Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictured: Thedi Leathers shawl-collar cognac buffalo hide jacket

Insomnia

One of the Regulars
Beautiful jacket and perfect fit. I like the color to.

What sort of HWT have you done? Did you notice any shrinking?

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks! Great photos. Interesting that all the writing on the store is in English.
Added to my list of places to go!
On my last trip to Greece a fellow told me that English is a required course in Greek schools starting at the earliest levels. Great people and a lovely country. And it has Thedi Leathers. SJ's jacket is a beautiful example of the work done there. That tan Bootlegger-type jacket tears at my heartstrings every time I see it.

Furrowson

One of the Regulars
That's marvellous, congratulations! The fit looks perfect, but how is it to move around in? Constricting at all (asides from the stiffness of the leather)?.

I'm already thinking of how to get over there myself.

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
That's marvellous, congratulations! The fit looks perfect, but how is it to move around in? Constricting at all (asides from the stiffness of the leather)?.

I'm already thinking of how to get over there myself.

@Furrowson It's a fitted jacket, to be sure. I'd say that's how they were meant to be worn. It is still a little stiff buttoned up but I think will become less so with wear.

While I'd recommend a Thessa visit – it's an appealing joint – you can of course just order by email.

Furrowson

One of the Regulars
@Furrowson It's a fitted jacket, to be sure. I'd say that's how they were meant to be worn. It is still a little stiff buttoned up but I think will become less so with wear.

While I'd recommend a Thessa visit – it's an appealing joint – you can of course just order by email.

Thanks for answering, SirJacket. I'm sure it'll get a lot more comfortable to wear with time.

I'd still want to go there to get fitted for a jacket. A custom tailored jacket from them is clearly awesome. Plus it would be loads of fun and could be rolled into a holiday.

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Thanks for answering, SirJacket. I'm sure it'll get a lot more comfortable to wear with time.

I'd still want to go there to get fitted for a jacket. A custom tailored jacket from them is clearly awesome. Plus it would be loads of fun and could be rolled into a holiday.

@Furrowson That's essentially what I did. Thessa makes an interesting contrast with Athens.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Indeed. Thessaloniki is quite relaxed, great night-life and food. And almost everything on walking distance. Athens, on the contrary, is quite stressful. As a visitor you need only two days to see Parthenon and the rest important remnants of the Classical Athenian times, plus some contemporary sights. Time seems to run faster in Athens. Believe me I know, I spent 20 years there.

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Indeed. Thessaloniki is quite relaxed, great night-life and food. And almost everything on walking distance. Athens, on the contrary, is quite stressful. As a visitor you need only two days to see Parthenon and the rest important remnants of the Classical Athenian times, plus some contemporary sights. Time seems to run faster in Athens. Believe me I know, I spent 20 years there.

Do tell, @Harris HTM. Been thinking of moving there.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Can't think of a worse European country to move to at the moment, tbh. Place is an economic and social basket case.

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
@Harris HTM, no: moving to Athens, specifically.

Can't think of a worse European country to move to at the moment, tbh. Place is an economic and social basket case.

@Sloan1874, don't jump to conclusions. I pass through Athens often because my sister has a little house on one of the islands. Sure the economy is in desperate straits but it means it can be a good environment to do entrepreneurial things. Labour and premises are cheap; that doesn't mean I want to exploit people, by the way, but it makes for a good start-up culture. A lot of people are comparing Athens now to Berlin 10 years ago.

It also just feels like an attractive place to move to if you want to work less and do creative things instead or just enjoy life more.

Cheap – and hot. I'm getting a bit sick of shivering eight months of the year in the UK. Sure, I've stayed here for the jacket-wearing opportunities so far but even that won't detain me for ever.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
@Harris HTM, no: moving to Athens, specifically.

@Sloan1874, don't jump to conclusions. I pass through Athens often because my sister has a little house on one of the islands. Sure the economy is in desperate straits but it means it can be a good environment to do entrepreneurial things. Labour and premises are cheap; that doesn't mean I want to exploit people, by the way, but it makes for a good start-up culture. A lot of people are comparing Athens now to Berlin 10 years ago.

It also just feels like an attractive place to move to if you want to work less and do creative things instead or just enjoy life more.

Cheap – and hot. I'm getting a bit sick of shivering eight months of the year in the UK. Sure, I've stayed here for the jacket-wearing opportunities so far but even that won't detain me for ever.

having lived in Athens for exactly 20 years I still feel it like a sort of home town to me. The last years due to the crisis the city has changed though - to the worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner