Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hat Thread

The furthest north we will be is Venice and Madrid. Might be a bit cool there, but I think I will want the straw for Sevilla (later in the trip). As for rain, I always bring a tilley mesh hat (actually got a new tilley "mash-up" last summer) when I travel with a straw hat. (such a pain to try to travel with two hats that one 'doesn't want to get crushed)

With respect to eating with a knife - after being laughed at by colleagues in London back in the '80's for my "American shuffle" of switching the knife and fork in my hands after cutting each bite of meat, I converted to the "fork in the left, knife in the right, use your left hand to put food in your mouth" approach. My wife doesn't like it, so I generally slip out of that a few weeks after returning home.

And, of course, I avoid the biggest "American giveaway" for a man - I don't wear shorts. I figure it is the least I can do for the good of humanity.

(and don't even get me started on man-capris)

The knife is for your peas, right?

dnjan

One Too Many
The knife is for your peas, right?
No - for those I set the fork down on the table, put the peas (one at a time - I'm not that good yet) on the handle, and hit the tines so that the peas shoot into the air. I then catch them in my mouth.
(knife remains in my right hand)

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As Panama season approaches, I knew I didn't need another straw, but this one looked so sweet and sharp (and at a gr8 price) that I couldn't help myself. You understand. eh?

You DO? Well explain it to my wife!
Just kidding, I have a few Shudde felts so I thought to balance it out with a Panama. The weave is so tight that you could tote water in it, a little steam to dip the brim fore and aft and put a pinch in the front of the crown and I'll be ready for Panama season!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
As Panama season approaches, I knew I didn't need another straw, but this one looked so sweet and sharp (and at a gr8 price) that I couldn't help myself. You understand. eh?

You DO? Well explain it to my wife!
Just kidding, I have a few Shudde felts so I thought to balance it out with a Panama. The weave is so tight that you could tote water in it, a little steam to dip the brim fore and aft and put a pinch in the front of the crown and I'll be ready for Panama season!
Yes and some pics please when your done?

vmtrevino2

A-List Customer
I awoke this morning to find my monticristi smashed on the couch. [emoji33] [emoji24] I was a little under the bourbon [emoji44] last night and fell asleep on the couch for a little while before getting up to go to bed. My only guess is that it fell from the top of the backrest and got crushed under my legs and I didn't notice until this morning. I felt a little nauseous but luckily with a little water and blow dryer I was able to fix it. Whew[emoji29]

"Set 'em up Joe"

vmtrevino2

A-List Customer
a3e120858984c774f2bd9a765182f7bc.jpg

8b65a6043c3e68c50a239d2baf0861b5.jpg

2cc7384869f007b83cda9135204dbacf.jpg

6f6650b767cd76076f070dc980fae9f8.jpg

5810315483fe424f9d5b3170fff8610d.jpg

5eca7475693dbf7404e910463a6fd2e5.jpg

c04c1731438d02ad9a4e165521fb13c0.jpg

"Set 'em up Joe"

Last edited:

vmtrevino2

A-List Customer
The glue under the ribbon was disconnected when I smashed my hat and now the ribbon keeps rising up showing the stiching underneath. Anyone know if there is a certain type of glue I need to use to not damage the straw? To me it looks like standard glue from a glue gun.

"Set 'em up Joe"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot