Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Santa came early! New Aero Halfbelt

Aether

One of the Regulars
It has to be said, I've been a very, very good boy this year, and it looks like Santa has rewarded me with an early present...

Aero FQHH Brown 50's Halfbelt with a Heavy Tweed lining.

I'm thrilled with this one. I think Aero have nailed the fit.

P1030521-1.jpg

P1030518-1.jpg

P1030529.jpg

Last edited:

Bonneville

One of the Regulars
I have to agree with you, the fit looks spot on. How tall are you and what size is the jacket?
The jacket looks fab too! You really must have been good!

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Aether,

The jacket looks awesome and it is a great fit.. Have to admit I haven't seen that type of lining before but it looks super.. did you order this through Locharron or somewhere else?

53Effie

A-List Customer
Very, very nice jacket and I agree with the others; the fit looks just right. I'm hoping Santa will surprise me too!

Aether

One of the Regulars
Aether,

The jacket looks awesome and it is a great fit.. Have to admit I haven't seen that type of lining before but it looks super.. did you order this through Locharron or somewhere else?

Thanks Chi-Town,

I fancied something a bit different and asked Amanda if they had any heavier wools or Tweeds. Until the jacket turned up I didn't have a clue what it was like.

It's quite thick and seems to be pretty warm but it is a bit coarse, just what I was looking for!

Aether

One of the Regulars
I have to agree with you, the fit looks spot on. How tall are you and what size is the jacket?
The jacket looks fab too! You really must have been good!

Cheers Bonneville,

I'm 5'10" and the jacket is labelled a 40". I did give my measurements to Amanda, so I guess the standard 40" pattern would have been 'tweaked' a bit?

Cooperson

One Too Many
Nice one Aether, I do like halfbelts and yours looks great - Aero's brown heavy front quarter horse takes some beating. Enjoy!

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
Great idea with the tweed, love it. Warm enough for the current weather?

p.s. i'm a fellow half-belt owner from Surrey, must be quite an exclusive club

Aether

One of the Regulars
Thanks everyone.

Jake, I don't reckon there are too many Aeros around here... lots of Lambskin 'designer' efforts, but you don't often see anyone wearing a nice bit of hide, but we wouldn't want everyone knowing about Aero anyway would we?

The Tweed does seem pretty warm, I've been wearing it non-stop (obviously!) with only a tee and a flannel shirt and I haven't gotten too cold. It is a fair bit thicker than the Lochcarron tartan linings though. Maybe twice as thick?

Dav, check out the Aero Japan website. They have a few different linings (and other bits and bobs) on there: http://aeroleatherclothingjapan.com/gallery?picasaViewAlbumId=PartsDetails,3

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24