Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
HAS, Stage 1
and if introduce any more hats, my wife may kill me with them.

138424614_4935059226568981_6444371475469581645_n.jpg

Who me?

New in Town
Hello everyone. Matt checking in.
New to nice hats. Been a baseball cap guy most of my life. Don’t care for that look anymore. Tried a cheap wool fedora/safari style hat and thought it looked pretty good so thought I would try something better and a little more stylish.

I’ve had my fathers favorite lid in my bedroom for 23yrs now. It’s a PB Shady Oaks Banker’s Special 100. 7X. Probably from the 80s. It is Sahara colored.
I just sent it off to be cleaned, reblocked, new sweat, add a ribbon and reconstructed into a fedora style if possible. It has had a cattleman’s crease for the last 40yrs. Excited about wearing my dads hat. He would have liked that.

Next I would like to have a summer straw, maybe hemp.
Then follow that up with a little dressier beaver fedora.

Cheers,
Matt

IMG_2638.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello everyone. Matt checking in.
New to nice hats. Been a baseball cap guy most of my life. Don’t care for that look anymore. Tried a cheap wool fedora/safari style hat and thought it looked pretty good so thought I would try something better and a little more stylish.

I’ve had my fathers favorite lid in my bedroom for 23yrs now. It’s a PB Shady Oaks Banker’s Special 100. 7X. Probably from the 80s. It is Sahara colored.
I just sent it off to be cleaned, reblocked, new sweat, add a ribbon and reconstructed into a fedora style if possible. It has had a cattleman’s crease for the last 40yrs. Excited about wearing my dads hat. He would have liked that.

Next I would like to have a summer straw, maybe hemp.
Then follow that up with a little dressier beaver fedora.

Cheers,
Matt

View attachment 559591

Welcome aboard. That Peters Bros. is a nice hat. It’s a huge bonus to have a family connection too. Looking forward to seeing it when you get it back.

Who me?

New in Town
Welcome aboard. That Peters Bros. is a nice hat. It’s a huge bonus to have a family connection too. Looking forward to seeing it when you get it back.
Thanks Brent.
Yes, because it belonged to my father makes it very special.
Looking forward to working with the hatter. It will be a few months till he can get to my hat, but that gives me more time to research and finalize the details.
Ive been researching here and other places for a number of months before deciding to do anything. My first experience with a hatter didn’t turn out that great, so I sent it to someone else. I have confidence that this person will do a good job.
I have greatly enjoyed perusing this forum, looking at all of the great hats and figuring out what I like the best. Crown height selection is the most challenging thing for me to figure out at this point.

harrytemp

One of the Regulars
Everything is a 'phase'......what is in question is just long the phase will last. So far mine is about 50 years long.....I suspect it won't last too much longer.......because, well......neither will I.
I think I may have it figured out. Some hats I may give to my brother and the rest will go to charity such as Hats for Homeless. People usually donate caps and beanies for them to keep warm and I have some felt fedoras that can keep them warm. The not so desirable ones but good condition.

As for the vintage hats In my collection I am just gong to wear them to the point of no return. These hats survived this long and I will be the last to enjoy them.

So far my Stetson and one Borsalino is my work hat. I wear them to do yard work. Once those need replacement then I will buy another or pulling another out of the closet bThe 60’s Borsalino is starting to break in and will get softer once I start sweating in it.

Right now it is just crazy buying.

Last edited:

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Ah, the many hooks of HAS. Early on, there is some amount of resistance. You are past the point of no return, however, when you start buying hats that are not your size!

I think I may have it figured out. Some hats I may give to my brother and the rest will go to charity such as Hats for Homeless. People usually donate caps and beanies for them to keep warm and I have some felt fedoras that can keep them warm. The not so desirable ones but good condition.

As for the vintage hats In my collection I am just gong to wear them to the point of no return. These hats survived this long and I will be the last to enjoy them.

So far my Stetson and one Borsalino is my work hat. I wear them to do yard work. Once those need replacement then I will buy another or pulling another out of the closet bThe 60’s Borsalino is starting to break in and will get softer once I start sweating in it.

Right now it is just crazy buying.

Who me?

New in Town
Hat collecting isn’t going to be phase is it?

When is it enough? I have something in the mail arriving soon and still looking to buy.
I always had cowboy hats and ball caps since I was a small boy. Never really considered myself a collector. Now I want something more stylish.

I can understand falling down the hat rabbit hole. So many nice hats out there. Feels good wearing a nice hat.

Working on my first one and already have two more styles I’m trying to decide on.

This is a wonderful forum. Wish I had found it sooner.

I always had cowboy hats and ball caps since I was a small boy. Never really considered myself a collector. Now I want something more stylish.

I can understand falling down the hat rabbit hole. So many nice hats out there. Feels good wearing a nice hat.

Working on my first one and already have two more styles I’m trying to decide on.

This is a wonderful forum. Wish I had found it sooner.
Well, think of all the money you have saved in all those years you didn't know FL existed!

kirill

New in Town
Hello, to all hat connoisseurs and lovers, I would like to know about this brand, and about this hat, at least some information, thank you for your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231204-202842.png
    Screenshot_20231204-202842.png
    487.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20231204-202900.png
    Screenshot_20231204-202900.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 61

kirill

New in Town
Я видел нечто подобное на шляпах амишей.
Да, я тоже это видела на ebay, кажется, это похоже на то, что любил носить Клинт Иствуд, тоже из фильма «Томбстон». Прошу прощения за орфографию и могут быть ошибки, пишу через Google переводчик.

kirill

New in Town
Ok, this is a very nice place, it's nice to chat with people who have a tradition of wearing hats. Wild West),. I come from Moscow, we don’t have this tradition, although many American styles have long been accepted, jeans, baseball caps, etc. But I was captivated by hats, it’s been about 5 years since I started wearing them, I like different ones, bowler hats, fedoras, cowboy ones. I really like it when I read in the description on ebay: - my grandfather wore this hat on exceptional occasions, it’s very cool.) and I do the same. In my collection there is a Stetson, Resistol, Knox, Dobbs, Stevens, American hat company. etc. In Moscow, few people wear good hats, or just hats, which is why I am the center of attention and often hear compliments))). I'm sure I'll learn a lot of new things on this site. Have a nice day and good luck everyone.

Attachments

• 17017654654312131986405.jpg
    17017654654312131986405.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 50
  • 17017655832941912482327.jpg
    17017655832941912482327.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 43

VoodooSan

A-List Customer
Thanks for having me. Been reading without joining for ages, figured it was time to saddle up.

Retired, 71 YO former lawdog, 20+ year Cowboy Action Shooter, and lifetime hat addict. Brief recap as it stands currently:

Twenty-three felt cowboy hats used in my Cowboy Action Shooting hobby.

Twelve felt cowboy hats for everyday wear.

Six straw cowboy hats for everyday wear.

One straw cowboy hat for wear while gardening/working outdoors.

Eight felt fedoras for everyday and/or dress-wear.

Two straw fedoras for everyday and/or dress-wear.

My current purchases generally run about three vintage cowboy hats to every new one.

Thanks for having me!

Thanks for having me. Been reading without joining for ages, figured it was time to saddle up.

Retired, 71 YO former lawdog, 20+ year Cowboy Action Shooter, and lifetime hat addict. Brief recap as it stands currently:

Twenty-three felt cowboy hats used in my Cowboy Action Shooting hobby.

Twelve felt cowboy hats for everyday wear.

Six straw cowboy hats for everyday wear.

One straw cowboy hat for wear while gardening/working outdoors.

Eight felt fedoras for everyday and/or dress-wear.

Two straw fedoras for everyday and/or dress-wear.

My current purchases generally run about three vintage cowboy hats to every new one.

Thanks for having me!

Welcome to the Lounge, VoodoSan. What region do you do your shooting? I have a friend who competes in the Wild Bunch category.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner