Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Cascadian

New in Town
Hello!

Hello, everyone. Another freshly-approved newcomer checking in. I found The Fedora Lounge a few different ways, including via the Classic Style magazine webpage and a google search for info on Byrnie Utz Hats (located about three blocks away from where I sit). I figured that if I kept finding myself among so many right-thinking and well-dressed people, I should sign up myself.

So, thank you! I'm happy to be here and looking forward to reading more.

jayem

A-List Customer
Well, Ive been lurking this site for a while now, so I finally decided to join. I love anything vintage, especially from the late 20s and 30s. I have a big wardrobe of 20s, 30s, and 40s clothing my great-grandmother gave me, so lately Ive been in an especially vintage mood.

Lindelea

New in Town
Well, I just joined up so I figured I should introduce myself. I'm a 21 year old college student(graduating this July, Hooray!) and I've always loved vintage and unique clothing. I started with Renaissance type clothing, and I've recently taken a liking to 20's-50's style dresses in particular. I try to make my own things as much as possible, so I'm hoping to find some good patterns and pull out the sewing machine. Umm... S'about it. Hooray!

Smuterella

One Too Many
Hello ladies

In the week I have been observing you all from corner of the bar I feel I have learnt a lot.

My name is Lisa but my friends call me Smuts, I can't think why...

I live and work in London and this whole vintage thang is something I have been gradually getting into for the past few years.

I am currently struggling with pin curls (wet set = frizz, dry set = flat) but am learning by the day.

Am so pleased to be a part of this community

x

MommaCakes

New in Town
Hello

I joined a while ago but I guess I haven't introduced my self. Shame on me! I have been lurking ever since I joined and LOVE this place. Ya'll are great!:eusa_clap

Panama Hat Man

New in Town
What a fantastic find!

Greetings Fedora Loungers!

I am so exciting to be invited to the party so I just had to wear 4 hats to show my enthusiasm!

I am delighted to have stumbled upon this fantastic treasure trove of great style, delightful company and interesting conversation and look forward to poking around the forums in the days to come and hopefully become an active member of the community.

Best Wishes to you all-
Mark

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
Introductions

Hello, loungers!

After enjoying all the information and conversation, I finally decided to conquer my shyness and join in the fun. I'm looking forward to being a part of the community.

So, about me: I'm 34, married to my dream guy, live in the Cleveland-ish area of Ohio, and have always had a love of the 1940's and 1950's (due in no small part to living with my grandparents for a large portion of my childhood).
Most of modern clothing (especially my shoes; I LOVE shoes) have always had a retro flair to them, and now I'm looking forward to making my own. I've been collecting vintage and vintage reprint patterns, so now I just have to jump in and start sewing.

That's about it for now. See you all around the lounge!

StellaLuna

New in Town
WoW! What a Fantastic Site!

Hello to all you beautiful dolls and many thanks for providing such a welcoming community, you make it so easy to just jump right in. ;)

I'm 34, I live in South Florida with my husband and 2 dogs and I've been, hummm I guess you could call it 'accidentally vintage' for quite some time. I seem to just lean toward a more retro look and I've gotten so inspired from this site that I've decided to take my vintage look more seriously.

I work as an administrator and have to be careful about not looking too 'costumey'. I hope you will enjoy sharing in my endevours as I attempt to blend a more vintage element to my personal style and at the same time keep things modern and acceptable for my work environment. (I'm also trying not to send my husband into shock! lol )

I just started practicing my pin curls and as soon as I get up the nerve - you'll be seeing me on the 'show us your hairdo' thread! :D

contentmentfarm

New in Town
Hi Ladies,

I just joined after weeks of lurking. I deal in vintage both on my own web site and a bit on eBay.

Having recently bought a group of men's clothing from the 20s through 40s I have been in search of information which is how I ended up here. It's good to see that there is a balance of ladies here too though. It seems to be a lively group and I look forward to getting to know you all better.

contentmentfarm

New in Town
Hi All,

I'm Candy, also known as contentmentfarm. Not as creative a name as most of you have but my mind just doesn't work that fast so I just always use my business name.

Contentment Farm comes from the previous owner of my house here in Mass. She had named the place and I adopted it as a business name, see, I told you I have no imagination!:D

Anyway, I deal in vintage on eBay and my web site. One of the areas that I am trying to learn is men's vintage everything. I've been lurking here on and off for a while and quite a bit over the last few weeks, spurred by a purchase of 20s through 40s men's clothing and accessories. I need to learn and this lively group seems full of knowledgeable people who are willing to share their knowledge.

I'm also a member over at the Vintage Fashion Guild. I think several members there also participate here and they are the ones who sent me here to lurk and ask questions. I look forward to getting to know my way around here and getting to know you all better!

Myn

New in Town
Hello everyone

Hi everyone, my name is Myn. I've always loved the history and fashions of the 40s and 50s but thought I was stuck with the boring fashions of today until I found you via the Dress A Day blog and Sew Retro. I'm so glad! I already have a ton of posts written in my mind from my lurking days, so look forward to hearing from me. :)

My major focus is going to be sewing up a plus size vintage wardrobe. I'm a novice sewer, but determined.

I'm also very interested in life on the homefront during WWII.

JesseMay

New in Town
Hi Ladies,

I've been lurking for a while and thought that I would finally join. I was introduced to the site by my fiance (Samsa). Since I was six I have been interested in vintage clothing. In high school I was a costume mistress, and loved when we did period pieces. I've been collecting vintage/second hand clothing since then. I am currently a law student, planning to graduate in the spring of 2009. I'm excited to get to know you all!

TessTrueheart

Hello ladies and gents

My name is Ther?©se, I am 35 years old and I am from Sweden. I am currently finishing up my degree at the University of Lund ( I would stay forever if they'd let me but, alas, it's time to re-enter the "real world").

I aim for a 40's look, both for myself and my home, but I will venture into the 50's and 60's as well. Since vintage clothes are scarce and ridiculously overpriced in this part of the world most of my clothes are modern with a vintage feel. I spruce up my outfits with vintage gloves, jewellery ad seamed stockings. Any day now I hope to find the courage to wear hats. I have a small collection of hat pins that need to be shown off!

I am very happy to be here, this seems like a friendly place!

TessTrueheart

Hello ladies!

My name is Ther?©se, I am 35 years old and I am from Sweden. I am currently finishing up my degree at the University of Lund ( I would stay forever if they'd let me but, alas, it's time to re-enter the "real world").

I aim for a 40's look, both for myself and my home, but I will venture into the 50's and 60's as well. Since vintage clothes are scarce and ridiculously overpriced in this part of the world most of my clothes are modern with a vintage feel. I spruce up my outfits with vintage gloves, jewellery ad seamed stockings. Any day now I hope to find the courage to wear hats. I have a small collection of hat pins that need to be shown off!

I am very happy to be here, this seems like a friendly place!

IsaacRN

One of the Regulars
New Guy saying Hello

Well Hello,

I stumbled across this website while doing a search of leather soled lace boots. That led me to Alden shoes. Im excited to try them out eventually but im afraid they wouldnt go with whats in my closet right now. As most of you probably feel, I grew up in the wrong era. I enjoy wearing Newsboy Caps and I have a few Fedoras. I havent converted my dress attire to vintage yet. I am a wet shaving junkie wish allows me to relax and enjoy some of the glory of the golden years. I look forward to contributing to your community.

SugarCoatedKid

New in Town
hello to all. im Gen & im 21. i stumbled upon this website when i was googling hair styles from the 40s and thought this site was fabulous!! I love everything that comes from the 40's. the clothes, hair, music, movies, but most of all Frank Sinatra. A little before my time...okay a little-a lot;)
well i hope to share & learn new things here & talk to everyone too. So have a great day!

kimstrain5@clea

New in Town
Hi there

Hi. My name is Kim and I've been a long time lover of the 40's and 50's era. The decor, the look, the all around lifestyle of that time period (mainly the 50's) has drawn me most of my life. I feel a bit old compared to many of the women whos posts I've read here...I'm 40, about to celebrate my seventeenth wedding anniversary and the mother of 6. Three adult children who live on their own now, 21, 20 and 18 years old and three who still live at home, 16, 14 and 13. I collect 50's household items such as kitchen ware, tablecloths, handtowels, dishes, canisters, chalkware, pictures, motel ashtrays, furniture, etc. the list goes on. I am also very into 50's beauty supply items like lipsticks, make-up, make up cases, beauty supply packaging, advertisements, jewelry, hair care products, etc. I also have a huge collection of 50's pulp paperbacks, home making magazines from the era; mainly Good Housekeeping, Family Circle, True Romance, True Detective, etc. (I read every single magazine front to back) again...the list continues! I try very hard not to allow my collection to just pile up in corners. I work hard to integrate everything into my every day life. I use every dish, canister, etc. and decorate my house according to the era as well. I hope I don't sound like a complete wacko but I so love the 50's era that I would love to live it 100%. I'm not sure I'd want to give up my now-a-days household appliances such as my micro and my computer but I'd like to think if it were possible to use such things in the 50's they surely would have! I hope to meet some new people here who share my love of the good old days. I haven't met anyone else personally who is as into it as I am.
~Kim~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy