Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Putting it all together

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
GoneSolo said:
What color pants would go with this? Should I just look for a similar shade of gray/blue? Any idea on age?

Dark gray or dark blue? My feeling's always been that if you can't match the fabric in weave & weight & color EXACTLY (virtually impossible unless it's all bought at the same time), go with a contrast. Getting something "close" to the original generally sticks out like a sore thumb as mis-matched.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
That vest would look good with a louder country suit or sports coat if it's a rougher fabric. The suit looks pretty late 30's/early 40's. Somebody consult Baron Kurtz...he knows his 30's, 40's SB cuts like no other.

Outbid me, would ya! A sure sign that subconsciusly i know the wardrobe is too full already when i let these things slip away . . . This was a nice set. Pity no trousers.

I'd go late 30s on that one. Hard to tell.

As for what to go with re. trousers. As SJ said, solid black might work. I seemed to detect a hint of glen urquhart plaid from the close-up photos in the auction. This will make it even harder to get something to match.

bk

:eek:fftopic: The *long* pointed collar. Unfortunately this shirt is unwearable due to tons and tons of moth holes. But a nice historical artefact all the same . . .

30sCollar.jpg

bk

JamesT1

Familiar Face
:eek: That looks almost exactly like the outfit I was wearing yesterday! The only difference being my shirt was not striped, my tie was light grey PoW and I did not have gloves on inside.

That may be the strangest thing I have seen all day/week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo