Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our own vintage town

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Does this town have a newspaper office yet? I could be a reporter. I love typing and reading and writing, and I rarely make mistakes in my typing, so I can easily use a typewriter without fouling things up.

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
Viola said:
I'm the one who grew the thorn vines over the windows and who put the fear of God into the kids who tried to cut across my garden. I'll probably get a creepy dog that howls.

The Cat Lady would be my sister! (She'd like that) and a haunted Victorian can support more than one crazy old lady.

lol yeah *Waves cane in the air yelling at the enterprising children*" Get off my property you hethans!! God will strike you down if you don't get off my property!! *Mumbles to self.."Damned devil children...ughhh grumble grumble grumble."

I'd be one of the old uncles from Second Hand Lions, just-a sitting on my porch with a shotgun in my lap drinking tea and shooting the occasional traveling salesman.

Guess I could also fill in the Mike Westen/Robert McCall "problem solver" role...:eek:

Gonna be a busy, busy dude, that's for sure. Especially with all the [voice=Doc Brown]"permit straight from the U.S. Government"[/voice] I'm gonna need for my "weather experiments" and other prototype hardware...:eek: lol

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
PistolPete1969 said:
As your friendly neighborhood sheriff, I might have to "confiscate" some of that wonderful homemade moonshine.

Of course I would have to sample some for my "cough"....lol

As long as you dont turn me over to the revenuers then you can "confiscate" all you'd like.

No, it's actually easier to be by-the-book... besides, the more 'shiners we have around, the more that's gonna draw Revenooers and thus the more likely the chance of one nosing around my EOD-lockers and my hangars... and I'd rather not have them nosing around in even the same county as my "private little air force", if you get my drift. *raising eyebrow*

I can't solve others' problems if I have some pencilnecked paperpusher second-guessing me about my tools and just mere possession thereof, now can I? lol

----------------
Now playing: James Horner - Darkside Of The Moon
via FoxyTunes

Well, the USAF fighter-squadron I can't help you, but I could always check you out on the multi-seat birds in my personal collection--never mind that two of mine would be the same as the birds out on the alert ramp... Hope you don't mind having a paranoid artificial-intelligence along for the ride*!:D

*Consult the old WONK threadcasts--while it was almost entirely fiction and most of this thread is in "don't hold your breath" territory, KITT, KARR and Blackout (to save some confusion about "Which?", Blackout would be hosted in a dedicated box to move between Pave Low and P-61 airframes) are all on my build-list...

----------------
Now playing: The Charlie Daniels Band - Sidewinder
via FoxyTunes

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I almost bought a book on growing hops, barley, and malt in a regular suburban-sized yard today, but it was fifteen dollars and I got a thicker garden book for ten. Alas, the cheaper one comes with no beer recipes. Not sure I won that one.

Homemade wine is nice. I like the berry wines, because I'm aggressively lowbrow. ;)

OK, we're talking about a squadron of fully-armed-and operational F-106s under USAF control plus two more under mine, plus a bunch of machinery controlled by "thinking computers" smarter than most people.

WONK was our attempt to create a "vintage radio serial on the Net"... see http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=23264&highlight=WONK . It kinda fizzled, the mix of action and sci-fi was a little outside some folk's ability to keep up.

Send me a sample!

----------------
Now playing: The Charlie Daniels Band - Sidewinder
via FoxyTunes

Viola

Call Me a Cab
As a member in good standing of the Ladies' Auxilary (...and if I'm not, I'm hearby starting a NEW ladies' aux. and declaring myself the Chief Flowerhat) I am DESPERATELY concerned about something far more important than mere careers:

Architecture and civic art. lol

Will there be good bronze statues around, so that people know that we are a solid and reputable community, and pigeons have a place to you-know-what? I don't want to see any abstract sort of whatsits, either! Heroes, leaders, men looking spiffy riding horses, Lady Liberty on top of City Hall in something sort of Pre-Raphaelite, etc.

Nominate an architectural style or landmark! Is there a big metal globe on the newspaper's roof? lol

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
If this town doesn't have one yet, we should have a watchtower with a PA system, a bell and a doomsday siren on top. One of those old-timey, hand-cranked air-aid siren doohickeys, for public emergencies such as fires, tornados, floods, German air-raids and alien invasions. The tower will also be the main lookout and commentary spot for the annual Vintageville car-race, all commentary being broadcast over the radio or over the PA system.

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
Diamondback said:
Even down to having to deal with the gawkers 24/7 unless there's a curfew for nonresidents?:eek: lol (Sorry, I keep weird hours--I can barely function by day due to ridiculously light-sensitive eyes--so if it applies to residents there's a problem...)

----------------
Now playing: Jesper Kyd - Sicily Slow
via FoxyTunes

We could have Disneyland park hours. Nine am to midnight or earlier, probably nine am to ten pm... considering ten pm is the polite time to leave other people alone. :) We can have big gates and I'll get a... whip or something and herd them all out. We can have shops leading out to where we'll have 'visitor parking' and make good money from selling things like shotglasses that say "The Only Vintage Town Still Running". :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis