Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GWD

One Too Many
Selentino said:
GWD.
That's a darn nice hat! I'm jealous Johnny has has some 7 1/2s I would love to purchase but new members can't bid. I hope the hat looks great on you.

I don't think that is true, I think you just need to have enough posts under your belt, but I don't know how many post that is.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Absolutely beautiful lid, GWD! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I have studied a lot of Stetson liners over time, but I have never seen a Royal Stetson liner like that one. Not only does it appear to be embroidered, but the color scheme is rather unique, as well. Very interesting!

Have you taken a look under the sweat for any tags or imprints that might suggest a price or a date on this lid?

Looks like that Zephyr weight arrived in the nick of time for summer. Enjoy!

Cheers,
JtL

GWD

One Too Many
jimmy the lid said:
Absolutely beautiful lid, GWD! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I have studied a lot of Stetson liners over time, but I have never seen a Royal Stetson liner like that one. Not only does it appear to be embroidered, but the color scheme is rather unique, as well. Very interesting!

Have you taken a look under the sweat for any tags or imprints that might suggest a price or a date on this lid?

Looks like that Zephyr weight arrived in the nick of time for summer. Enjoy!

Cheers,
JtL

You're right it is embroidered! Nothing under the sweat except the re-order number.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great hat, GWD.

Selentino said:
GWD.
That's a darn nice hat! I'm jealous Johnny has has some 7 1/2s I would love to purchase but new members can't bid. I hope the hat looks great on you.

I think as long as you have a minimum number of posts and money that is green you can hop right in. Good luck!

frijoli

One of the Regulars
Tango Yankee said:
Got this one because no one else bid on it.

AdamExecutivegreenvelourfixer-up-1.jpg

AdamExecutivegreenvelourfixer-upper.jpg

Regards,
Tom

I was watching this because of the color, but don't know enough about hats. I do love that color.
Clay

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
tonyb said:
And Tango Yankee ... what are your plans for that green thing? I think I recall you alluding to having acquired some hatter's equipment. So you've joined the ranks? I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it. That lid certainly presents an opportunity for something special.

Tony,

I do have quite a few bits of hatter's equipment; just need to make using it a priority! I'm not sure yet what I'll come up with for it--need to see the felt in person before I can really start to think about ribbon color. Now I'm thinking I should have bought the forest green ribbon I saw on eBay a while back!

Colby Jack, you're right, I should have it done for St Paddy's day--it's perfect for it, and classier than a bright green plastic bowler! :D

Cheers,

Tom

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
GWD said:
This is from johnnyphi's auction.

This hat is unbelievably light! It will take any dry crease you give it and it will hold, just be careful putting on your head or you will change the bash! It's almost too soft!

Very nice, GWD!

I've got a Royal Stetson Week-ender, and I know that Douglas has one as well. While mine is light, it's not a Zephyr Weight. It also has the same logo as yours in the crown but printed, not embroidered, with different colors. The ribbon is a dark purple. It's not anything near pristine as yours is, but it is one of my favorite hats! I'm sure you're going to really enjoy wearing that one...

Congrats on your win!

Tom

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the feedback guys. I just checked and I can play now. Last time I tried I was locked out. I sent MK a message and he told me I needed more posts. I may have been drooling and not looking at the bottom of the page to see if I was unlocked. If this is so ......sorry MK
Now where did I hide those emergency hat funds:D

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
GWD... The hat is a beauty, but the question is...

Does she fit?!?!?!

Also, when the hat belonged to me, I never noticed how the sweatband is sewn into the hat. It looks like a cross between a reeded sweatband and a those that are sewn directly to the felt. How would you describe the technique?

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Selentino said:
Thanks for the feedback guys. I just checked and I can play now. Last time I tried I was locked out. I sent MK a message and he told me I needed more posts. I may have been drooling and not looking at the bottom of the page to see if I was unlocked. If this is so ......sorry MK
Now where did I hide those emergency hat funds:D

Glad you can get in on the action Selentino. Those are some great hats.:)

GWD

One Too Many
johnnyphi said:
Does she fit?!?!?!

Also, when the hat belonged to me, I never noticed how the sweatband is sewn into the hat. It looks like a cross between a reeded sweatband and a those that are sewn directly to the felt. How would you describe the technique?

She fits like a glove, if that's possible for a hat! The sweatband is sewn directly into the hat.

Thanks again johhny!!!! :D

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Stony, can't wait to see how it's turned out :)

Tonyb, I was suprised. I set my max bid and went to bed, fully expecting to be outbid during the night lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes