Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

CopperNY

A-List Customer
i'm Bob. i now have a job where i have to dress and i hate modern men's fashion. i have one decent suit and it might as well be made out of tissue paper.

add to that i'm a film noir fan and have a love of history (i teach full contact medieval armored combat) and here i am.

here's a before and after thanks to Fedora Lounge:

167086123_b14f463052_m.jpg

3267706380_10d0598a50_m.jpg

...and yes i know i need a bigger brim....

billyk

New in Town
Hey Folks

Hi everyone. I'm a big fan of '50s clothing and the old school :)

I'm living in San Francisco while I finish my graduate studies. Otherwise, I'm based out of Los Angeles.

I'm happy to be here!

Will

Mon Amour

New in Town
Cha...cha...=]]

Hello I have been a member of The Fedora Lounge since God knows when but i haven't had the chance to go on and chat but i have read the spectacular blogs. Well since i am here let me introduce myself . My name is Yovana i am really young 18 is the age but what can i say i have a vintage soul.I live in California and still attend high school this is my last year 09. I love to explore the 20's and 50's eras they are my favorites =]] . I don't know that much but i do know one thing or too ... so if you would like to chat later on =] i hope you do help me get more knowledgeable in my two favorites era's .
xoxo.... Kissed by God

awest84532

Familiar Face
Hello everyone!

My name is Alan and I live in Moab, Utah. Moab is a place almost everyone knows, but most haven't heard of. A multitude of movies have been made here, including one of those fedora movies, the opening of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

I am 53 years old, soon-to-be 54. I retired from 23 years of law enforcement in 2000. I am now a customer service rep. at a potash mine.

I've worn caps most of my life (note to everyone: they don't cover your ears) , hats only as part of a uniform. About four and a half years ago, I was diagnosed with Stage IV malignant melanoma which had spread to my lungs. Following the amputation of my left ear and several months of Chemo-Immuno Therapy, I am a four year survivor.

SPF10,000 and hats were a couple of the recommendations of my oncologist. I started with cheap hats inasmuch as I was sure how long I'd be wearing them, or other clothing as far as that goes. I bought my first high dollar fedora a couple of weeks ago and found this site the next day. I'm learning much and look forward to waking up each day.

Pinky Boo

New in Town
Hi Ladies

I thought I would introduce myself - joined yesterday. I'm Claire, I live in Nottingham, England and am really into vintage, although I am just plucking up the courage to wear more and more vintage/ reproduction stuff out. My friend Hannah and I have started a project making vintage inspired lingerie called Frilly bits - come and have a look at what we're doing.
Apart from that I am trying to find a bullet bra in a G cup in the UK.... not easy! I love the 40's and 50's and made my wedding dress last summer from a 50's pattern - my first outing for a long time in vintage!
Claire xhttp://frillybits.co.uk

maybelaughter

Familiar Face
hi, my name is katy and i've been lurking around here off an on for quite some time now. i found the site when searching for vintage hairstyles a year or so ago, and was pleased to find a lot of information, and a lot of people who were into "old things"! i've always been a fan of past eras, the 50's have always been a favorite of mine since i was in high school, but i've been branching out more lately, and looking at things from the teens-forties with keen interest. people tell me i'm an "old lady" all the time because of my choices in music/movies/etc. historical fashion intrests me, but i'm more interested in the daily life, and that of the lower working class than in bombshells and pinups.
i live in missouri, in a 130 year old house, with one amazing husband, two spoiled kitties and one lop eared bunny. i'm a full-time art student, hopefully someday i'll be teaching fiber art/weaving for a living, but until then it's schoolschoolschool! i love history, as in the daily life and the little things, especially early times, when metals and fibers were being explored and everyone knew how to weave!
this winter i had a bit of an epiphany, and realized that you can indeed wear skirts/dresses in the dead of winter, and i'm no longer hating the season. :) although i don't dress vintage daily, it is a daily inspiration - my favorite dresses would not be very practical for a very messy art student!
hopefully this place will help to inspire me to actually sew more, and i'm looking forward to getting to know other people who share similar interests - and that know so much more about the times that i'm interested in than i do!

Baby Jane

New in Town
Hello everyone, I am a 29 year old married mother of one. I was born on Elvis' birthday and with that comes amazing lip snarling abilities. I was raised by my grandparents which I suppose is where my love of old tv shows and movies began. I watched a lot of Nick at Nite! I trained in ballet, jazz, tap, and modern dance which led to my love affair with Fred Astaire. I remember one New Years Eve when I was still in elementary school I stayed up the whole night watching a Fred Astaire movie marathon. We had a poster in our ballet studio that said of dance "the hardest part is making it look easy". Nobody made it look easier than Daddy Long Legs himself even when dancing with a hatstand. I am also a big fan of Audrey Hepburn, Bette Davis, Judy Garland, and Marilyn Monroe. Oh and I am obsessed with Dita Von Teese!

Lotta Little

One of the Regulars
SO glad I found this place. Just knowing there are so many "old-fashioned" folks out there makes me want to really pursue my interests in dressing like and learning about days gone by. In my circle of friends I've been made to feel like some out-of-touch weirdo with an unhealthy sense of nostalgia, but the sense of community here makes me feel like it's not so unusual. Thank you all for that.

einzelgangerin

New in Town
Guten Abend! and こんばんわ

Hello and good evening,

My name is Wolfie (nickname taken from my ancestor's name Adawolfa) and I reside in southern California. I'm currently a concept artist working for a small video game developer. It's been a humbling experience especially since half of the studio just got laid off recently and when I'm not busy one can catch me tinkering around with my motorcycle.

I've been lurking here for the past month or so. I've actually stumbled across this site in hopes of learning more about vintage jackets (preferrably leather jackets) to sport while I get back to riding.
I also have a fondness for Luftwaffe memoriabilia so this forum was perfect for me!

Current Status:
- trying to find a Luftwaffe style flight jacket with a more feminine cut (narrower shoulders?)...not even sure if one exists but I'm currently scouring the (internet) to find one lol.

--Wolfie

adriancol

New in Town
Hello from Murrieta / Temecula

Hello, My name is Adrian, 39 years old, I;m an executive for a telecom mfg company in Irvine, California. I live in the Temecula / Murrieta area. I usually hang out on the fountain pen foums or watch forums. I have always been partial to vintage clothing, ever since I was a kid. In fact I've been wearing a fedora for the last 5 years (mainly on the weekends and rainy days), and just threw it out last week cause it was ugly, stained, beatup, etc.. Not sure what kind it was, wish I hadn't thrown it out, i paid good money for it.

I have a Cooper A-2 jacket that I love, and another leather one that is similar to one my grandfather had, with cinch ties on the back and cuffs that can be unbuttoned, also i only wear Floreshiem Imperials I have 4 pairs black & brown wingtips, and cordovan & black plain to all are gun boat style :) and a pair of Floreshiem Imperial black "beef role" penny loafers.

I'm so excited to find this place. These are pictues of my leather jackets:

DSC01098.jpg

DSC01099.jpg

DSC01093.jpg

DSC01097.jpg

vintagemaven

New in Town
I am new to fedora lounge

Hello ladies. I am new here and need someone to take me under their wing so to speak. I love swing dancing, the cicada club, and 1930 and 1940 dresses.

o0olibelulao0o

Familiar Face
Hello Ladies! I joined yesterday! My name is Jillian (so don't bother trying to remember o0olibelulao0o ;) ) I am originally from Connecticut but I just recently moved to Fredericksburg Texas :) And I absolutely love living in a small town. I have always LOOOVED the 40's and 50's... I think I was from that time in a past life :) My aspiration growing up was to be a 50's housewife. That sounds so cheesy, but I think you girls all understand :). I've been lurking here for a while like most of the other new girls, but I just HAD to join and be part of the fun :)

I'm engaged to a wonderful man who enjoys when I get all decked out in my 40's and 50's garb (sometimes more 30's too). We will be getting married next year, and I'm very excited. :) Thats all about me. If you want to know more just ask... I'll be here quite a bit. :)

Ferrante

New in Town
Greetings from the tropics

Ferrante77

Dear All:

I'm very glad to join this select group of Ladies and Gentlemen. For know I will just stay on the sidelines while I learn the ropes around here.

Regards,

Ferrante

Spindrbrad

New in Town
Regards from the frozen north.

I've finally found my people. My area of interest runs from the second half of the 19th century to the first half of the 20th century.

I'm pleased to be in the company of you ladies and gentlemen.

Brad

CherryKrissy

Familiar Face
Hey ladies! I'm new here, figured I would introduce myself :)

My name is Kristina, but everybody calls me Krissy. I'm a newlywed (we got married in October of this year) and I've always felt like i was living in the wrong time, although I'm just starting to truly discover how much I love all things old. When I was a kid, I was obsessed with the 50's. Everything about that time screams class with me, and that's where I'm starting to draw my inspiration from, although that may change :p .

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Hello everyone, it's nice to be here, feels great to be finally able to share one's passion with others and not worry that one doesn't fit in - my vintage interests raise eyebrows among some of my friends, though that could have something to do with my trying to force everybody into vintage/vintage inspired clothing when it comes to them attending my wedding in September ... :D.

I have to confess though I feel quite intimidated as a lot of people here are truly vintage pros, not naive beginners like me :) ; having said that, it would have been rude not to introduce myself after months of using the forum for its most precious info, so here I am. Can't quite remember how I discovered the forum but it must have been when researching vintage fashions on line.

A few words then about me then: I'm 30, leave in the UK at the moment, and when it comes to other eras I like everything from Edwardian to the 50's, with a strong inclination towards 30's fashion and admiration of Art Nouveau and Art Deco in their diverse manifestations from jewelery to architecture.

Not very long ago I started to do a bit of dancing too: balboa, swing and Argentine tango, and I love all of these. Would happily learn some other dances too, and hope some day to add the Charleston and foxtrot to what I'm doing already.

In terms of vintage clothing I have to say that sadly I don't own much due to a practically non-existent budget. However I am determined to overcome this somehow and start putting together a proper wardrobe;).

When it comes to muses, I don't know if I have any, but I admire and find a lot of women inspirational, to name but a few the elegance of Marlene Dietrich takes my breath away and also I have a soft spot for a more modern figure in Cate Blanchett.
I think that's it gals. Pleased to meet everybody.

Kadri, that's one beautiful look you've got going!

CherryKrissy

Familiar Face
Hi everybody! I'm Kristina, but everybody calls me Krissy. I'm 29 years old, married for 4 months, and love all things vintage. I've always felt that I was born in the wrong era, since i was a young child. I'm so glad I found FL!

Leah Elizabeth

New in Town
Hello! My name is Leah. I have been an observer for a wile now, but didn't actually have the guts to register until today :). I have loved classic styles most of my life but didn't actually start dressing vintage until last year. Now I am vintage all the time, and I love it! So I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself, and I am happy to be a part of the lounge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner