Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
BR, great hat and caps. Bela und Johnnys cap looks beautiful! My Congrats.

New to me, Echter Mayser Superbe, mid 50s my guess!

maysersuperbe6.jpg

more in the German and Austrian thread.

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
Went to the Dallas Vintage Clothing and Jewelry Show today and got two hats and two ties, but since this is a hat thread, I won't talk about the ties.

The first is a 1950s Champ.

When I bought it, it had a disgusting brown crust on the plastic liner cover, but I managed to clean it off, and it seems okay now.

The second is a Knox Twenty Homburg in mint condition.

The box actually came with the Champ, but I'm keeping the Knox in it since it is a Knox box.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Manfred, That is a beautiful Echter Mayser Superbe. The brim curl almost gives it a western look.

Conelrad, Great finds. Unfortunately, I have very poor luck finding size 7 1/2" in vintage shops.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Just arrived yesterday...My Chocolate Brown Vintage 4X Beaver Resistol "Stagecoach" Fedora...bashed teardrop 5' inch crown in the front to 4' in the back...2 3/4 wide raw edge brim...flawless throughout....

resistol01.jpg

resistol02.jpg

resistol03.jpg

resistol04.jpg

resistol05.jpg

resistol07.jpg

resistol08.jpg

resistol06.jpg

resistol10.jpg

mynewhat02.jpg

Last edited:

Richard Allen Crook

New in Town
Another visit to the Stetson (Hatco) Outlet in Garland, Tx got me a Stetson Stratoliner Straw. Worked outside the last two days in sunny Texas and this made a huge difference!

image.jpg

image.jpg

LonnieW

New in Town
New Hat

Picked up my new Standard Hat Works hat yesterday and couldn't be happier. 10X with 2.75" brim and 5" crown. The ribbon is vintage 6 ply.

aylzdg.jpg

34rvibs.jpg

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just arrived yesterday...My Chocolate Brown Vintage 4X Beaver Resistol "Stagecoach" Fedora...bashed teardrop 5' inch crown in the front to 4' in the back...2 3/4 wide raw edge brim...flawless throughout....
mynewhat02.jpg

Hi

Love the color, love the shape, looks great on you, but I'm not a fan of the ribbon, what' the deal that replaces the bow? Over course, I'm a bit on the traditional side...

Later

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks MJS...I definitely agree with you...I would have preferred a gross grain ribbon and bow as well...the hat actually started out as Cowboy hat with a thin 3/8 ribbon before it was modified into a fedora...the guy who modified it did an excellent job with the hat...it's flawless through out...If I keep it, I may send it to a hatter and have a gross grain ribbon and bow put on it...definitely agree with you there.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
My apologies for a long post...

Lennox Hat Co. Derby. I am not sure on what this hat could date to, but the seller believed early 1900s. I really enjoy the crown vent.

The sweat reads,
"THE LENNOX CO.
Boutez En Avant
EXTRA QUALITY
".

A google search shows that 'Boutez En Avant' was the the battle cry of the original armory, meaning, Charge! It is found in the Upper East Side of NY , and was built in 1895 as the 94th Street Armory to be home to the infantry. The wall plaque/mount on the building says '1889 - 1894', so can this be from when this hat was made?

The seller also said the Lennox shot was ruined in the early 1900s due to a fire, but what destroyed the factory was the water damage that came after the blaze was put out. Any info on this company would be helpful, as I can't seem to find anything.

d110.jpg

d210.jpg

d310.jpg

09610.jpg

1940s Stetson Special in next post...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner