Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your own art here :)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
HungaryTom said:
LD,

Great site - I quickly reviewed it, the versatility is amazing!
As usual beauty is priceless - being creative at the same time - is even more!
You are really fortunate to master multiple mediums electronic and conventional and that you not only do pictorial arts (draughtswoman skills A1!), comics, animation but you are skilled in making clothes too.
You can make your own film and worlds coming true-if you get budget and time!

I had hard times when I had to do threads and needles. Unfortunately 0 talent was inherited from my mother in this respect - I remember sitting besides her and stairing at her sewing and making clothes.

Congratulations again- in hope that your projects will become reality!

Regards:

Tom

Well thanks so much, Tom. That was mighty nice of you to say :)

LD

ShortClara

One Too Many
wow, everyone! Just amazing.

Lady Day, wonderful work and beautiful website as well! Designed very well

Girl Friday, silhouettes are gorgeous! I never thought to do that with pics which are great but soft focus!!

Kimberly, gorgeous photos!

Amazing work, all - I admire your talents in this area, I'm jealous, as I have none!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I was a story board artist for a video game company then I decided I didn't want to draw anymore... here is the last thing I did.

I was going for the A-ha look.
1194435319_l.jpg

aha-take-on-me.jpg

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Here's a quick ink doodle I did when I was bored in class a while back...excuse the angst; I was going through a very rough patch.
l_036ce2885d98f85384c3eaf226b60b1f.jpg

Here's a collage that was ruined when my sketchbook got wet. I swear that monkey did have a hand!!
l_79b57b69e1ad719ff93a4496838b3a18.jpg

This is old, and very simple. I still like it.

Editor's Note:

Geez, this editing stuff REALLY kills me...

This is an unfinished project from high school humanities. It was supposed to be my own take on a medieval illuminated manuscript. It says "Marriage of Gravity," which is a principle of Kenpo Karate (I'm a martial artist, too!).
l_90a32dff96862eadbd280a66872ed881.jpg

The valentines that took me to India! I printed them out on my own laser printer and sold a ton to raise money for all of my travel expenses.
l_b32d0cbccc2fd5c077e64627e0328f0f.jpg

If I can access a scanner soon, I might post some of my more formal work. I'm learning to paint with oils, but pen and ink has always been my favorite. I NEVER use pencils -- hate 'em!! That means no sketching. I collage, too, but not very often. A lot of my stuff is anatomically-inspired...I grew up in a medical family, so I've always had access to medical texts, skulls, and even a full human skeleton! Use your resources, right? :)

I draw a lot of comics as well, but I don't usually show them to anyone. They're mostly biographical.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Congratulations,

Girl Friday: very nice boy heads! That is quite delicate!

Matt: Sorry to hear that you quit drawing.

Geisha: You have revealed now why the geisha part of your name stands for: arts not only the martial ones besides beauty.

That the poor teacher and the lesson must have been really boring and lengthy to an extent that is already inspiring lol
I know that happened to me also I did my first portraits in hardtop schoolbooks at 14-15...
Than I did re-think and decided my drawings in maps so they are still archived.
Your phantasy is pretty advanced, I am more the realistic type in arts.
Good to hear that you learn oil painting: just take care with turpentine: it is a catastrophe in dermatology: solves also your skin not only the colours! If you have a separate studio it's OK otherwise your entire apartment clothings, etc smells like oil paint. On the other hand there is NO substitute for that material IMHO.

Why was that rear edited? It is art. Michelangelo's David's rear wasn't re-edited either.

Pls. Scan the other artworks too.

Regards:

Tom

P.S: A question to ALL. Do you use alcohol or drugs when doing arts? Just curious. I don't since drawing or painting i.e. searching for the forms and for the colours takes intense concentration of my limited capacities. Your opinions please.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
HungaryTom said:
P.S: A question to ALL. Do you use alcohol or drugs when doing arts? Just curious. I don't since drawing or painting i.e. searching for the forms and for the colours takes intense concentration of my limited capacities. Your opinions please.

I dont. Never smoked ANYTHING, ever. But I do enjoy an occasional cocktail :)

I have always thought to be any type of artist you do need a vice of some sort. I think that disfunction is what your brain pulls from and channels out as creativity. I think mine is/was severe depression, as in couldnt get out of bed to function, depression. Im getting over it (yay drugs) but in a strange way I welcomed that part of me that was a bit in turmoil.

Some great work came from it so I cnat complain :D

LD

HungaryTom said:

HT
When I do my artwork....that is my drug....
HD

Flora

Familiar Face
Why did no one comment on my photo manipulation work? Ahh okay I'll find more of my work to post! :)

More photo manipulation:
MIU_AD_2_by_MIU_Artist.jpg

Iris___Cat_by_MIU_Artist.jpg

Pitilesscherry__s_Adventure_by_MIU_Artist.jpg

Inverted_Seasons_by_MIU_Artist.jpg

Recent writing:

VISION QUEST

So many times have I lost myself, gazing at that beautiful element of nature called fire. I stare into its soul, and soon enough, it becomes a mirrored reflection of mine. Past, unsolved mysteries of life seem to be solved by the colour scheme of yellow, orange, and red. However, once blown out, the black and grey of the world seem to instantly reappear. It’s strange how something considered to be dead breathes so much life into me.

A great loss of words describes this moment in time perfectly. Looking again at the fire, I see the yin and yang of life. The fire, representing goodness and love, is burning out, or metaphorically speaking, destroying the black string, the evil. But before the string was burned, it was white, which represents goodness and love as well. It just goes to show that within evil lies the potential for good and within good lies the potential for evil.

There’s a dark shadow surrounding everything in life, but the way that you deal with the darkness is a vitally detrimental factor. Every fire has a shadow around it that it casts. We all create problems in our lives and pay for it either by direct or indirect karma, with the most hurtful direct form being an irony of fate. However, no one is expected to be perfect or to make no mistakes, for the mere attempt at perfection is the biggest gesture of all.

Though fire is beautiful, it can be very destructive in the wrong hands. Think of a girl holding a fashion magazine, flipping over to a page with a diet ad. Whether this girl is healthy or not, if she has low self-esteem, the chances of her giving in become greater. This can lead to mental illnesses, sometimes as serious as anorexia or bolemia. Physical perfection is not a requirement to be deemed truly beautiful, but rather perfecting the fire that is your soul.

In the end, everyone has a blazing wall of fire surrounding them, producing many of the dark, evil wonders, and many of the light, good wonders, of the world. Together, we make the living fire of destruction, passion, love, joy, sadness, sorrow, and madness. If we ever miss even just one of these things, all purpose will be destroyed, and in our hearts will thrive a life-draining void. Take my words, heed yourselves…. Because fire is far from related to the image of Hell.

Flora
You must realize that there is so much great creative talent in this thread....that it would now take a small book to compliment all. I'm just impressed that so many members express themselves through art. Some artists(like me)are never quite satisfied with their finished product....but,most always,find great joy in the process of creating it. It's like an addiction. Striving to create what you visualize in your mind's-eye. Always learning...accomplishing by doing. Many times..even pleasantly surprising yourself how certain aspects somehow turned out. An artist should be thick skinned(but usually not!)....and never let any criticism discourage the journey.
HD

Flora

Familiar Face
HoosierDaddy said:
Flora
You must realize that there is so much great creative talent in this thread....that it would now take a small book to compliment all. I'm just impressed that so many members express themselves through art. Some artists(like me)are never quite satisfied with their finished product....but,most always,find great joy in the process of creating it. It's like an addiction. Striving to create what you visualize in your mind's-eye. Always learning...accomplishing by doing. Many times..even pleasantly surprising yourself how certain aspects somehow turned out. An artist should be thick skinned(but usually not!)....and never let any criticism discourage the journey.
HD
Haha, I do digital art and stories. Can't paint for my life :(

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Matt Deckard said:
I was a story board artist for a video game company then I decided I didn't want to draw anymore... here is the last thing I did.

I was going for the A-ha look.
1194435319_l.jpg

aha-take-on-me.jpg

That's great. You got it, that Aha look.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Some more of my drawings..

I dug deep into the file to find these gems from the 1960's and '70's. The ship was done in '66 (on school paper, no less! I was about 12 at the time.) I haven't drawn in decades, once I discovered photography. I ended up photographing other peoples art work, in the galleries of Scottsdale, AZ. I'll post some of those too perhaps.

art-Macarthur.jpg

Doughboy-art.jpg
art-Rittmeister.jpg

art-biplane.jpg

art-Viking.jpg

art-gallion2.jpg

-dixon cannon

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
I dont. Never smoked ANYTHING, ever. But I do enjoy an occasional cocktail :)

I have always thought to be any type of artist you do need a vice of some sort. I think that disfunction is what your brain pulls from and channels out as creativity. I think mine is/was severe depression, as in couldnt get out of bed to function, depression. Im getting over it (yay drugs) but in a strange way I welcomed that part of me that was a bit in turmoil.

Some great work came from it so I cnat complain :D

LD

LD,

Thanks for the feedback. I agree w. you: I also had my hellride after a personal tragedy in my family. Some dark arts come from that period: the seemingly satanist forces I depicted w. demons, LCF etc came from that time. I have a painting that some esoteric people saw were scared to look at. But I never used medicaments I wanted to feel all the pain.
Pearls grow in pain.
In normal mood you get everyday and more idyllic pictures.The actual reason I asked was cause I wanted to kill the legends that artists are drunkards and untrustworthy. Actually I think this gives a sort of vent that when you are in great pain you can get rid of it. When I first got my heart broken by my then-girlfriend I did draw her portrait so that gave me a kind of satisfaction that I am somebody and that I can do that. In general drawing helped me a lot as a child to escape to a 'shelter'.

Flora,

I saw first only one picture. As I said before I think the stuff collected here is worthy of an exhibition ALL included.

Regards:

Tom

texasgirl

One Too Many
One of my Favorites!

How about some textile art? Here is a quilt I made about 3 years ago. It was the 5th quilt I made; I am now working on no 17. It's very big 105" X 105" and right now we are using it on our bed. It has 976 triangles of different fabrics, there are only a few that repeat.

quilt.jpg

Dominic

One of the Regulars
Like I mentionned in a previous post, I'm a self-taught cartoonist. Here are some examples of what I do:

biff_faces.jpg

cookie1.jpg

slurp.jpg

thegreatescape2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW