Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I picked up this little Borsalino "Riviera" a little while back pretty cheap. I'm wondering if this is not a ladies hat? It's too small for me and my wife isn't into it so I'll probably stick it up on the classifieds soon.
IMG_0597.jpg

It is one of the lightest hats I have ever held.
The sweatband is leather but covered in some satin-like material
IMG_0598.jpg

It's kinda furry and has neat stitching on the brim
IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

"Riviera"
IMG_0604.jpg

I have no idea what M. Grisfer is...
IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

I picked up this little Borsalino "Riviera" a little while back pretty cheap. I'm wondering if this is not a ladies hat? It's too small for me and my wife isn't into it so I'll probably stick it up on the classifieds soon.
It is one of the lightest hats I have ever held.
The sweatband is leather but covered in some satin-like material
It's kinda furry and has neat stitching on the brim
"Riviera"
I have no idea what M. Grisfer is...

Is the felt loop on the left (men's bows on left)? I have seen / had similar style Borsolinos but not with the satin covered sweatband.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I have to say I'm really excited about this new arrival from the electronic bay! It's a Mallory "torino quality" and the font of the logo (not photographed yet) makes me think it was probably from the early 1960s, just before Stetson bought the factory. Needs a good dusting and the oval is currently being lengthened, but here she is:
025pa.jpg
[/IMG]

I may actually [gasp] leave the feather in this one. Maybe.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Thanks-- I think I'm crossing my wires. Did that factory close altogether in 1964-65? Here's a photo from the ebay listing:

[/IMG]

The Mallory factory closed in 1965. In 1968 it was reopened as the Danbury Hat Company. In Dec 1987 it was closed for good.

B

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Well in any case, whether it was made by Mallory before or after Stetson purchased the factory doesn't matter much to me-- I'm totally psyched about this sand colored derby. The very plain font seems to match Mallory ads I happened upon online that appeared to be from the 60s, as opposed to logos from the 40s, etc., that seem to have more of a typewriter-ish character. more like MALLORY.

Peorians

Two Panamas from two different shops in Peoria, IL. Modest weave counts in the 250-400 class - both are in nice condition. The Supernatural fedora has a navy pugaree. Sorry the photo quality isn't better:

last_straws1.jpg

last_straws5.jpg

last_straws4.jpg

last_straws2.jpg

last_straws3.jpg

last_straws6.jpg

The banana was left from lunch... helped to balance the color. My little Canon has a mind of its own when it comes to color.
Dan, no surprises... these came from the same banana tree that we all pick from.

cheers,
Alan

delectans

Call Me a Cab
'30s-'40s Cavanagh Homburg

Alan, a pair of exquisite Panamas, with wonderful patina!

Received this older Cavanagh homburg a few days ago, and it has already become one of my favorite hats!

Additional hat photos in the Cavanagh Club thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou