Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please have a look at my Aero 1930s halfbelt specs

mexl916

New in Town
Thanks for your remarks!

Concerning the leather:
I wanted to express that they should choose the softest hide they have out of the regular FQHH stuff.
I've reworked the leather specs (do you think it's clearer now?):

Leather
- Heavy Front Quarter Horsehide
- Leather color: Brown (the regular stuff not vintage or tumbled)
- Color should be a rich dark brown (no russet), something like dark chocolate or roasted coffee beans would be nice
- Please select the softest regular FQHH hide

Concerning the pockets:
Tonypal is right with the pocket question. I wanted to place the inside pocket on the opposite side of the outside chest pocket. I'm thinking the outside pocket should be placed on the left side for optical reasons. I can't say why but I think it looks a bit weird when the single outside pocket is placed on the right side. Therefore I've to place the inside pocket on the right side (although the left side would be more practical as I'm right-handed).

Concerning the leather-lined sleeves:
I've asked Holly for leather-lined sleeves and she said this is no problem for the 1930s halfbelt.

Concerning the lining:
Holly mentioned that the olive gabardine will be available again (at the moment they are searching for a new vendor of this stuff). As Aero has wating times around 6 months at the moment, I'm hoping that the olive gabardine stuff will be on stock then.
I've intended exactly what Rudie is saying: I'm wanting the pocket linings being sturdy but still light. That's why I have chosen gabardine for the pockets and moleskin for the handwarmer pockets and not curduroy for all pockets (which I wanted first...).

Sounds very good to me Mexl916..! Very important to get the fit right..then you're good to go! Sleeve length and body length is crucial,of course. Is this your first Aero jacket..?
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24