Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lincoln1965

New in Town
Wonderful Hat!

Stoney said:
I just received this from an OFAS auction this week. A Knox Forty in light tan with a chocolate ribbon. This hat is everything that I had hoped it would be. It was nearly pristine when I received it, only some light soiling to the front of the brim which came off easily with a small wipe of denatured alcohol. Now it really looks as good as it did when new. As expected the felt is fantastic. It takes any crease you care to make with no moisture and returns to open crown with no ill effects, of course no tight pinches! I swapped lids for this one as we were planning a trip to Red Robin for burgers.

BurgerNight.jpg

Knox_Forty-2.jpg

Looks Good on You!!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
baileyqf0.png

My old Bailey. Soaked it and took out the banged up cattleman crease and threw a c-crown in it. Got some of the kinks and character out of the brim. Still needs some work and some cleaning. This hasn't been on my head in over 11 years![huh]

cookie

I'll Lock Up
handlebar bart said:
baileyqf0.png

My old Bailey. Soaked it and took out the banged up cattleman crease and threw a c-crown in it. Got some of the kinks and character out of the brim. Still needs some work and some cleaning. This hasn't been on my head in over 11 years![huh]

You would be looking good in the Northern Teritory with that titfer Bart...

indycop

I'll Lock Up
handlebar bart said:
baileyqf0.png

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
handlebar bart said:
baileyqf0.png

Kind of like an old friend. :)

I don't think the Borsalino is very old, but without handling it, it's hard to tell.

The Mayser looks pretty old. They made some damn fine hats. I really like the double stitched overwelt. Maybe late 40s. Or earlier? Or later? Very similar to some of the hats in middle 50s Jules Dassin movies. Plastic in the liner might speak to post-WWII dating? Is that a plastic liner top?

bk

I believe it's made of cellulose. Almost oil-clothy. After wear - and in most vintage hats - it goes yellow and brittle and flakes all over your hair; scares the girls away.

That probably means it's older rather than younger. If you know what i mean.

Must post some of my new hats around here. I've stopped buying from the internet, so they're fewer and further between … and sadly more expensive … therefore even fewer and even further between. Only 4 new in the last year or so.

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic