Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two Gun Bob

One of the Regulars
That's one sharp Whippet, Jack - congratulations!

Here's another one...

whippet.jpg

Colby Jack said:
Here's my new 7X Whippet...

060708_162900.jpg

060708_162501.jpg

I am pretty darn satisfied...Now to work on provenance...:D ;)..
What do Douglas and Art think?

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Nigel said:
but it is a hat;) I won this Stetson Diamond Jim 8X straw in near mint condition. This hat arrived yesterday (sorry no pics with it on my head yet). I have been looking at this or the Resistol Big Spender as an everyday summer hat when I espied this on eBay with a BIN of $20 so I pulled the trigger, glad I did too. Great lightweight straw ideal for everyday use. Good timing too, when I arrived at work on the morning after buying this hat, I found my truck had been broken in to and the only thing stolen was my el cheapo straw Bangora and hat holder:mad: probably for the novelty value as nobody around these parts wears these hats except for me, should be easy to spot in a crowd.
c440_1.JPG

d00d_1.JPG

dc33_1.JPG

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

$20 BIN? Who could argue with that?

I'd love to get a nice straw like that myself....

Woodfluter

Practically Family
b17sam@hotmail. said:

Wow, some change in your hat, but even more interesting is what I see in your eyes...same fire is there, but also a glimpse of things terrible to relate, I suspect.

Thanks for the pictures, and more than that, thank you for the service to my country, shortly before I was born. I appreciate what you and others of my father's generation did.

- Bill

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
It's what they call a fixer-upper!

Got this one because no one else bid on it. Allegedly an Adam Executive, it's seen better days. I bid on it due to the color of the felt. Of course, I don't exactly need another fixer-upper; I've got a bunch right now that are demanding my attention. Ah, well... here it is.

AdamExecutivegreenvelourfixer-up-1.jpg

AdamExecutivegreenvelourfixer-upper.jpg

Now the question is how long will it sit before I get around to trying to do anything with it? :eek:

Regards,
Tom

Stoney

Practically Family
Wowie!

Hey Nick that is an awesome looking Lee hat. I noticed that it says "Lee Light"
on the sweatband. The first of those I've seen. I'm supposing that is in reference to a lightweight body.

Congrats on the e-Bay lid.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

P.S.

I've reblocked the lid that you mailed me, but still have not finished it off.
I'll send some photos when it is done.

Wow, Nick, you scored what can only be called a great deal. That hat in that condition and that size could easily fetch three or four times what you paid. It's a beaut.

And Tango Yankee ... what are your plans for that green thing? I think I recall you alluding to having acquired some hatter's equipment. So you've joined the ranks? I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it. That lid certainly presents an opportunity for something special.

GWD

One Too Many
The Stetson Zephyr Weight Weekender has Arrived!

This is from johnnyphi's auction.

This hat is unbelievably light! It will take any dry crease you give it and it will hold, just be careful putting on your head or you will change the bash! It's almost too soft!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Thanks again John for the great opportunity to buy these hats!

Selentino

One of the Regulars
GWD.
That's a darn nice hat! I'm jealous Johnny has has some 7 1/2s I would love to purchase but new members can't bid. I hope the hat looks great on you.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Selentino said:
GWD.
That's a darn nice hat! I'm jealous Johnny has has some 7 1/2s I would love to purchase but new members can't bid. I hope the hat looks great on you.

The heck they can't bid:D I think you only need 15 posts Selentino. I'm a new guy also and was allowed to bid on those babies:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen