Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Zealand, non jacket related.

Otter

One Too Many
Folks, I am looking for some advice. We are in the middle of planning a holiday for January next year around 4 weeks, flying in to one island and out of the other. What I am looking for is advice from visitors and particularly natives; what are your do not miss moments in New Zealand ?

Monsoon

A-List Customer
I did this in 1998. NZ is a good choice.

I'd say the Milford Track, but there's a wait to do that. Just about everyone is beautiful.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Folks, I am looking for some advice. We are in the middle of planning a holiday for January next year around 4 weeks, flying in to one island and out of the other. What I am looking for is advice from visitors and particularly natives; what are your do not miss moments in New Zealand ?
From Dallas to New Zealand is ~7500 miles, but from where you live to New Zealand is almost 11,500 miles! Loooong way for either of us. I've always wanted to go there as everyone who has ever traveled to New Zealand described it as a beautiful place.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Hey Otter, I recently spent a year and half there... Both N and S islands. (Even got to visit RMNZ just before they shut down ;(
Have you booked your flights? Do you have a rough plan? Any specific interests in visiting NZ?
I have loads of info/ suggestions?
Brett

Fonzie

One Too Many
New Zealand is an amazing country both, South and North island are extremely beautiful and quite different from each other.
I did that trip a few years back and loved every minute of it.
Don’t miss the wine region in the South Island and if you can, cross to the north island via the Malborough Sounds in Picton you’ll enjoy incredible landscapes and sea life .
Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland are definitely worth a visit and in the North Island you should visit Hawkes Bay and Raglan if you can.
The best of New Zealand is without a doubt its people, they’re very friendly, polite and welcoming and make the trip even more enjoyable.
You’ll love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otter

One Too Many
Thanks folks, all replies and ideas are appreciated !
Flights from here are loooooong, about 29 hours. Might break in HK on the way out for a day or so. The current plan is the last two weeks in January, first two in February to avoid the busy Christmas period. Flying in to Christchurch then out from Auckland. Milford and the Alps are definitely on the list, would be nice to visit some of the locations of lord of the rings, and Hobbiton of course. The plan also includes time for me to do the Tongariro crossing. Looking at prices I think we will be doing hotel and car rather than campervan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy