Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quatermaster Inspector's B-10

mihai

A-List Customer
I've been considering also this:
http://doursoux.com/en/blousons-wwii/503-flying-jacket-b10.html

Anybody had this brand?

They also have some other interesting ones :
http://doursoux.com/en/blousons-wwii/677-b15-popeline-jacket.html
http://doursoux.com/en/blousons-wwii/7-flyght-jacket-b15.html
http://doursoux.com/en/home/1762-b-.html

dont't know what's the difference between the first 2, or between all 3 from the pattern pov

The jackets don't look bad but their presentation is poor at the best. They lack precise sizing, fit information, more detailed pictures, info about the materials, pattern.
I wrote them but I got no reply. Sorry but I won't blindly spend 200 euros on something that might not fit the way I want, having a way-off pattern, materials. And for even 100 euros more they should offer the option to have a real wool lining instead of some polar fleece to get boiled inside it.
They seem to be located close to Paris (several hundreds of km for me). Perhaps I'll visit them if possible on the next travel occasion to Paris.

Last edited:

mihai

A-List Customer
I was interested in QMI's B10 as well, but I never hear anything from them, also, it seems to me that their jacket runs large in size?
Yes, it seems so. I usually wear 42 or M, in A2, G1 for a vintage fit. Accoding to QMI B-10 size charts I'd need a Small for this kind of fit. So yes, about a size bigger. The same goes with Noble House jackets sizing.
I was thinking of driving to QMI and have a look at B-10, A-2 and jeans. However it seems to me that their B-10 is off from original patter by a large margin.
Can others confirm?

Last edited:

Wingsken

New in Town
Yes, it seems so. I usually wear 42 or M, in A2, G1 for a vintage fit. Accoding to QMI B-10 size charts I'd need a Small for this kind of fit. So yes, about a size bigger. The same goes with Noble House jackets sizing.
I was thinking of driving to QMI and have a look at B-10, A-2 and jeans. However it seems to me that their B-10 is off from original patter by a large margin.
Can others confirm?

Hi,

I recently recieved a b10 from qmi (i also have a tanker) and to be honest, im not to happy with it. The cuffs are very flimsy, thin, the sleeves are very wide at the wrist. Its like they just put a cilinder as sleeves.
The lining is thick and feels warm so does the collar.
Im 6ft tall and bought an xl (they advertise to buy 1 size larger) and shoulderwise it was perfect, but very short in body length and very boxy (ive never seen an original so i have no clue as to how a genuine one looks like)
It feels very well made, its a heavy jacket.
Ihope this clarifies a bit for you guys.

zhz

Practically Family
WOW, finally. Thanks very much Wingsken.
The B10 and Tanker is designed as a short, boxy jacket. Since I don't know how it looks on you, so can't tell if it is right or not.

From your review, it sounds like a ok jacket, would you mind to post some detailed pictures? For both B10 and Tanker you own? That would be a great help for many people here.

Hi,

I recently recieved a b10 from qmi (i also have a tanker) and to be honest, im not to happy with it. The cuffs are very flimsy, thin, the sleeves are very wide at the wrist. Its like they just put a cilinder as sleeves.
The lining is thick and feels warm so does the collar.
Im 6ft tall and bought an xl (they advertise to buy 1 size larger) and shoulderwise it was perfect, but very short in body length and very boxy (ive never seen an original so i have no clue as to how a genuine one looks like)
It feels very well made, its a heavy jacket.
Ihope this clarifies a bit for you guys.

Wingsken

New in Town
Ill post some when im at home, the tanker i have for a year or 2 already and have taken it various ww2 sites along the world. it has taken a beating but is holding on very well. The garments are china made.
I like the tanker jacket because its almost impossible to get it dirty during everyday work wear and its a comfortable jacket. The cuffs are thicker than the b10 and the sleeves are more fitting.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
Ill post some when im at home, the tanker i have for a year or 2 already and have taken it various ww2 sites along the world. it has taken a beating but is holding on very well. The garments are china made.
I like the tanker jacket because its almost impossible to get it dirty during everyday work wear and its a comfortable jacket. The cuffs are thicker than the b10 and the sleeves are more fitting.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yes...we are all waiting for some 8X10 glossy's!

Wingsken

New in Town
Well, heres the b10 jacket:

The lining as you can see is a very soft alpaca (they state it is, feels like a teddybear)

Here is the tanker:

A wool acrylic blend liner and cuffs. Its not as warm as you would think it is (seeing its beeing advertised as a winter, jacket, combat). So layering is required. I have put it next to a genuine one and there isnt alot of difference on first sight.

Here is the cuff comparison. On the right is the tanker with the more heavy cuffs and on the left the b10. The cuffs turtle neck alot on the b10.
The outer shell fabric is made of 100% cotton on both jackets and they both feel very qualitative. The b10 feels more solid, but thats due to the liner.

I havent used the B10 yet as i am either going to send it back or sell it so i dont know how warm it is. Also cause it is so short, it rides up my back pretty high so all the cold air would go in via the back.

If you have any questions about it (specific pics) now is the time to ask, before i send it back or sell it. there arent any pics of me wearing it cause i was alone and its not really flattering.

zhz

Practically Family
Thank you very much, very helpful review. The tanker looks like a good repro. What zipper does it use?

Well, heres the b10 jacket:

The lining as you can see is a very soft alpaca (they state it is, feels like a teddybear)

Here is the tanker:

A wool acrylic blend liner and cuffs. Its not as warm as you would think it is (seeing its beeing advertised as a winter, jacket, combat). So layering is required. I have put it next to a genuine one and there isnt alot of difference on first sight.

Here is the cuff comparison. On the right is the tanker with the more heavy cuffs and on the left the b10. The cuffs turtle neck alot on the b10.
The outer shell fabric is made of 100% cotton on both jackets and they both feel very qualitative. The b10 feels more solid, but thats due to the liner.

I havent used the B10 yet as i am either going to send it back or sell it so i dont know how warm it is. Also cause it is so short, it rides up my back pretty high so all the cold air would go in via the back.

If you have any questions about it (specific pics) now is the time to ask, before i send it back or sell it. there arent any pics of me wearing it cause i was alone and its not really flattering.

mihai

A-List Customer
@Wingsken thanks for the input

Based on the provided pictures it seems to me that QMI B-10 is the same as Spearhead's B-10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff