Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the tip Matt, I finally got to an A&F store monday and picked up a pair of those trousers. But you were not kidding on the size, I had to go down to a 30 (took me back to my college days). They only had the light color left, but there are several other A&F stores to check in metro Houston, I really want a pair of the darker colors too.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
"Old Town/Tin House" pops up quite frequently around these parts.
A few FL members have clothing from Old Town and I can say from experience, that the quality and styling are excellent. The price may be too much for some, especially with the rate of exchange being what it is- but there is nothing comparible on the market.

B
T

Salv

One Too Many
There's a thread here.

The search fuction doesn't seem to work very well - a search for more than one word does an OR search i.e. old OR town and returns every single occurence of either word. Even using a '&' sign, a '+' sign or the word AND between search terms doesn't work. I've tried old & town, old&town, old + town, old+town, old AND town,"old town", 'old town' and they all pull up old OR town...

Anyway - I love Old Town...

cowboy76

Suspended
Anyone making reasonably priced 1940s repro workwear?

Hello, I was wondering,...anyone making late 1930s-1940s workwear reproductions? I've heard of a rediculously high-priced Japanese company now producing reproductioin denim wear,....was hoping maybe there's a bit of news I just haven't heard yet???

thanks fellas!

Rooster

Practically Family
I have a pair of Prison Blues jeans with the suspender buttons. Tough as nails and comfortable.

dakotanorth

Practically Family
Repro Workwear?

Funny you should mention that, I always wondered if there is a market for vintage-styled coveralls, or something of that nature.

Jp

Miss Roulette

New in Town
Try Tinhouse, although with the exchange rate I don't know how cheap it will work out for you.

The clothes they make are all made in-house in a small town in Norfolk, England and are very well made and hard wearing.

cowboy76

Suspended
Miss Roulette said:
Try Tinhouse, although with the exchange rate I don't know how cheap it will work out for you.

The clothes they make are all made in-house in a small town in Norfolk, England and are very well made and hard wearing.

Oh that's a great site!!! Thanks so much,....damn our horrible exchange rate!!!:eusa_doh:

cowboy76

Suspended
J. M. Stovall said:
Sears and J C Penny's still make work clothes that are virtually the same as what they made starting in the late 30's.

the last time I went to sears for their "Robucks" brand shirts, etc. I was freaked out to find they no longer make "Robucks!!!" What is this world:eusa_doh: coming to!!! Now they carry "craftsman" clothing,..basically a bad rendition of carhartt.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Miss Roulette said:

I LOVE this website! Thanks for sharing! I dont think I can afford it right now, but it certainly looks worth it!

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Edward, Customs will be surprised when enter with one full suitcase and one empty suitcase. Of course you'll leave with two overstuffed suitcases. lol

Sincerely,
The Wolf

pablocham

One of the Regulars
Bill's Khakis cost about the same as the Buzz Rickson Khakis. Actually cheaper if you order several pair directly from Hinoya or Mil-Mil. The difference is that the Rickson's are indistinguishable from originals and made from better fabric with correct buttons and markings.

If you really want reasonably priced, why not just buy Dickies? Poly/cotton, but still pretty classic. Also, did anybody mention Carhartt, Pointer, Round House, and Key, who all make relatively cheap workwear that is pretty much the same as the old stuff?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21