Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Second is a fedora from little remembered Barrister... a bit of FL talk on this brand here. It's actually quite a nice small company hat made with good quality felt. Liner is taped rather than sewn. The hat arrived with a handsome JTL style teardrop bash - in very good condition save for a bit of tonic stain on the liner. The color is mauve, aubergine gray...

Another elegant hat. You're very good at picking them.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Hat Jack abuse

5419739682_aef817ee98_b.jpg
5419737532_b21e612478_b.jpg

Bulges under the lower 2/3 of the ribbon too.

S_M_Cumberworth

One of the Regulars
Hey Bernie, yes it does! So much eye candy and information here.

S_M_Cumberworth: I would really like to see a picture of you in a smaller crown, so that we can have a comparison. You seem to have a thin stature, as do I, and I look differently when wearing hats that are not low crowned. Do you have any other pictures of smaller crowns to post for comparison?
That is a quality hat that you are sporting. The gray looks great with that outfit.

Certainly.

5419860220_2eed17ef95_b.jpg

5419861178_64c4fd22a0_b.jpg

I am rather thin, and the two hats imbue me with two rather different characters.

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
the photo on top gives a much stronger vintage 60's vibe with the glasses and stingy; and in a way suits you better. But i like the wider brimmed Mallory myself as it looks sharper.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
All Norwalk today--Cavanagh wide brim

5419908140_1a44d006f5_z.jpg
5419306279_fc907a73ca_z.jpg

5-5/8" x 2-11/16+". Yes, thats a Cellophane clear liner protector on a 40's hat--not the later soft plastic. I wonder how many hats had these and they just didn't survive. Has a deep center crease and deep front pinches and does not desire to be snapped-nor does it show signs that it was. Color is Chocolate.

Last edited:

Bernie Zack

One of the Regulars
the photo on top gives a much stronger vintage 60's vibe with the glasses and stingy; and in a way suits you better. But i like the wider brimmed Mallory myself as it looks sharper.

If I may be so bold as to weigh in on the subject - both look good, but I think the wider brim hat looks better on you.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Picked these up today. A Resistol and a Bergshire. The Bergshire seems to be quite old. Also got another nice triple box and another stretcher.

B

saturday.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
Buler: 3 hat box, great find. Both hats look in great shape. My favorite is the black. Is the black one the Bergshire?

buler

I'll Lock Up
Buler: 3 hat box, great find. Both hats look in great shape. My favorite is the black. Is the black one the Bergshire?

Thanks, yes the black one is the Bergshire. You can see more pics and detail in the "Pre 40s Dress hats" thread.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou