Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

trettiotals

New in Town
Hi! I'm new here, an Aussie girl. I look forward to meeting you!

I don't dress head to toe vintage, as I find that a bit too costume-like for my day-to-day life... but I love the tailored approach of the golden age, and the silhouette love true waist and drop waist etc... love tailoring... no synthetic fabrics.

Would love to know where I can buy great tailored trousers for women, online. Any tips?

Hatnut

New in Town

^UOTE=Daisy Buchanan]Hello!

I've noticed a lot of new members are joining The Fedora Lounge. Some of you have come forward and introduced yourselves, others are joining right into the many threads we have, and yet some are watching from the side lines. This is wonderful, I'm so amazed with how fast and greatly our community is growing. We have a great community of people, all who know something or another about vintage films, vintage clothing, anything about the vintage lifestyle even the vintage lingo.

First off I'd like to welcome all of our new members. This is a great place to share your vintage passion with people from all over the world. It would be wonderful if our new comers would take a few minutes to introduce themselves. Drop in just to say hi or go in depth and tell us all about yourselves. Whatever it is you want us to know about you, we'd like to hear it. What's your favorite era? Who's your favorite actor? What kind of fedora do you wear? How often do you dress vintage? The list of questions could go on, but I won't inundate you:)

Welcome new members! It's really great to know that there are so many other people around the world who share the passion for vintage that we Fedora Loungers do. I look forward to getting to know you. Each member who joins The Lounge has some knowledge to contribute. We appreciate all that knowledge, and we look forward to hearing more from you.

Pull up a stool, join the gang, share your story, or just say hi. It's so very nice to meet all of you and I look forward to learning more about you, hearing more from you. ......This will probably sound weird to most but for some reason i have this strong attraction to the late 18oo's ? im always thinking about what life was like back in those days ? and see very little advantages to todays society !!!! its rather funny to me that the more advanced we become the more we long for yesterday?

MegamiOrchard

Familiar Face
Hi, another new Australian here! I am a huge admirer of the 1940s-1950s look - think Grace Kelly meets Audrey Hepburn meets Katherine Hepburn with a pin-up look thrown in - and have decided 2008 is the year to put that look into action! I am so happy to have found the Fedora Lounge, and don't know how I lived before I came here!

I am busily ordering my new wardrobe via the internet, and will share photos for those who are interested. I am really looking forward to getting to know you all here, and I am sure I am going to soon be addicted to this place.

MegamiOrchard

Familiar Face
Another new member. I live in Canberra, Australia with my man in uniform (aka my husband) and a three year old hipster (aka my son). I have lived throughout Australia and the UK. Currently I am working as a Research Editor, and come March I start work on my PhD.

My style of choice is kind of Grace Kelly meets Audrey Hepburn meet Katherine Hepburn with a bit of pin-up thrown in. Hope that made sense. I have been more an admirer of vintage than wearer, but 2008 is the year that changes - I am going to be living that vintage lifestyle! My husband is a very talented photographer, so I will try to share some of my new looks with you all if you like.

I already love the Fedora Lounge! It is wonderful to see such a great online community, and look forward to interacting with you all.

leairna

New in Town
Hello, I am new around here also.
I just love this place. I have learned so much from just popping around and checking out all of the links from the different threads.

I am a newly divorced mother of 3 grown kids, and a brand new gramma too. (my daughters both gave me a grandson and a granddaughter this year)

I have loved vintage (20's-50's) ever since I was a little girl, and have found such inspiration here on these pages. You ladies are so creative and beautiful.

I LOVE ballroom dancing and swing dancing. I enjoy sewing, making hats, weaving, dyeing, embroidery and long long ago I was a hair dresser, and love to do color and updo's (my daughters kept me busy around school dance time with their friends and themselves) I really am looking forward to trying my hand a a few things I have found on here, and seeing how they work out.

Well enough about me, I just wanted to jump in, get my feet wet, and say hello.

Have a wonderful day.

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
MegamiOrchard said:
Hi, another new Australian here! I am a huge admirer of the 1940s-1950s look - think Grace Kelly meets Audrey Hepburn meets Katherine Hepburn with a pin-up look thrown in - and have decided 2008 is the year to put that look into action! I am so happy to have found the Fedora Lounge, and don't know how I lived before I came here!

I am busily ordering my new wardrobe via the internet, and will share photos for those who are interested. I am really looking forward to getting to know you all here, and I am sure I am going to soon be addicted to this place.

Oooh me too! Hahah as in I'm also from Australia (QLD where are you?) and I definitely want 2008 to be the year that I immerse myself in vintage! I tend to do 50's more (I have a naturally high waist, so 50's looks great and feels so comfortable) but I want to get into 40's as well.

It's so cool to see other Aussies here!! :D Hooray!

merkman

Familiar Face
New guy

Wow, glad I found this place. I'm normally a lurker because I hate to type.
I may be inticed to join in now and then since I've found there are like minds out there.
Cheers,
John

ContinentalOp

New in Town
Another Newbie

Hi, all! :)

I found this place while searching for "fedoras." Go figure. ;)

I've always liked hard-boiled detective fiction and some film noir, but I've recently found a growing interest in the Golden Era. Sometime I feel like I belong in a different time period.

I haven't gotten into purchasing vintage gear, but I do own a few bowling shirts. I also own a few suits that I like, and have gotten, um, "comments" from people for wearing them. Usually I get asked, "What are you dressed up for?" I usually just answer, "Because I want to."

I've been reading some of the threads for a couple of weeks now, and it's a goldmine of information. And I know I've just scratched the surface. I look forward to learning more and possibly starting a new "addiction."

Happy New Year!

AnnaMaria

New in Town
Well, I guess I should introduce myself too. My name is Anna, I'm 23 and I live in Sweden (so please excuse any bad grammar or spelling).

I've been a big fan of everything 50's for many years but lately I've started moving more and more towards the 40's. I've gotten many tips and ideas lurking Beauty and The Powder Room and thought it was finally time to join.

I lurk a lot, but I hope to be able to make some useful/interesting inputs too.

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
Belated Intro

I've been here a while posting in various threads.

I live in Ohio and just went through the tedious task of buddying every Ohio member for invitations to local happenings up in the Greater Cleveland or Akron area. For example, every Tuesday the 100th Bomb Group near the Cleveland Hopkins Airport has the Dan Zola Big Band and dancing.

I'm a history buff and generally love many eras, but I am really drawn to the glamour of the 1940s. My TV is nearly always on TCM and I am currently purchasing songs on the internet that were written during WW2 and listening to those constantly. I posted these songs in the Radio forum's Singing for Victory thread.

In fall, I will be working on my Master's in American History, writing my thesis on rationing and the American homemaker during World War II. I am also writing a book derived from interviews of veterans. I have some great stories and I'm looking forward to preserving them.

I set my hair in pincurls and do 40s styles every day. When I am able, I dress in vintage or reproduction clothing as well. I enjoy participating in the beauty forum.

Hopefully someday some of us can get together for Dan Zola or a screening of an classic film.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Hey everyone, I joined The Fedora Lounge a couple of months ago but wanted to get a feel for the place before submitting posts. I think this is a great place! I look forward to being an active part of the Fedora Lounge.

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Colorado Girl

I have been reading through threads for almost a year now and only recently got the inspiration to finally register. The forum is inspiring - the use of the computer for me is not. My husband originally found the forum, but I have the email account that would be acceptable - so I signed up! We are both very interested in the information here. I have been involved in historic recreation and historical societies for most of my life - so this is right up my alley! I also adore fashions of times gone by. As well as, hats - gloves - shoes - antiques - sewing - heirloom gardening - vintage ski or mountaineering gear/wear and so on and so forth. If I had a penny for each item I am interested in I would also be able to afford each of those interests! I hope to learn many new things from the other forum members and I also hope to be able to contribute tidbits here and there! Thank you for letting me join all of the ladies and gentlemen here at the Lounge.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
WELCOME to the FL NEWCOMERS!

Plenty of good info old/new here @the FL. If you have a digital camera posting pics of your activities or collecting interests etc., on the various threads helps to create an identity.

Solid Citizen ;)

SuffragetteCity

New in Town
Hello, everyone. I was lurking for a long time, and then I joined, and then I posted once, and then I got busy. But now I'm less busy, and felt like I was lurking again, even though I'm a member. That was a mouthful.

So anyway, hi! My name is Kristen, I'm 19. I go to school in DC; I want to be a librarian. I don't have a whole whole lot else to say right now, but I feel less lurky.

SuffragetteCity

New in Town
Hi, I just posted over on the Observation Bar new ladies and gents thread, but I thought I'd say hello here, too.

My name is Kristen. I'm a 19 year old student in DC. I want to be a librarian, ultimately. I dress sort of vintage most of the time. Mostly, I like the 1920s, '30s, and '40s, and teddy girls. I also like Regency England. I can't really think of much else to say, except, hi, again.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
SuffragetteCity said:
Hello, everyone. I was lurking for a long time, and then I joined, and then I posted once, and then I got busy. But now I'm less busy, and felt like I was lurking again, even though I'm a member. That was a mouthful.

So anyway, hi! My name is Kristen, I'm 19. I go to school in DC; I want to be a librarian. I don't have a whole whole lot else to say right now, but I feel less lurky.

Here's a hearty welcome from just one of our resident librarians. :)

alphy27

One of the Regulars
Hello...

Hello all,
Didn't notice this thread until today, but I did introduce myself on the main. Happy to do it again here. Crazy about fedoras, vintage golden era anything. Glad to have found The Lounge. Big hello to all fellow newbies.

Regards,
alphy27

RueBea

New in Town
Hello Everyone,

I found the Lounge a couple of days ago. I am not sure how I found it, but I suspect I was looking up vintage hairstyles. I am interested in the 20's-60's. I am very fond of the 40's. I am often told that I was born at the wrong time. I am looking forward to becoming more immersed into dressing vintage now that I found a resource to help me on the path. I spend most of my free time skating in roller derby. I look forward to learning from you all.

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy