Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Hi guys,

I'm new here so wanted to post quickly to say hello. I've been following posts on here for a while when I've been searching and researching hats. As all of you, I am a big hat lover, I dont have a massive collection as yet but I will hopefully one day have a few nice hats I can alternate like alot of you guys.
I will post my small collection soon but I'm happy to have an akubra campdraft in bluegrass green, the open road Royal Deluxe and a whippet by stetson, a couple of bailey hats, a Failsworth panama and most recently a hornskov panama.

I'm visiting seattle and nyc in sept from the uk and have seen a cool hat shop in seattle, and ofcourse there is jjhat centre in nyc so I hope to visit both and maybe treat myself while I'm there.

It's a pleasure to be among you guys and hopefully chat hats:)

Regards

Dave
Welcome Dave

I believe it's called Eclipse Hat shop, I've been following her a while on Instagram. She's based near pike place Market

She is a nice lady, small shop with nothing special in stock. Mostly low end hat brands and lower priced Stetsons. But you will likely be going to the Pike market anyway. Stop in at Pike Place Brew pub, in the middle of it is a nice little seafood cafe, great fresh oysters to go with the beer with good happy hour pricing. Zeke's Pizza out closer to the Space Needle has good pizza and another place with great happy hour prices.
I believe that is Sharon. Very nice lady. Her mentor taught well in old world hat restoration methods.

Lordteabelly

New in Town
I believe that is Sharon. Very nice lady. Her mentor taught well in old world hat restoration methods.
Yes, she seems nice, I follow her shop on Indtagram and she always responds and seems friendly and helpful in the videos she posts. I'm looking forward to visiting the shop, im keeping my fingers crossed that I find something to grab :)

Michiganiac

New in Town
I also pulled a neglected Dobbs from my childhood out of my folks' house not 20 minutes ago.

It has a lot in common with Bogart's appropriately named character from The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, they've both seen better days...

Why all the hate?

It’s hard when you’re new to the group to know what is meant. @belfastboy is a great guy and he meant no harm. It was just some good natured kidding that we often indulge in here. I promise there wasn’t any hare.

Many of us own Tilley’s or similar hats. No insult was intended. Don’t take offense where none was intended.

I hope you fee welcome here with our little group.

-Brent

PinchFrontKid

New in Town
Wanted to share this hat before I delete the pics, this hat isn't mine , it's my uncles I reshaped and Cleaned for him, He had this hat a long time, it's a "Scott Ltd" New York. It has some severe sweat stains so I sanded some of the minor stains out, the hat has been in the sun so some sweat band deterioration aswell, haven't seen much on this brand but the felt is still smooth and soft to the touch.
20230905_155806.jpg
20230905_155814.jpg
20230905_155922.jpg
20230905_160924.jpg

harrytemp

One of the Regulars
New guy here and bought my first hat in September and bought another 2 this month. Not really into the newer hats and prefer older hats in what seems to be taller crown hats to me.

Grew up loving Indiana Jones but didn't think anything of hats. Hit my teens and was a huge fan of Michael Jackson. I think everyone know where I'm going with here. I wear baseball caps but always wanted a fedora. Having a big head I couldn't fit in department store hats and they always looked like shit.

Finally just measured my head and started looking at real hats and here I am.

New guy here and bought my first hat in September and bought another 2 this month. Not really into the newer hats and prefer older hats in what seems to be taller crown hats to me.

Grew up loving Indiana Jones but didn't think anything of hats. Hit my teens and was a huge fan of Michael Jackson. I think everyone know where I'm going with here. I wear baseball caps but always wanted a fedora. Having a big head I couldn't fit in department store hats and they always looked like shit.

I just fitted a custom hat for a baseball cap wearing guy. He had longed for most of his adult life to wear a fedora but his size 63cm head precluded him wearing any off the shelf hat. He is thrilled that he finally got his fedora and it fits like a glove.

I just have to sew the ribbon he chose today...pics to follow.

Your journey to quality brimmed hats is familiar. If you’re lucky enough to have a hat size that’s fairly common with vintage hats then you’re very lucky. I prefer vintage too, but I’m a larger size so I’ve commissioned several custom hats that are the next best thing.

harrytemp

One of the Regulars
Your journey to quality brimmed hats is familiar. If you’re lucky enough to have a hat size that’s fairly common with vintage hats then you’re very lucky. I prefer vintage too, but I’m a larger size so I’ve commissioned several custom hats that are the next best thing.
Thanks and I made the mistake of buying the lesser unknown brands because I thought these felt hats are built equally and boy was I wrong.

I have some fur hats that are decent in quality and I bought it because I didn't know better.

Now I have to either throw them away or donate to Goodwill. Most likely donate the ones I don't want.

I guess this is part of the learning process and now I know exactly what I'm looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy