree in fashion design. I wouldn't be surprised if we've passed each other on the street at some point. I work right around the corner from the New Montgomery buildings.

Miire

New in Town
Wow! There are SO many new people here when I thought I was just one amongst a few. Well, I am a 21 year old theatre production and design student concentrating on lighting design for theatre and hopefully film as well. I came across this site looking for 1940-50s hairstyles for my own enjoyment and also for a wedding I will be attending soon. I found my love for the vintage when I took a History of Visual Sources class in second year where I studied the art, architecture, and clothing of every period starting with the pre-agrarians all the way up to today, and when we hit art nouveau to early modernism, I fell in love. My particular interest was in the 1930s-40-50s. Each slide on the screen showing the fashion at the time was absolutely adorable, and I've noticed some modernized vintage looks appearing in the stores and am totally excited to hear the waistline is rising up again. lol. I haven't had the guts to start making anything on my own, since I didn't move into costume design, but I really think that a lot of you ladies should apply to a theatre company or film company for that job. You are truly talented. I've only newly discovered my love for vintage, and well, I think I even saw a lot of it on Sex and the City (carrie). So, I think I might have started liking it when I was obsessed with that show. Anyway! That's me for now and I am happy to answer questions if anyone has any!

-Julie:eek:

Caledonia

Practically Family
And another Hi to all the new ladies. You'll have fun! The FL is a fantastic place. And Lady Day, Georgia is just beautiful! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran