Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Waffle...Lookin' good!...Dave...Your wife looks wonderful!...Now don't let her talk to Deelovely...she'll learn to outbuy you in hats!:D
Waffle...where in Miami are you?

waffle

One of the Regulars
Colby Jack said:
Waffle...where in Miami are you?

thanks! I'm located in the great city of Hialeah.. which is just north of Miami.

I think I'm the only one around these parts to be interested in fedoras... it's a good thing I don't care what other people think. :D

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:
Canadian Fisheries Cap c.1958
IMG_7723.jpg

Better watch out wearing the Crown there Dinerman ...next thing they might start not inviting your to tea parties in Bawston....:D :eek: lol

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
waffle said:
thanks! I'm located in the great city of Hialeah.. which is just north of Miami.

I think I'm the only one around these parts to be interested in fedoras...

Which is a real shame, wasn't there a famous horse racing track in your town? Probably saw millions of fedoras in it's heyday..."progress" BAH!

waffle

One of the Regulars
rmrdaddy said:
Which is a real shame, wasn't there a famous horse racing track in your town? Probably saw millions of fedoras in it's heyday..."progress" BAH!

yup! i've seen pictures of it from back in the day.. and it really was a beautiful place.. it's closed and all run down now. it's a big piece of local history that a lot of people overlook. It's pretty cool that you've heard of it though..

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
lincoln1965 said:
Do you prefer vintage or new fedoras?

Can't go wrong with Dobbs!

I like both vintage and new. There are several discussion around here somewhere about the pros and cons of each. Custom hatters can make a hat that's as good and in some cases better than what used to come out of the hat factories, but their are facets to vintage hats that you can't buy anymore. Either way you choose is usually a winner.

Brad

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
New late-1950s Mallory I picked up off Ebay. It's a 7 1/8" Long Oval. I gave it an IJ-style bash.

This would have (should have) been the hat IJ would have worn in the late 1950s. ;)

IJMallory002.jpg

IJMallory001.jpg

IJMallory003.jpg

Stoney

Practically Family
David Conwill said:
My wife's new hat. It's a deadstock Dobbs Gotham that she spotted in South Carolina and has talked about non-stop since. I got it for her as an early birthday present.

June102008013.jpg

-Dave

David,

That hat looks great on her. It reminds me a bit of one that I own. As a matter of fact, I'm wearing it today.

Capelli-Ravazzi.jpg

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
waffle said:

I think I'm the only one around these parts to be interested in fedoras... it's a good thing I don't care what other people think. :D
Very cool Waffle!...I lived down there years ago...went to Coral Park High school...and Southwest. Used to love going to Calle Ocho parties!...saw Miami Sound machine when they were first starting out. Used to be hat heaven around your area of town!:D

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
thunderw21 said:
This would have (should have) been the hat IJ would have worn in the late 1950s. ;)

Of course, by that time an older Dr. Jones was wedded to the hat style of his youth and like many old timers refused to give up the older style. He had also discovered a custom hatter in Mississippi who would make him hats to his exact specifications, no longer forcing him to rely on the whims of current hat fashions.

Nice lid.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
thunderw21 said:
This would have (should have) been the hat IJ would have worn in the late 1950s.

AlanC said:
Of course, by that time an older Dr. Jones was wedded to the hat style of his youth and like many old timers refused to give up the older style. He had also discovered a custom hatter in Mississippi who would make him hats to his exact specifications, no longer forcing him to rely on the whims of current hat fashions.Nice lid.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap lol lol lol lol

waffle

One of the Regulars
Colby Jack said:
Very cool Waffle!...I lived down there years ago...went to Coral Park High school...and Southwest. Used to love going to Calle Ocho parties!...saw Miami Sound machine when they were first starting out. Used to be hat heaven around your area of town!:D

haha, pretty cool. I went to Braddock, not sure if you know of that highschool, but I guess that makes you and me rivals :rage:

i kid.. i kidd..

anyway, do you know of any good hat stores/shops around here?? i haven't been able to find any.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Sorry waffle...I haven't been back since '86...but maybe if ya go down to Lincoln Road mall area...they may have something left there[huh]
IC...I saw K.C. and the Sunshine Band at grad night...:eek: :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou