Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

Katie Brookes

One of the Regulars
this one is from a series i did, i made a half-doll like those ones they used to sew onto pin cushions only built to fit onto a screw-top plastic bottle, cast it several times in different colors of plastic resin, put them on different size bottles, and constructed the skirts etc from plastic shopping bags. i believe at the time i wanted it to be about folk art, recycling, and ... oh i don't know, i had to give my department excuses and reasons and concepts to justify that basically i just wanted to make dolls :)
l_af24397638f9e509248ba320be0bd191.jpg

l_2be5ec6f3f3bb1d94e3afc4c0fc0ce15.jpg

here is a doll i made

l_3580b28a7dd0a5e470f91b2a93eb6d88.jpg

here is a figure study from a few years ago

l_96e681fbb12d538465309a3ee5de2eef.jpg

here is a bas relief, this is the kind of work i plan to get back into soon

l_9a040bda4387060f1248b253c05afe9e.jpg

i've also been getting back into jewelry making, i carved this crane in wax, cast it in silver, attached some feathers, and wore it to the Deco Preservation Ball in SF this spring.

l_6c72f130ed2a27a785509d9aa33b0c09.jpg

there are a few more in the pics in my myspace. myspace.com/katiedeco

i am so impressed how many creative people are here. Paddy, what a lovely painting I am sure your friends loved it, you say you have no formal training but certainly you practice a lot in your spare time?

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Great stuff everyone. There's quite an array of talent here.

I like puttering around on Photoshop. I did these two recently (for no rhyme nor reason). I need a website...

cameracollage100.jpg

quartetshoulders100.jpg

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Exhibition

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Congratulations and kind words aren't enough.
What if we make a collective exhibition somewhere?
1-2 works each?
FL - Salon des Artistes Indépendantes. 0 jury, the artworks speak for themselves.
The integrity of people here is unquestionable - I at least would NOT scare to send 1-2 of my works on a journey.
There is also the same amount of organizer talents here among members who could make such exhibition happen.
Since there are so many locations where loungers are there-this could be also a wandering exhibition.
Since there are so many artworks - this could happen each year.

What do you think?

DW Evans

New in Town
Here're two drawings I did my Freshman year in high school. At the time, it was my first attempt at creating a photo-realistic image. I entered the two drawings as a single piece in the county fair and won first place in my division.

I took the proceeding picture with a digital camera while the illustrations were still framed so some of the more subtle strokes are lost; thus my reasons for not posting larger, detailed shots.

johnmarilyndu5.jpg

These were done in graphite, using a mechanical pencil, on computer paper.

Rufus

Practically Family
Nice work everyone!

I've got stuff on my myspace page...

I am a professional comicgeekboy..so I'm kinda cheating here...

http://www.myspace.com/rufusdayglo

I've just drawn isuues 9-12 of Metall Gear Solid, and Tank Girl -the Gifting #2-4 for IDW in Comic shops now...

:) rufus...who should be drawing...

HungaryTom

One Too Many
LD, Bravo!

Lady Day said:

LD,

Great site - I quickly reviewed it, the versatility is amazing!
As usual beauty is priceless - being creative at the same time - is even more!
You are really fortunate to master multiple mediums electronic and conventional and that you not only do pictorial arts (draughtswoman skills A1!), comics, animation but you are skilled in making clothes too.
You can make your own film and worlds coming true-if you get budget and time!

I had hard times when I had to do threads and needles. Unfortunately 0 talent was inherited from my mother in this respect - I remember sitting besides her and stairing at her sewing and making clothes.

Congratulations again- in hope that your projects will become reality!

Regards:

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR