Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Now this is more like it! - Duchess of Cambridge in Canada outfit.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I loved this outfit, so i thought i would post some pictures for you to enjoy. The Maple leaf brooch is borrowed from the Queen, and a nice touch i think, the hat is by Lock & Co, also apparently belonging to the Queen. Kate is also wearing her trusty Reiss dress and to my mind the most lovely shoes and bag. (I'm in love with the bag)!

prince-william-kate-middleton-canada-day.jpg

angeljenny

A-List Customer
I love most of her clothing choices! She tends to be on the modest and classy side which is a nice contrast to the celebrities falling out of clubs wearing next to nothing.

Her hair is fab too - super shiny.

Doublegun

Practically Family
I think she is one of the most beautiful women in the world and I sincerely hope that she and Prince William become leaders for their generation as people with whom everyone can relate. I also hope she is given the opportunity to have a voice and use it much like Di did. She has much she can contribute beyone her stunning looks and charming smile.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I hope so too. I think the fact they met at university and tried both to live as modest and normal a life as possible before the wedding has endeared them to many people. As you said she has the capacity to do much good work aside from being a fashion plate and i hope she does.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for posting those lovely pics Miss Sofia - Catherine looks so beautiful. I love her style and agree with AngelJenny that it makes a nice change to see a woman in the public eye dressing in such an elegant and ladylike fashion. She seems very happy with William and with her new role - she seems like a natural - very good with people - very poised.

I really like charm bracelet that Camilla gave her too:

663443-kate-middleton.jpg

KATE-MIDDLETON-BRACELET.jpg

And I also quite like this lovely Shamrock brooch she wore last week:

KATE-MIDDLETON-BRACELET2.jpg

All her jewellery is so tasteful.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Me too!

I love that military style dress too. She looks very chic!

Miss G - I agree. All her jewels are very simple and stylish. Nice of the Queen to lend her Maple brooch too!

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have to comment that I love her hat and her maple leaf brooch! It is just so wonderful! More hats please! And I love how she always wears and hat and brooch! (... because I always wear a hat and brooch.) She seems to have very classic and elegant taste.

If I was Canadian, I can imagine myself going totally bonkers over the fact that her hat and brooch had maple leaves. Such a stunning and appropriate choice to travel to the country. What I am trying to say, is given the pride I have in my own country, that I can imagine myself as a proud Canadian too. If I was a proud Canadian, I would be so happy that she chose to honor my country by wearing the symbol of my country in such a tasteful way. It's a tribute to the fact that she recognizes the culture of Canada and wants to complement it.

Personally, it seems (from a very outside perspective) that she has made choices that are very financially conservative. (She could have had a new hat, brand new suit, new jewelery for every visit.) She seems more level-headed than that, and that will do her well to endear her to people all over the world. She doesn't seem flashy or wasteful. I do hope she uses her position to help people too, as that would make her a lovely role model.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
If I was Canadian, I can imagine myself going totally bonkers over the fact that her hat and brooch had maple leaves. Such a stunning and appropriate choice to travel to the country. What I am trying to say, is given the pride I have in my own country, that I can imagine myself as a proud Canadian too. If I was a proud Canadian, I would be so happy that she chose to honor my country by wearing the symbol of my country in such a tasteful way. It's a tribute to the fact that she recognizes the culture of Canada and wants to complement it.

As a Canadian, I felt the same way! It wasn't chintzy at all (and its so easy to be), it was very tasteful, and lovely to see her have an affinity for a country she has never visited before.
(Side note: Unfortunately, Canadian "culture" has become a bit of a joke... Tim Hortons, hockey, and the Maple leaf are just about what remains of it, critics say.)

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I would imagine and also like to think it's a bit of both. I like to imagine the Queen giving her a little advice when she was preparing for the trip and suggesting the loan of the jewels and the hat. As we all know the Queen is especially fond of Canada.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
She is absolutely lovely!!!:eusa_clap

The Daily Mail UK observes....

Taking a maple leaf out of Diana's book: Duchess of Cambridge Canada Day red hat brings back memories of 1983 Royal tour

Similar outfit to that of her husband's mother, Princess Diana - who would have been Kate's mother-in-law, when she visited Canada in 1983.

article-2010351-0CD37AFA00000578-588_308x472.jpg
article-2010351-0CD537B600000578-227_310x470.jpg

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Oh dear, I'm going to be the voice of disenchantment.

I think she dresses in excess of her years, the shoes are too slim in the heel and very 'nunty'

I think she needs to put the pre-wedding pounds back on, she looks gaunt and lo-llypop headed.

I wish she would stop putting such thick liner on her lower lids, it makes the eyes look piggy and again it's very ageing.

Lastly, I wish they would stop comparing her to Diana. Not all of us believe that the woman was a saint and the Daily Hate are obsessed to the point of stalking (beyond the grave) when it must be painul and irritating to William and Harry. Today the BBC kept making pointed comments about babies and I can see it coming, the day that she or her sister (really sick of hearing about her backside) trips up and they will come down on her like a ton of bricks.

I like the girl, I think she's sweet but please don't lets go down the Diana route again..we all know where it ends. As an Irish gal I do like the navy military inspired coat dress and the brooch!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I think she needs to put the pre-wedding pounds back on, she looks gaunt and lo-llypop headed.

I wish she would stop putting such thick liner on her lower lids, it makes the eyes look piggy and again it's very ageing.

Lastly, I wish they would stop comparing her to Diana.

You're my new favourite.

I like the girl too, and I liked the Canadiana in her outfit, but those three things popped out to me too, especially the comparisons. There is no reason to compare her to Diana. Wrong, not even close.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Oh dear, I'm going to be the voice of disenchantment.

I think she dresses in excess of her years, the shoes are too slim in the heel and very 'nunty'

Lastly, I wish they would stop comparing her to Diana. Not all of us believe that the woman was a saint and the Daily Hate are obsessed to the point of stalking (beyond the grave) when it must be painul and irritating to William and Harry. Today the BBC kept making pointed comments about babies and I can see it coming, the day that she or her sister (really sick of hearing about her backside) trips up and they will come down on her like a ton of bricks.

I like the girl, I think she's sweet but please don't lets go down the Diana route again..we all know where it ends. As an Irish gal I do like the navy military inspired coat dress and the brooch!

you can't tell me she can't afford to eat. she's entirely too thin. I think she's lovely but she needs to pack on a few pounds

I totally agree on the eyeliner on the lower lids, some women just don't wear it well

I love the white dress in Miss Sofia's post, ok the military dress is great too but yes it's all too old for her

Louise Anne

Suspended
I love most of her clothing choices! She tends to be on the modest and classy side which is a nice contrast to the celebrities falling out of clubs wearing next to nothing.

Her hair is fab too - super shiny.
I agree, she has in my view also a good sense of style and also knows when to wear a certain style and when not too. I also hope she does not leave the boots and opaque tights out of her wardrobe now for good now.

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
Here's a photo collage from the National Post:
tumblr_lnu1zpTre01qze0z6o1_1280.jpg

I loved the outfit fourth from the left - so stunning!
As someone who wasn't really around when Diana was alive, I don't understand the comparisons. She's her own person - who never knew Diana - and I'm sure W&K hate it.

My only wish for this tour is that they could have stopped in Camrose so I could have gotten some media access :p C'est la vie! On their "day off" tomorrow they will be stopping in Slave Lake, a norther AB town that was devastated by wildfires in May. They were invited by benefit concert organizers but I never thought they would actually stop.

I love that they seem like real people. They're so chatty and polite to everyone on the tour, it seems. It's not just "work" to them, they seem like they're actually enjoying it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou