Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Well, I've already made a few posts, but I guess I'll formally introduce myself here.

I've had an interest in all things vintage for as long as I can remember, but I haven't really made an effort to do anything about it 'till now (mostly because lack of money) But perusing the forum has really broadened my knowledge.

I'm 18 and am married to the most wonderful guy in the world. Unfortunately, he's in Iraq right now serving in the Army, but he'll be home soon so we can go swing dancing again. But he also has an inclination for vintage, so we fit together pretty well. I'm a nursing major at UNL and wish there were more people in the area who are also into vintage. I could always use a shopping buddy if anyone is in the area! :p

Oh, and I also have one of the worst cases of buyer's remorse mixed with indecisiveness :eusa_doh:

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Because someone suggested I added my introductions here:

A little about me:
I just turned 38 on May 14th. I live in Drums, Pa which is close to the poconos. I moved here two years ago from Staten Island NYC. I moved to be closer to my daughter.

Since Highschool I've been wearing fedoras and rain coats... I'm not even sure why but I always really enjoyed them. I've never had a custom made for me but I've been thinking about it lately. Maybe in the fall I'll do it. Right now I have an outback hat and a black pinstripe fedora for the summer and I ordered a white summer hat from the Fedora Store... It seems like a decent hat...

If anyone wants to take a look here is a link and let me know what you think. I'm not sure how I'll like it on me but this is the only way to find out.

Stacy Adams Shantung Center Dent Fedora Hat
http://www.thefedorastore.com/Stacy-...at-p/sa304.htm

Gerry

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
i'm gonna follow the lead and say hi i'm soph.
i'm 23, and am sitting here with a shirly temple hair-do, after having pin curled and set my hair overnight. waiting for it to drop a little so i can do somthing with it and go out!
i have a beatiful long term man named dan but he's a punk rock guy so, while he appreciates my stylings and love of vintage, he's not really into it. he does take me to diners all the time though!

staceface, i know what you mean. i don't know anyone here who is into the same styles. just 2 kids that are into psychobilly but they seem to be more about just wearing a bandana and buying lucky 13 clothes...hmmm. not really my style.

so it's really good to find people who share my love for anything pre 50's vintage.

also, the shops here are terrible, the vinatege shops only hold bad 70's and 80's clothes.
boo hiss.

soph
xxx

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome Stace and Soph:)
I hope you enjoy the Lounge. There's so much to see, learn, contribute, in so many different areas! I look forward to reading more from both of you:)
Welcome:D

PS.. Stace, we have a few military wives here. This is a great place to get lots of support. Also, the next time you write your hubby a letter, would you please tell him I say thanks:eusa_clap

Shocking

New in Town
De Lurking

Hi Ladies,First off, You Gals Are FABULOUS!. I'm in Portland Oregon but soon moving back to LA. Can hardly wait!I'll post some pics of my favorite stuff as soon as I figure out how.I'm a hatmaker and LOVE all of my 40's blocks.I've been collecting vintage fabric and I'm itching to sew. You are all so inspiring to me... Thanks Loads!!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Shocking said:
Hi Ladies,First off, You Gals Are FABULOUS!. I'm in Portland Oregon but soon moving back to LA. Can hardly wait!I'll post some pics of my favorite stuff as soon as I figure out how.I'm a hatmaker and LOVE all of my 40's blocks.I've been collecting vintage fabric and I'm itching to sew. You are all so inspiring to me... Thanks Loads!!

portland? what? i'm in portland! i am also from LA. however, i am not moving back there! when are you moving?

now that i'm done being nosy... welcome to the powder room!

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Hello!

I've started posting already, but haven't properly introduced myself!

My name is Kaeti and I'm from Albuquerque, New Mexico. I recently turned seventeen and will be attending either the University of New Mexico or New Mexico State this fall. I'm an avid swing-dancer, and a lover of fashions from decades past!

I'm just dipping my toe into the world of retro/pin-up modeling -- I've actually got my first photo shoot tomorrow morning! I'll post photos, of course.

I love finding cheap vintage clothing in need of repair and fixing it up on my own time. I collect antiques, too...my favorite pieces of furniture are my art deco dresser and my 1860's vanity.

I'm a strict vegetarian, and I love cooking delicious dishes for my friends and family. I can't wait until I get the chance to furnish my own kitchen!

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
GirlAnachronism said:
Hello everyone~ I just joined a few days ago after lurking for many many months, and I finally decided to join and not be creepy. XD I'm a 14 year old girl from Boise, Idaho. I'm more into Victorian fashion and such, but that led to the 20's, which led to the 30's, which led to the 40's, and so on, and I just adore all of it. I have no vintage clothing (Yet!) but I dress in Gothic Lolita. Think of a Victorian doll, but only in black and white. Anyway, I'm very -very- morbid so you'll all have to put up with me XD
Right now my favorite decade has to be the 20's, as I'm hopelessly in love with the gorgeous Clara Bow. I've been told I looked like her, which spawned my obsession.

Enough rambling, for now. I'm off to go de-lurk elsewhere in the forums!

GirlAnachronism, you might be interested in the Vivcore Forums (www.forums.gaijingeisha.com)! You'll definitely find several people who share your interest in EGL. I love the style.

Lovely Leah

Familiar Face
Hello I am new

This is my first post. My style is forties and early fifties suits and tailored dresses. This site is great. Because of a congenital back condition I have to wear orthopedic shoes like those in my avatar. I am not sure if they are from the forties or fifties. They really look matronly, but....

I also must use cane. I am looking for something other then the modern metal things. I am looking for something would complement my vintage wardrobe. If any of the experts here have any ideas about what disabled ladies used in the forties or fifties, I'd love to hear from you. I am looking forward to joining in on the fun.

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
The new gal

Hi all, and Happy Memorial Day weekend...

I was recommended this site by a charming gent. I have always had a facination with the golden era from when I was a little girl. The hair styles, the dresses, the dancing, music, and the actors and actresses. Even the archetecture. God knows that they dont make things like that anymore!!! (any of it)

I just moved to Pennsylvania from South Jersey, and I am looking forward to meeting friends with similar interests. I can't wait to go to my first event on June 9th with that special friend of mine, and his new white hat!!! Gatsby, watch out, theres some new kids in town!!!!

Mint Juelip anyone???

crwritt

One Too Many
Hi I'm Colleen, I've been around here a few months but just (I hope) figured out how to put up an avatar pic.
Lets see if this works!

Oh, I am so proud of myself!

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Daisy Buchanan said:
Welcome Stace and Soph:)
PS.. Stace, we have a few military wives here. This is a great place to get lots of support. Also, the next time you write your hubby a letter, would you please tell him I say thanks:eusa_clap

Thanks Daisy and to everyone else who supports! It truly means a lot :)

GILDA

Hello all, Im new!!!

I signed up days ago but my account was just activated! But Ive been reading for days all the tips in the beauty forum and powder room. Needless to say I went out and dropped $150 today in supplies!

Always, loved the forties, since i was a girl. Isnt it funny how you are born to love a decade for no reason? Since I started wearing makeup I always did retro so this isnt new to me. Once in my twenties I started fooling around with the hair. I have the basics down but am always looking for tips. I dont do the whole nine yards though. Its basically my retro hair and makeup, but everyday clothes. Like for instance right now Im in a pair of Victoria Secret jeans with a top from India with sequins and beading all over and wedge shoes ( not very retro). I save the retro clothing part for nights out with my husband, which arent many with 3 kids. I try to buy as much retro clothes as i can, as long as there new!LOL! I dont do thrift shops, its has to be a new "vintage"!

Cant wait to get to know you all!!

GILDA

Hi ladies Im new!!!

I signed up days ago but my account was just activated! But Ive been reading for days all the tips in the beauty forum and powder room. Needless to say I went out and dropped $150 today in supplies!

Always, loved the forties, since i was a girl. Isnt it funny how you are born to love a decade for no reason? Since I started wearing makeup I always did retro so this isnt new to me. Once in my twenties I started fooling around with the hair. I have the basics down but am always looking for tips. I dont do the whole nine yards though. Its basically my retro hair and makeup, but everyday clothes. Like for instance right now Im in a pair of Victoria Secret jeans with a top from India with sequins and beading all over and wedge shoes ( not very retro). I save the retro clothing part for nights out with my husband, which arent many with 3 kids. I try to buy as much retro clothes as i can, as long as there new!LOL! I dont do thrift shops, its has to be a new "vintage"!

Cant wait to get to know you all!!

monicacaroline

New in Town
Hello everyone
My name is Monica, I'm seventeen. My love of vintage things started when my great grandmother died (I think I was 7) and I inherited most of her jewelry and a gorgeous clear umbrella with a pink rose design along the edges.Anyway, I've grown up listening to classic jazz and started dancing lindy hop about 3 years ago. My dance habbit sparked my interest in all things vintage yet again and I've been collecting vintage clothes, learning how to do vintage hair, scavaging for red lipstick ever since I started.

vintagelaura

New in Town
Hi! My name is Laura. Another vintage seller introduced me to this site a while ago, and I just joined a few days ago. I'm enjoying all of the posts so far! :D

I'm married with an active young daughter, two cats, two dogs, and a flock of chickens. My interest in vintage has been life-long and spans 18th century to the 1950s, though I'm mostly interested in 1860-1960. I have a vintage pattern business called Vintage Fashion Library. I recognize a lot of faces here, so I know I'll fit right in!

Laura

celticmom

New in Town
Hi from another lurker turned newbie :)

My name is Karen and I live in Ga. I'm married and have four kids - 1 son, 3 daughters. My husband is in the Marine Corps Reserves. My son is 9, and my girls are 4, 2 and 8 months old. I found out about this site from Nashoba and have been lurking for awhile. I love anything vintage, my wedding dress was 100+ years old :), but have a special place in my heart for the 40's and 50's. I have dreams of being able to sew but in reality I can't thread a needle. When I'm not chasing children I'm surfing, shooting, or cooking (not great at that but I enjoy experimenting and I'm getting better).

I'm still looking for the right pic for my avatar!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran