Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DRB

One Too Many
D'guy, I just bought another Cavanagh edged 5" crown and 2 1/8" brim from Gary White. Nutmeg color (light tan). That's 3 that he owes me. I really like that Dark Olive Cavanagh. It looks dark brown inside my house. Outside and in fluorescent lighting it turns to a very very dark green. Cool.

Alex

Practically Family
Well, this is the first wide-brimmed hat I've bought, so I'm still a bit self-conscious. I'll just need to get used to it.

It's a Mallory Twenty in absolutely immaculate condition — even the bow on the sweat is still fluffy. I can only assume that it's never been worn before.

5416804115_e7b9bb0d9c_b.jpg

5417414668_5431c662d3_b.jpg

5417413850_a640f38028_b.jpg

5416801827_4262229378_b.jpg

5417375312_d4e97723bf_b.jpg

I really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to dating hats, but I figure that this hat can't have been made any later than the mid-50s.

That is an amazing Mallory. An awesome find, and looks good on ya.

Chinaski

One Too Many
Mr. Cumberworth:

If that is your first wide-brimmed hat, it may well be all downhill from here. That is positively Pavlovian in its ability to make a hatophiliac salivate! Beautiful Mallory, and believe it or not, it looks great on your noggin. Congratulations!

Bernie Zack

One of the Regulars
Bernie, I am going to sell it. Dang it. . . . I'm selling a hat when I get back that has a true story to it. If it isn't a one of a kind, there are very few of them still in existence. I even talked to the people who who currently are affiliated with this entity and their own historian and librarian told me that they know these hats exist, but even she had never seen one. I'm selling it. It doesn't fit. I'm probably crazy and I will likely regret it if I live to be an old man. But heck with it. Crazed moment subdued now. ;)

Good luck in the "biggest little city!" I sent you my e-mail address via e-mail, so I hope to hear from you soon -- not only with the sale info, but also about the hat with a story. You've peaked my interest!

I'm new to the fedora hat world, so pardon my questions if they sound dumb. Did you craft the crown like that yourself, or is that how it arrived to you? I am a big fan of that, I think you call it "pinch?" Very nice.

I did myself. The felt on this Borsa is very maliable so you can crease, dent and pinch anyway you like.

Bourne ID

One of the Regulars
Love that green Mallory up there, everything I have is so stingy brimmed...but those wide brims look soooo good! I've got to find one, maybe if you guys would stay out of the Bay for awhile and let me fish!!!!

DRB

One Too Many
Hey Bernie, yes it does! So much eye candy and information here.

S_M_Cumberworth: I would really like to see a picture of you in a smaller crown, so that we can have a comparison. You seem to have a thin stature, as do I, and I look differently when wearing hats that are not low crowned. Do you have any other pictures of smaller crowns to post for comparison?
That is a quality hat that you are sporting. The gray looks great with that outfit.

fmw

One Too Many
My new Scala "jazz" Pork Pie
P2052996.jpg

P2052995.jpg

Looks great. Actually, the pork pie is my favorite style of hat. My problem is that my wife hates them. My Resistol pork pie has been at Optimo for cleaning, blocking and sweat band. It should be here early next week. My wife hasn't seen it yet. Fingers are crossed.

Received two hats in the mail yesterday... first, a black Elosegui boina Super Lujo beret from Daan in New Zealand. I've had a warm spot for berets since my art school days when I carried a small beret and a big attitude. 8^) This is my first bandless beret. It sure feels good and makes no headlines.

Second is a fedora from little remembered Barrister... a bit of FL talk on this brand here. It's actually quite a nice small company hat made with good quality felt. Liner is taped rather than sewn. The hat arrived with a handsome JTL style teardrop bash - in very good condition save for a bit of tonic stain on the liner. The color is mauve, aubergine gray...

elosegui3.jpg

elosegui2.jpg

barrister4.jpg

barrister3.jpg

barrister2.jpg

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick