Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sarah Jessica Parker - New Fashion Line "Bitten"

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
Gals! Exciting news!

Sarah Jessica Parker fan or not, apparently on June 7th, SJP is launching a new fashion line with nothing over $20 US. The clothes (and shoes, and accessoires) are only available at Steve and Barry's...which I had never heard of, but there are at least 5 in my state. The good news is, she has a lot of classic styles and lines, so its something to look into.

I saw some of the fashions on Oprah, the website doesn't show too many of the clothes...yet.

http://www.bittensjp.com/

I saw a jacket that reminds me of Jackie O' that I will simply HAVE TO HAVE for fall!

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
Oh, and I forgot to mention...they have sizes up to 22W, fyi.

Yes the sailor pants are cute, and they're not showing them, but they have some high waisted jeans too!

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Oh wonderful! There's a store in my local mall and they do have very affordable clothing. I got my dad a winter jacket for under $20 once and I've noticed it's one of his favorites to wear. I look forward to seeing the sailor pants in person.

Ms. McGraw

One of the Regulars
Just my two cents

Has anyone else been to the store to see the line in person?
I went today and have mixed feelings about it. There were some very nice nautical inspired purses. Plus, I did get two cute blouses for work for a grand total of $21 and some change after tax, so that was pretty nice. Unfortunately though, I thought some of the clothes weren’t made very well. For example, a dress that I really liked (the only one in my size too) had a flaw with the zipper, and several of the jersey shirts were, in my opinion at least, VERY thin and sheer. I know I shouldn’t be too critical as that everything in the line is under $20. I guess overall I’d say it’s worth a look. Oh, and F.Y.I. I thought her shoes ran narrow in the ball of the foot and toes.

texasgirl

One Too Many
Well, I checked out the Steve & Barry's near me and this new line of clothes. To be honest, I was not impressed. I expected the store to be a little like forever 21 but with the larger sizes of the Bitten line. But the store is more like Old Navy. Which is fine, just not what I was expecting. And the clothes looked like Wal-mart stuff, which is fine too, but I was expecting a little bit more fashiony clothes. Everything seemed kinda plain and boring and very thin materials. I didn't see anything I even wanted to try on...

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I went last night to check out the line. No impressed. Just looked like normal clothes, nothing spectacular. I did spot a cute blue and white picnic table patterened(think Dorothy of Oz) puffy shouldered, buttoned up blouse. But it didn't fit or look right. The other clothes looked a bit on the cheap end for me. I couldn't even find the white sailor pants everyone here was talking about.

Kim_B

Practically Family
I guess I'm in the minority here, or I'm just not that picky when it comes to clothes under $20! I was quite pleased with the items I purchased - a white top with pin point dots in black, a white shirt with rouching on the front, and a black "broomstick" skirt all for under $26. They fit well, they're cute, and I didn't spend a fortune on them. What more could a girl ask for! :)

Kim_B

Practically Family
Oh, and the sailor pants haven't made it to all of the stores yet. I was talking with the line's rep at our local store and she was saying that new items have slowly been trickling in, and you should check back if there's something you have your eye on but hasn't made it in yet.

princessofcandl

One of the Regulars
I haven't seen the line yet (planning on going this weekend) but I assume it will not be the best made cuz of the price and all. I don't mind so much, especially since my 38Ds are hard to fit into "regular" shirts. Any store with plus sizes makes me smile. Anyhow, it is her first launch so maybe the feedback will make the next even better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy