Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Manfred, Great ribbon on the Hückel New Yorker! Also as you said new condition.

Manfred,

That's a beautiful hat. I'm curious though, what is not complete about the stamp on the sweatband?

Steve and Mike, thanks for the nice comments! The Hat looks indeed, unworn. The sweatband is thick and soft no stains.

Mike, with stamp, I mean the Date stamp on the sweatband. 20. März. 19..
He is not complete. So you can only guess, how old is he. My guess late 50's early 60's

Landman

One Too Many
Manfred,

I understand now. I was looking for something incomplete on the other side of the sweatband. I agree with you on tha date estimate. It looks late 50's to me. Great hat.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
My Hückels New Yorker is arrived. Wonderful Hat, he looks unworn.
The sweatband and liner looks new.. A shame, the stamp in the sweatband is not complete. It's a size 7, 56 and fits perfect!

Manfred, where do keep coming up with those great hats? Amazing condition!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
My Hückels New Yorker is arrived. Wonderful Hat, he looks unworn.
The sweatband and liner looks new.. A shame, the stamp in the sweatband is not complete. It's a size 7, 56 and fits perfect!

Manfred, where do keep coming up with those great hats? Amazing condition!

YES you have the (hat eye) !;)
i really dig the New Yorker...a exceptional hat Chepstow... maybe more pics Head Shot when you can.......
che:cool:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
mikespens and che, thank you, Gentlemen for the nice comments.
Mike, ebay is a Wonderful place for those Hats, especially the german Ebay. This Hat, I won it for 12,50 EUR

Che, thank you, sir. I give that compliment return, you have, the "hat eye" too. Better photos with Hat of my head later.

KC Capellor

One of the Regulars
TPD166, thanks to you for the smokin' deal on the "beater" grade vintage San Antonio.
Arrived quickly and as described: tons of character, well moth nibbled, original cattleman's crease with old fashioned front and rear dents. The felt has fine finish despite age and moth attacks, no grade marked, feels identical to my 3X vintage fedoras. The white silk Byer-Rolnick dress-hat liner and brown Melorol series sweatband are excellent and wind trolley is present and intact - definitely my oldest Resistol yet.
Late 1940's - early 1950's (?) Resistol San Antonio Silver Belly, brim 2 3/4", crown 5 1/2" open, 4 1/4" as creased.
before: (note tan color compared to Silver Belly 3X and Palamino Beaver 35 in background)

after: Gave it my quick teardrop bash with a wet towel and wore it for yard work today to sweat it in:

thanks again to lounger TPD166 for hooking me up with a vintage classic for the cost of postage! Cheers! KC

Doomstein

One of the Regulars
Got my Moonstone Fed IV Standard in the mail. Very nice lid!

IMG-20120712-00938.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou