Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

marineabilly

A-List Customer
Not having read Flat-Tops post, I went to the Irvine Spectrum tonight and picked up the very Sack Coat for $24. I wear a vintage size 38 and the M fit me perfect!! They have about 3 or 4 more in M only. It looks awesome. It helped that I was wearing my cuffed 201xx, salt & pepper newsboy and vintage salt and pepper penneys chambray to compete the look. Hurry, if your in the area.

marineabilly

A-List Customer
Here are pics of the Levis Sac Coat and other things I picked up tonight (Every one of these items was on sale). The Sack Coat is made of heavy denim. I don't have anything to compare it to with regard to quality, but it's really well made.

Correction: $29.99 not $24.99
P1050924.jpg

P1050926.jpg

P1050928.jpg

P1050929.jpg

P1050931.jpg

Workwear style shirt with black cat eye buttons$20.00:
P1050934.jpg

Dark Brown Herringbone Twill flecked workwear style trousers $20.00:
P1050935.jpg

Dark Brown Herringbone Twill flecked workwear style trousers Closeup:
P1050937.jpg

1930's / 1940's style shawl sweater with period style colors $29.99
P1050938.jpg

1930's / 1940's style button loop Henley $10.00
P1050939.jpg

Doug C

Practically Family
Damd Marineabilly you made out like a bandit, I like all that stuff. But that jacket looks great, well the whole ansamble does too actually. :eusa_clap , the dogs too. I doubt I'll luck out on one of those jackets, I'm nowhere near Irvine and besides it sounds like I need a L but congrats on your the great finds ! Thanks for the pics too.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
marineabilly said:
Not having read Flat-Tops post, I went to the Irvine Spectrum tonight and picked up the very Sack Coat for $24. I wear a vintage size 38 and the M fit me perfect!! They have about 3 or 4 more in M only. It looks awesome. It helped that I was wearing my cuffed 201xx, salt & pepper newsboy and vintage salt and pepper penneys chambray to compete the look. Hurry, if your in the area.
You did good!!! I'm LOVING that sweater and the herringbone trousers!! My local store doesn't have those :(

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
marineabilly said:
And anyone else with a local Levis store, keep your eyes peeled...those markdowns might go an additional percentage off. They were 25% off last weekend!

marineabilly

A-List Customer
flat-top said:
You did good!!! I'm LOVING that sweater and the herringbone trousers!! My local store doesn't have those :(

Yeah, the sweater looks better in person. Looks great with cuffed selvage jeans. I love the trousers, but people... don't run out and get a pair if you're not partial to a skinnier pant. They run small, so you have to size up (I wear a 30, but had to get a 32) and they are skinnier through the legs than people are used to. I guess I have the right build to where I can get a way with it. For the price, though, you can't beat it with a stick.

The Levis Store at the Spectrum also had a couple of great red plaid 30's style hunting vests in M that aren't advertised online. They were on sale for, like, $49. A bit high after I'd already made all the purchases. On Rakuten.co.jp, though, they are selling for $200.00

Edit: The vest is avail on line for $98

The Levi chinstrap workshirt looks pretty good and they also come in red (not advertised online). Again, at $59 I'd feel guilty spending any more than I did when I didn't even expect to have purchased anything at all last night.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!!

Feraud

Bartender
I was eyeballing that hunting vest at the Levi's store last night. It's really nice but I had to pass because I have an older identical Woolrich vest. There is no way I could get that past the wife! ;)

The Levi's store on Lex has a rack of denim jackets. Mostly small and medium sizes with about 4 large mixed into the group. The cut feels slim but it's a cool jacket.

Thanks to flat-top for the tip.

McFarlaneNYC

Familiar Face
Feraud said:
The Levi's store on Lex has a rack of denim jackets. Mostly small and medium sizes with about 4 large mixed into the group. The cut feels slim but it's a cool jacket.

Thanks to flat-top for the tip.
Did you see any 1937 501's there?
I cant seem to find them in the NYC stores.

On the subject of workwear buys in NYC, the J crew store on Broadway and Broome have some great pieces.

Charlie

mattfink

Practically Family
McFarlaneNYC said:
Did you see any 1937 501's there?
I cant seem to find them in the NYC stores.

On the subject of workwear buys in NYC, the J crew store on Broadway and Broome have some great pieces.

Charlie

I assume you mean the LVC version? Levi's doesn't sell LVC in their stores in the US any longer. Best I can recommend is to buy them here:

www.cultizm.com

I hear they are supposed to make a homecoming in the spring of 2010, but rumors always abound where LVC is concerned.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Picked up one of these Converse denim shirts the other day at Target.
51jf67cn-6L._AA260_.jpg
51HBPgYGXvL._AA260_.jpg

I like the styling of it, it has the throat latch collar, and an darting down the back that creates a slimmer look. Also, it has the higher arm holes I like in my shirts which allows the shirt to move with me. It works really well with one of my wool Merona vests I got at Target as well. I just wished I could have picked up one of the hickory striped shirts they had a while back but they ran out of my size in a real hurry. But I'm very well pleased with this one so I may want to get the black version of this shirt.

Cheers!

Dan

marineabilly

A-List Customer
POST O'ALLS

Just purchased this 30's workwear jacket on sale for $165 (originally $330)with free domestic shipping. They only have size S available. I also found a coupon code for $10 store credit by typing "MEMBER" (all caps).

1095.jpg

1095_back.jpg

1095_01.jpg

1095_02.jpg

1095_03.jpg

I also ordered the new Mister Freedom Chino Riders last night from Japan using a Proxy for approx $240'ish shipped. When they go on sale here next week, they'll retail for well over $300 (IMO):
17311431.jpg

img56530977.jpg

img56530978.jpg

mattfink

Practically Family
Marineabilly - I read the chinos are gonna retail for $399...think it was on SF somewhere. Still a lot of cash to pay for chinos, but they are spectacular! Where did you order the Post O'alls jacket from?

marineabilly

A-List Customer
mattfink said:
Marineabilly - I read the chinos are gonna retail for $399...think it was on SF somewhere. Still a lot of cash to pay for chinos, but they are spectacular! Where did you order the Post O'alls jacket from?

Hey Matt. I got them from contextclothing.com. I think they're based out of Wisconson. They have some good workwear and the benni is that they are stateside, so no outrageous shipping.

Yeah, I had to get the chino's for $240. All MF stuff is substantially cheaper there.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Stupid me for opening this thread thinking I'd find clothes I could wear to change my oil or re-roof the house. There is no way I'd work in a $100 shirt and $300 pants, I'd be terrified of wrecking them! Neat looking stuff, though, I wish real work clothes still looked that good.

-Dave

David Conwill said:
Stupid me for opening this thread thinking I'd find clothes I could wear to change my oil or re-roof the house. There is no way I'd work in a $100 shirt and $300 pants, I'd be terrified of wrecking them! Neat looking stuff, though, I wish real work clothes still looked that good.

-Dave

lol lol lol lol If you want that, go to a Ben Davis store. They have made them that way for a long time---1935.
http://www.bendavis.com/catalog.htm
Real work clothes for real jobs. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany