Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

s_crumb

Familiar Face
I've actually found a vintage shop downtown. Which is odd since there is no room for anything but the newest here. But it's mostly a college age hipster, let's throw everything on and have a goofy outfit. But it was refreshing to see some individuality. Korea is incredibly homogeneous/conservative. They have a saying here, "The nail that sticks up gets hammered." So it's best to blend in. The shop workers stared at my wife and I...hard. Studying our clothes and they followed us around the entire shop....very unnerving....picking up and trying on the things that we were interested in.

So life for a vintage enthusiast here? Lot's of Ebay/Etsy. :)

Feraud

Bartender
A new one. 100% cotton and comfortable.
1262131045.jpg

mike

Call Me a Cab
Very nice Michael! How much? Can you take a close up shot of the buttons?

There are some nice new blue plaid chinstrapped work shirts at the Levi's Store right now for $60. I didn't get one, but plan on stopping back in a month or so hoping to find them on sale.

mike

Call Me a Cab
alden405 said:
I got some of the cushman chinstrap shirts from rocking John Lofgren at Speedway,worth every penny

Nice! Are they the flannel ones? I have one too! Incredible stuff and a world apart in regards to finally someone nailing a 30's-styled collar!!

alden405

A-List Customer
thats the one,i think the J slang is hebi neru?

awesome,slim torso,high armpits and tough as nails

ive worn them of and on thru the crummy Melbourne summer

i also laid down some $ on one of his cushman henleys

it costs a lot to look like a 30s workman but.................................................

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mike said:
There are some nice new blue plaid chinstrapped work shirts at the Levi's Store right now for $60. I didn't get one, but plan on stopping back in a month or so hoping to find them on sale.
It takes forever for Levi's to put their stuff on sale, but all of the shirts from Winter are 50% off now! There are 4 different plaid (same cut and style, but different plaids) chinstrap shirts, but even the other plaid flannels seem to be based on vintage styles. I got one with a single pleated chest pocket and a rounded sort of club collar.
Their Spring stuff has also just started coming in and it looks good! There's an engineer striped jacket with a knit collar that I'll be keeping my eye on for the next few months!

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Target has some chin strap shirts in the Converse one star section, they dont have a picture online but they are blue or grey denim, two pockets one with flap and the shirt goes for 24.99,

Doug C

Practically Family
Wow Target's website shows a great looking, very traditional looking workshirt from converse one star on their website that has the traditional pockets (no flaps) and is only $17.48 (super cheap)... comes in blue and diesel (I wish there was a picture of the diesel color)... it's made of linen[55%] and cotton. So I imagine this one would be nice in the summer months and look quite abit like real chambrey. It's called a Farrel Woven shirt. Has anyone here bought one of these ? I'm on the verge I think, I doubt even converse could mess up this classic design.

Doug C

Dulouz

Familiar Face
Nick Charles said:
Target has some chin strap shirts in the Converse one star section, they dont have a picture online but they are blue or grey denim, two pockets one with flap and the shirt goes for 24.99,
Darn! You beat me to it.

There is another denim-ish workstyle shirt there. I believe it's by Merona.

marineabilly

A-List Customer
TARGET WORKWEAR CHAMBRAY SHIRT DETAILS

I was out and about today and decided to check out the Converse workshirt and found the light blue color in small at the first Target. It looked really good and fit really well. It's slightly distressed which adds to the coolness. I wear a vintage size 38 and the small was a great fit. I decided to drive another ten miles to another Target and all that was left of the two colors was one sole Medium grey. The Medium fit me like a modern day large. I wanted it to fit so bad. My wife noticed how much I wanted it, so she asked a worker to see if another store had it. Bingo!!! Another Target three miles away had a Small grey and held it for us. It took three stores (all off the 78) and only $27.18 each. Here they are. I'm wearing the grey one with my new shawl collar Pea Coat like the one on Urban Outfitters. The coat is $258 on Urban (online exclusive), but I picked it up for only $130+ on KarmaLoop (holiday sale). It's obvious the word it out, so get them while you can!!!

P1050876.jpg

P1050882.jpg

P1050877.jpg

P1050872.jpg

P1050875.jpg

flat-top

s_crumb said:
I just picked up a new chinstrap chambray from the post office today. I got it from Banana Republic. I have no idea how accurate it is or isn't. The price was right and it's a great shirt. Might be my new favorite.

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?searchCID=25789&pid=710408&scid=710408002&vid=-1
I saw the BR one today in person and it's pretty cool. I've seen the Target ones also they're ok, but H&M has a better one for the same price. It's got kind of a cross-hatch denim look about it, and the pockets and buttons look good.

Doug C

Practically Family
Flattop.. what's H&M, got a link? I'd like to see that shirt. I personally think the Gap one is awesome, I was in there the other day and they've got one with pocket flaps. I thought they were all without flaps at the Gap, but anyway this one looked great and only $45.

Doug C

flat-top

Doug C said:
Flattop.. what's H&M, got a link? I'd like to see that shirt. I personally think the Gap one is awesome, I was in there the other day and they've got one with pocket flaps. I thought they were all without flaps at the Gap, but anyway this one looked great and only $45.

Doug C
H&M( http://www.hm.com/us/#/startns/)
is a mall based super Euro trendy clothing store. It seems like you can't really shop online so alas, no links to the shirt.
The Gap shirts are great and, along with the J Crew, seem to be the most authentic styles you can find at the local mall. Oh and of course the Levis store has great very authentic looking plaid chinstrap shirts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes